Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

No, I don't think I am deflated.

I'm at an age now where I have too many other concerns that take priority . There was a time when Leicester losing would ruin, and I mean ruin, my weekend.  Whereas now, I obviously wish us well, but it isnt the be all and end all anymore.

I have, I'm afraid, written this coming season off in anycase, something I couldnt imagine doing even a few short years ago under any circumstances and that was before the manager moving on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm at an age now where I have too many other concerns that take priority . There was a time when Leicester losing would ruin, and I mean ruin, my weekend.  Whereas now, I obviously wish us well, but it isnt the be all and end all anymore.

I have, I'm afraid, written this coming season off in anycase, something I couldnt imagine doing even a few short years ago under any circumstances and that was before the manager moving on.

I agree.  For two hours on a Saturday it's all consuming but the bottom line is, we have lives and in the big scheme of things, one millionaire making a few more millions elsewhere doesn't affect us too much.  

I'll support city whoever the manager is, whoever plays for us and whatever division.  What else am I going to do? Support someone else?  It doesn't work that way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Couldn't agree more. Football has lost it's soul with a money merry go round of managers and players. It's only a game and should be seen as that. No loyalty anymore. We gave Maresca a chance in management and he repays it by leaving within a year. 

• Like 4

Not deflated at all, as other have said just a bit "ah well" 

Did the job asked of him but there is no papering overthe cracks, we limped over the finish line really didn't we 

Don't want to sound dramatic and negative but I'm pretty much resigned to the upcoming season being ridiculously tough with finances, points deductions, even with Enzo in charge, purely for the fact that he has his way of playing and that's it

Intrigued more then anything to see where we go from here with whoever comes in

I will say though, it needs to be someone who is clear of the fact where we are financially, FFP and PSR wise, and have a good understanding that the season after next we will more the likely be back in the Championship, and the rebuild will have to start again 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m less concerned with Maresca going, but am very concerned about how talk of points deductions might impact on who wants the job. Who would want to manage us if we had a points deduction that makes relegation more or less a nailed on certainty?

DeanSmith.thumb.jpg.acc9b76a412bff4ed027914264a1a70e.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We are getting £10m plus for a manager we would probably have sacked and had to pay off by Christmas 

I’m inflated 

if we could recoup all the wages paid to the backroom then last years management could be for free

It's not ideal, it was always going to be a tough and uniquely challenging season approaching, any diversion on our preparation is unwanted.

Positively we do have PL status, PL income, some big wages are now off the books, we have a very good young keeper (well 2 by the looks of it), hopefully Fatawu and possibly still K DH and Winks to build a team around. Just need to find a dozen players and a manager who don't mind starting on minus points and will accept moderate wages and an uncertain future :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm actually relieved he's gone. If a manager was so stubborn to make any significant tactical changes in Championship or even simple subs on time, I can't see how would he improve in PL under the stays quo we're currently in. Unless our fans expect us to make cheap 11-12 transfers and they all turn out to be Kante, Mahrez and Vardy quality. 

New manager probably will cast Daka to one side and start to play Cannon. We might even stop playing Faes. Let’s gooooooo!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

A bit peeved now as had started something which we’ll never know how it could have ended. I also said in the other enzo thread about how I think we’re a lot worse than we realise behind the scenes as well. And if we get someone dross in as well that will make it worse

Having a manager poached is always galling, more so than a player I think. And that's even true where there are legitimate doubts about the manager. So I do feel a little deflated now, but that could all change depending on the appointment.

Also being cornered backs against the wall suits us going into the season I think. We seem to (generally, not always) respond better to it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Was going to make a thread for this but will use this thread.

Do we think the club are doing what they should be doing or already done succession planning or will they wait until Enzo is confirmed gone and take a few weeks before a panic appointment?

--

On the subject at hand I do have a little bit of deflation, the question again "why us", it seems Leicester City are always picked on by the bigger clubs (I expect how easily we have sold players in past is a contributor to this), To me logically there is much more proven managers already in the EPL but it seems wont be approached. (especially Villas manager).  There is also that dount at the back of my mind would Enzo have proven me wrong.

On the flip side this could be good for us, we desperately need the 10 million and it a chance for the club to get a more suited manager.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Was going to make a thread for this but will use this thread.

Do we think the club are doing what they should be doing or already one succession planning or will they wait until Enzo is confirmed gone and take a few weeks before a panic appointment?

Dean smith nightmare scenario again fills me with dread 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

It's why I find it hard to give a **** about football these days. We won the PL, playing in Europe, FA cup win and look at us now. ****ed.

Look at Brighton, they were actually getting somewhere then had their team picked apart just like us.

What's the point of it all? If we go on to to do anything again, Chelsea etc will just rob our players and staff if they can't beat us on the pitch. Watch them do the same to Villa.

This where I am hence my “meh” post in reply to this thread.

