Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

Yeah. Deflated by Enzo leaving. Deflated by one of the rich six - a small group we were hoping to disrupt very recently - effectively knee capping us on our arrival back in the Prem. Deflated by the corporate shit show the EPL now is (worse than ever). Really deflated by those in our fanbase thinking we’re now somehow better off for all this. 
I’m quite close to redirecting my time and resources completely elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not deflated about Enzo leaving but concerned about what comes next. 

Enzo did well and did what was asked of him but he started to show Rodgers symptoms for me, the ego, the 'I know better than you' attitude, the seemingly wanting to oversee all aspects of running the club - which may or may not have worked, but if it didn't, we'd be in a hell of a mess. 

The board need to get this next appointment spot on or we're in real trouble. No Smith replacing Rodgers appt which was a total waste of time and they might as well have not bothered. This is a  pivotal season for us and it has to be the right appointment, not a finger in the air job and hope it all goes right. 

When we look at the table after we get a points deduction - then i'll be deflated.

Right now I feel fine.

In terms of Maresca - He did what was asked of him - he got us promoted, and for that we are grateful. Is it a bit of shame he's only been here one season? Maybe but this season is an entirely different ball game.

We're not going to get away with patient, playing possession based Enzo-ball, we've simply not got the players for it.  Enzo has showed no sign at all of being able to play another way.

Our task is survival, we must do whatever it takes to get results and we need a manager who can be flexible with his tactics and pragmatic in his approach. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Christ, someone has the post bank holiday blues if this is your assessment of winning the league.

Its just an unbiased assessment of the situation without my LCFC bias. We were honking to watch 90% of last season. 

I'm staying off the football side of the forum until season start in August.  There's nothing much to look forward to footballing wise over the next 2 months and the Euros will no doubt be another non event as far as Southgate is concerned.  Rather not ruin the summer following either too closely.

Not deflated, no. Enzo being poached was always likely to happen. I'm not convinced he would have the wherewithal to keep us in the PL. He's done his job, now's the time for a new manager to consolidate us in the PL.

• Like 2

I'm pleased it's happened. Compensation money in the bank and we can now appoint a pragmatic manager who will give us a chance of stopping up in adverse circumstances, it's going to be a blessing in (a fairly transparent) disguise. Thanks for getting us up Enzo - no ill will against the man and hope he does well at Chelsea.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

I do feel deflated. I was a big fan of Enzo. But plenty of positives in all this.

1. Lots of question marks about Enzo's style of football in a league where we no longer had the best, most technically gifted players. He proved to rigidly stick to it in its entirety come what may so was we could of dodged a bullet there (we will never know of course).

2. The club gets 10 million plus for Enzo and his staff. In the current situation that is most welcome and could be the difference between selling or keeping KDH. Also if we started the season badly and we had to sack him (like a lot on here wanted a month ago) then it would have cost us 10 million plus to do it so in that hypothetical situation it's a net gain of 20 million.

3. If he was remotely successful He was going anyway he's an incredibly trendy pep prodigy that was always going to be in demand by the big boys. better now where the new man gets a pre season and a chance to sign his own players than in September when Man United sack Ten Haag.

4. Counter attacking football. We are perfectly placed to implement this with a rapid front 3 and KDH going box to box. In fact we looked at our devestating best last season when we had less of the ball. Enzo hated this and even after we scored great goals in this manner repeatedly expressed this is not how he wants to play. Hopefully the new manager will look at the situation and the players at his disposal and will be a bit more open to playing different ways.

• Like 4

We have been alot bigger messes than this before and will ride it out.

Once we get a new manager, points deduction and the fixtures come out (Chelsea at home to welcome Enzo!) we will be right up for it!!:scarf:

Completely understand your post, but to be honest I was more deflated going into this season playing Enzoball knowing the sort of players Rudkin is going to bring in and the fact Enzo will refuse to play to those players. 

I’m still slightly deflated because I’ve almost completely fallen out of love with football and we are in a bad position, but with the right managerial appointment I might gain some excitement back. 

Reasonable chance that if Enzo stays then he gets sacked by the time the clocks go back so we're maybe ahead of the curve - getting a new manager and £10M in the bank rather than having to pay up his contract.

Not deflated but not excited either. 

Had Rodgers not been sacked, regardless of staying in the Premiership or not, after decades we would have called it a day. Fed up of the then situation, including the board, but also Premiership football all round tbh.

Enzo to me was an exciting appointment and, bearing in mind our financial situation, I thought the summer recruitment and loans were overall very good and more akin to Leicester City. 

Enzo clearly put a zip in the step of the players, they seemed a lot fitter and appeared to be well up for the fight and bought into his demands. It started extremely positively and, even though there were some murmurings about Enzo's possession style, unlike Rodgers, I could see (I think) what he was trying to achieve. 

The warning signs, as people have mentioned, came when we had dip, largely because I think, we became very predictable. There seemed not the slightest effort at a plan B and a Rodgers style stubbornness started to appear.

However, at the Southampton game, after Vardy supposedly had his closed shop discussion, whatever that consisted of and whether it was even relevant, the performance seemed to change dramatically. Some put it down to the opposition manager's tactics but I don't fully subscribe to that. Most noticeable for me were the amount of long accurate cross field passes by Doyle and Vestergaard which effectively moved the Southampton players around all over the place. Not all the time but just enough to make us somewhat unpredictable.  We didn't in other words rely solely upon a slower build up from the back. Despite lower possession figures, we looked and were dangerous!

In the next match I saw Doyle play, he tried to make two similar cross field passes, which though successful led to Maresca seemingly castigate him for it so he didn't attempt it again. That to me again signals system before substance and potential success. I also sometimes think you have to trust players more.

Enzo is a new manager but already, unlike Pep, seems to be a one trick pony. We may have dodged a bullet as there was more than a little hint, I think, of a Vincent Kompany Mark 2 performance this coming season. 

Whilst I'd have initially got behind Enzo I now look forward to a new manager who will hopefully focus on the strengths of the players that he's actually got and not those of who he wished he had. 

• Like 3

Personally I was always going to find it difficult to warm back up to him after Plymouth. A black mark that was going to be difficult to shift. Felt like Brendan's Legia. 

His relationship with the fans was a real odd one. Encouraged the signing section but then had spells where he wouldn't even bother clapping anyone post-match. 

Think he needs a couple of years experience - thought that told at times this season in a lot of areas. Tactically, man management, and mentally (the big game thing with Leeds and/or when he was wildly celebrating Leeds losing at Coventry). 

Rudder’ short list:

1. Big Sam

2. Roy Hodgson

3. David Moyes

4. Sean from Enderby

5. The Birch

exciting times ahead lads and lassies.

#rudkinhasneverletusdownb4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Deflated at the fact the manager appreciated those fans that made an atmosphere and it felt like a foothold for those that get involved.  

Agreed.  Managers come and go, they always have but Enzo did seem genuinely interested in the fans and creating an atmosphere.  We don't know what happens behind closed doors but I imagine he was for rather than against singing sections and standing areas....just guessing mind but it's the impression I got.  Fan groups said he supported them so from that perspective I'm a little disappointed that a manager that cares about an atmosphere is going.

Edited by rugbyblue