Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Abdul Fatawu

On 06/07/2024 at 12:50, Richard said:

Judging by his insta he's still in Ghana

On 06/07/2024 at 12:54, phoneticerror said:

That’s a worry cos he was photographed at Seagrave a few days ago

Abdul come closer. Abdul go back 

On 06/07/2024 at 13:54, phoneticerror said:

That’s a worry cos he was photographed at Seagrave a few days ago

forgive me if i'm missing a joke or referring to a different pic. but the one i saw resurface the other day purporting to be recent where he's wearing an all green tracksuit was an older pic as far as i'm aware.

5 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

forgive me if i'm missing a joke or referring to a different pic. but the one i saw resurface the other day purporting to be recent where he's wearing an all green tracksuit was an older pic as far as i'm aware.

You’re forgiven :ph34r:

• Sad 1

Can Mavididi play on the right? I wonder if Bobby is our left winger, shifting Stephy to the right and no deal for Fatawu?

I thought we were obligated to buy him though. Very strange for him to not be announced.

Maybe it’ll happen later today? Staggering the news

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Can Mavididi play on the right? I wonder if Bobby is our left winger, shifting Stephy to the right and no deal for Fatawu?

I thought we were obligated to buy him though. Very strange for him to not be announced.

What's the rush, every outlet had said its a done deal! 

He played in a world Cup qualifying on the 10th of June, I'd imagine like all the other players on international duty his got extra time off.

They are going to need him back here to take photos etc.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

BDR is versatile but he's primarily a right sided player. Even if something had happened with the Fatawu deal (I don't believe it has) why would you play Mavididi AND BDR on opposite sides from that they are both comfortable with?

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

BDR is versatile but he's primarily a right sided player. Even if something had happened with the Fatawu deal (I don't believe it has) why would you play Mavididi AND BDR on opposite sides from that they are both comfortable with?

I know very little about BDR, but Wikipedia said he plays on the left so I assumed that was correct 

8 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I know very little about BDR, but Wikipedia said he plays on the left so I assumed that was correct 

Screenshot_20240708_150314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9909f97291085a948717ed9aa481d24d.jpg

• Like 1

Has this stalled as we didn’t want to pay the agreed fee in one go? 

Hence we are now looking at other options.

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

Has this stalled as we didn’t want to pay the agreed fee in one go? 

Hence we are now looking at other options.

It's an obligation to buy. The terms were already set a year ago. I highly doubt we agreed to pay it all in one go, that nuance is when teams offer the release clause for players. It's only cast iron if it's paid in full but even then I'm not sure it is that common.

We probably haven't announced it whilst his work permit comes through, think we have to apply again for it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We have literally zero squad depth. Reid is just a rotation option that can play in multupl positions. 

Mavididi and Fatawu almost certainly first choice next year left and right. 

Really? I think Reid will get a more game time than a lot of people think. If we're under the cosh he's the ideal player who can attack and defend. 

Losing kdh and ndidi would make him a senior member of the squad with the experience he has. 

Don't be surprised if it Reid plus one of our other strikers.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Seems people don't understand what a obligation is.

If we're obligated to sign him, then why isn't he here ready for training yesterday? He didn't go away with Ghana over the summer, so he should be here ready to go.

People's concern probably stems from this being yet another indication of the fact that we're a bit crap behind the scenes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If we're obligated to sign him, then why isn't he here ready for training yesterday? He didn't go away with Ghana over the summer, so he should be here ready to go.

People's concern probably stems from this being yet another indication of the fact that we're a bit crap behind the scenes.

He played for Ghana twice in June.

Screenshot_20240709_082310_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes he did.

He played in the World Cup qualifying on the 6th of June against Mali and 10th of June against Central African Republic.

So he will have an extended summer like the other internationals.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes he did.

He played in the World Cup qualifying on the 6th of June against Mali and 10th of June against Central African Republic.

So he will have an extended summer like the other internationals.

Fair enough, I didn't see anything about him being away but I guess why would LCFC have posted about it when he wasn't our player.

• Like 1