During one of my many rants about possession based football and why we do it someone tried to reason with me why we did it, they claimed we did it so we could “be sustainable”,  “train them up and suit them for top club” then “sell our players/managers” to make money then reinvest.

I don’t see how that sustainable, I don’t see how it makes and money to reinvest - it hasn’t worked on either counts has it? Even if people do wanna claim it worked, it soon caught up with us and we found ourselves in a mess, relegated, FFP, point deductions, etc.

Add to that it’s boring as hell.

Personally, I see our pre possession based football era far more successful, sustainable, a better model and more than anything far more bloody exciting and enjoyable.

I felt we had a swagger, a fight in us back then, an “identity” (I hate that cliche and buzzword aswell) and when someone left we made sure they’d regret it.

The only identity we have in much of the last 7 years is the one size fits all that football has allowed itself to become.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Dean smith nightmare scenario again fills me with dread 

The main issue with smith was how late it happened.  Was total chaos and the transition to a new manager that season showed how bad the club are at football decision making.  I also think he didnt have freedom, the club intervened on the style compromising him.

Edited by Chrysalis

Personally I'm delighted. :scarf:

It's the best possible outcome as all the evidence over the past 2 seasons lead me to predict, we would have been languishing in the relegation zone by Christmas, and would have struggled to stay up with his brand of football in the premier League, as he is essentially playing the same football as Rodgers. Possession obsession with little attacking threat. Also he never organised our defence to defend as an effective unit. 

We must be come a difficult side to score against, otherwise we will be in the bottom third of the prem. Not where we want to be. 

Enzo did the job he was employed to do, just!!! He had every resourse to finish first and we did. We made an effort of it however. 

I live in hope that we change the style of play, because it's not the most effective way of playing considering the squad we currently have, and have had for years. Also it is dreadfully boring to watch. I don't mind being bored but we have to win! I feared next season under EM we would have just repeated 22/23. 

I live in hope we have a structured manager who puts defense first, and not possession. 

Also the compensation will be a minor bonus that can aid our FFP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

During one of my many rants about possession based football and why we do it someone tried to reason with me why we did it, they claimed we did it so we could “be sustainable”, “sell our players/managers” to make money then reinvest.

I don’t see how that sustainable, I don’t see how it makes and money to reinvest - it hasn’t worked on either counts has it? Even if people do wanna claim it worked, it soon caught up with us and we found ourselves in a mess, relegated, FFP, point deductions, etc.

Add to that it’s boring as hell.

I see our pre possession based football era far more successful, sustainable, a better model and more than anything far more bloody exciting.

Yeah the problem seems to be, many fans see it as some type of "higher level" football so they think its more likely to have sustained success, but the problem is it requires a lot of spending to make it work, even Pep struggled, in his early years Man City were conceding loads of goals, resolved by buying him a few hundred million pounds worth of defensive players.  He has issues as well with getting goals, no problem, buy him a really expensive striker suited to his system.

Need to be practical here 

Possible points deduction 

Not many players of Premier league quality 

Not a massive budget for new players

Squad depth and strength poor

Deflated or optimistic the new appointment will decide that .... 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Enzo specifically leaving doesn't bother me so much. He wasn't here long enough to get attached and whilst I think he was exactly the right manager to get us promoted, some of the observations that his tactical stubbornness might not help a relegation scrapping team aren't unwarranted. He's probably better suited to Chelsea in the Prem than us. 

What's deflating is looking at Enzo and his fallout here as a symptom and not an isolated incident. Ipswich have convinced their manager to stay, got him a contract extension, are going in to a third consecutive year of growth and stability. 

We're looking for our fourth manager in 18 months because the one that got us promoted couldn't get to the door fast enough having had his friends in the media relay his discontent that the club has major problems behind the scenes, is in financial difficulties and hid these things from him. 

What's deflating is knowing we've got to go back to the drawing board and roll the dice again on managerial recruitment and because we don't have a competent sporting director, the philosophy and system of the team could well end up being reset yet again and we could end up being back to square one on squad building with something as simple as a new manager wanting full backs. 

What's deflating is that for the last five or six years, any time we've got transfer business to do we've gotten on with it immediately and wrapped it up ASAP and this year we have radio silence besides the odd link to a free transfer or a £3m youngster. All of the signs are pointing towards an extremely conservative summer and a very difficult upcoming season desperately trying to consolidate and what's most deflating of all is that Enzo is leaving to go to a painfully, absurdly volatile situation where there's an extremely high chance he'll be unemployed again before Christmas and it'll have just been a waste. 

Can’t help thinking that McKenna has some sort of clause if Man. Utd. come calling. Ipswich may be protecting themselves with better compensation if he does get that call. We can’t compete with the likes of Chelsea financially and trying to do so has put us in trouble. Haven’t Chelsea got some sort of problems with FFP anyway?

• Like 1