Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

If the next appointment is uninspiring it definitely will be 

• Like 1

Love what Enzo did here, but I had question marks over how successful his style of play would be next season without massive rebuild, I think we have players here who could be utilized as well by a new manager. It's frustrating, as we have no ideal candidate. My worry is what the board and Top want and how we can get it; do we go for a like for like manager or just an experienced man with the stay up brief?

Not deflated BUT expectations are worryingly low.

We're awaiting our points deduction fate which have a massive effect on spirit and vibes in the club this summer AND who we can attract.

We have an ownership and club hierarchy that none of us feel very confident in on the football front, after repeated errors the last 3 years, looking for rabbits out of hats here!!!

That group is not the most nimble. quick or agile AND we need a new manager AND a bit of a player clearout and 4-6 new players in.

We are about to lose our manager and don't know if that will mean a total change of playing style and what effect it will have on what's left of the squad and the new signings.

17th will be a success NOW and that means not a great season because you will lose a lot of games.

Not deflated BUT expectations are worryingly low. :scarf:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just meh :dunno: 

Let's see who we appoint first.

That’s the bit that worries me …. We have a reasonable track record of appointing managers, but everytime it’s a risk 

1 minute ago, The boy Linacre said:

Not deflated BUT expectations are worryingly low.

We're awaiting our points deduction fate which have a massive effect on spirit and vibes in the club this summer AND who we can attract.

We have an ownership and club hierarchy that none of us feel very confident in on the football front, after repeated errors the last 3 years, looking for rabbits out of hats here!!!

That group is not the most nimble. quick or agile AND we need a new manager AND a bit of a player clearout and 4-6 new players in.

We are about to lose our manager and don't know if that will mean a total change of playing style and what effect it will have on what's left of the squad and the new signings.

17th will be a success NOW and that means not a great season because you will lose a lot of games.

Not deflated BUT expectations are worryingly low. :scarf:

Blimey, I’m more deflated reading that summary (which I entirely agree with)!!

8 minutes ago, RYM said:

We’re not much worse off TBH. Possibly better. We may now get a manager whose style will work with the players we’ve got / can get. 

That’s the other side to the coin, let’s hope it lands that way!! 

Was only here a year and while Enzo helped get us promoted, I didn't become that attached. So not deflated, just a bit of a setback.

We've still got the chance to make the best of our promotion and build on that for next year onwards. If we get someone who can replicate Enzo's playing style and has a good eye for talent and can develop players, we'll be fine. Going back to the model/strategy that got us successful is the way to go. There's signs of it happening in the last 12 months with who we recruited. 

Still on the up. Losing a manager doesn't send us back down. Who we recruit next is key! 

• Like 2

Not really deflated. The only aim this season is survival, and whilst I would rather have kept Enzo there are other managers out there who could give us as much chance as he does of staying up.

I really don't expect to avoid relegation this season so happy to give the new man a couple of seasons, hopefully another project manager. But even if it's Moyes, I'd be uninspired but I'd understand why.

Deflated in the sense that we may now appoint a manager we think will keep us up but who has a low ceiling, instead of taking a punt on someone who has upside. Seeing Leicester fans talk positively about potentially seeing David Moyes in post has ruined my week. I’d rather risk getting relegated again than turning into Crystal Palace.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Blimey, I’m more deflated reading that summary (which I entirely agree with)!!

TBF I've just looked at the manager list AND I feel a bit more optimistic.

We seem to want Potter but I doubt he'll come here.  Moyes would be pragmatic, results based choice, as good a chance as any to keep us up, thats all we need.

Then the bolters like Rob Edwards or Mark Robins, don't want Corberan as hasn't managed in the top flight and what has he actually done in the Championship, play off failure.

Most importantly can the powers that be made the flipping decision about the level of points deduction if any, that'll have the biggest impact!!!

Edited by The boy Linacre

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

It's not just a manager, but the whole backroom staff. We maybe overcommitted to Enzo when we got rid of Stowel, Saddler and Knudsen. There is a lot to sort out now before we get to preseason.

Yes, im deflated but this is football. Its the sort of thing that happens when you appoint someone ambitious on the way up. If they succeed then they are on the shortlist for every PL clubs targets. I'm surprised Chelsea have gone in so soon for him though. 

Edited by Chelmofox

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

We were never going to be able to sign the players the manager wanted to implement his plan. The board have left us in such a mess that we have to sell before we can buy and we will prioritise getting back to what we had before strengthening. 

Also I dont know why people are having a meltdown about the manager leaving, if it wasn’t for other teams screwing up at the finish we would have very likely bottled a 17pt lead. When things looked bad last season it was very very Rodgersesque and that was in the League below.

I liked Enzo but his flaws were exposed badly in the second half of the season and make no mistake with the squad, position and resources at our disposal we limped over the finish line, a few good results cant paper over that fact. 

Christ, someone has the post bank holiday blues if this is your assessment of winning the league.

• Like 4