Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be honest, I think we’re done with King Power….. I think we can see a mega decline on the way. We will do a Bolton and Portsmouth and sink down the football pyramid. I think if we fail this season, it will probably be the start of said decline and there’s more chance of us ending up in league 2 than the premier league again. 

If this season goes tits up, I think I’ll call it a day with the ST. Never ever thought I’d see the day, but I’m fast losing interest in the club, they don’t give a shit about the fans, and we’re a complete calamity off and on the pitch. This season is going to be embarrassing, genuinely think Derby’s record is about to be smashed. In fact, I don’t think we will win a game all season…. 

The whole club ****ing stinks from top to bottom. 

Ditto. 

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be honest, I think we’re done with King Power….. I think we can see a mega decline on the way. We will do a Bolton and Portsmouth and sink down the football pyramid. I think if we fail this season, it will probably be the start of said decline and there’s more chance of us ending up in league 2 than the premier league again. 

If this season goes tits up, I think I’ll call it a day with the ST. Never ever thought I’d see the day, but I’m fast losing interest in the club, they don’t give a shit about the fans, and we’re a complete calamity off and on the pitch. This season is going to be embarrassing, genuinely think Derby’s record is about to be smashed. In fact, I don’t think we will win a game all season…. 

The whole club ****ing stinks from top to bottom. 

We will not decline. A club that has played in the third tier only once does not suddenly end up in league two.

This time last year people were saying we would have more chance of being in league one than the Premier League.

I get bored of all this. Even with the state of our finances we are not in the mess that the likes of Portsmouth were, it's not comparable, their whole squad walked out ffs.

These posts stink of a big club attitude. We don't know how lucky we've got it to follow a club that has only really played in the top tier and second tier all it's existence. 

I am, however, not excited for this season and it's the first time I've felt like it all my life. I attended one friendly but aside from that I've not really taken interest in this pre season.

• Like 1

I actually don’t care anymore either. I’ve got zero interest in the upcoming season and fully expect us to go down without one iota of a fight.  There is nothing positive about our club anymore and fully expect at best in maybe 5 years time to be bottom half of the Championship or somewhere fighting for promotion back from league 1. 

I can’t remember us ever being so ill equipped for a season ever in terms of players.  There have been seasons of course in the past where we knew it would be a slog, but this season just feels like we don’t actually have a chance, and that’s even before the possible points deduction. 

I mean, we are going down this season, for me that’s as certain as death and taxes.  I just don’t know what our plan is anymore, and more worryingly, I don’t think there is one anyway with regards to the powers that be at our club.

This is the start of a huge unravelling and who knows where it will end up

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Where I would have agreed a few weeks ago, but not now… Is that were caught between giving the PL a good go and not overspending. It now seems like we’ve given up before the season starts. Cooper can rightly question if he’s been backed.

I'll clarify that, I think we've got stuck between planning for next season whilst also mildly attempting to try and stay in the league. I don't think we'd be trying for your Zaha, Ayez, Reids if they didn't have one eye on staying up. If we were planning for next season, I think we'd have seen us go for qulity championship proven players. 

So that's why I think we are stuck in between. We've not signed anything remotely good enough to keep us up, whilst also seeminly not gone for anything that would suggest we're planning for next season. I'd have been far happier with us writing it off this season, and buying young up and coming talent from lower leagues. 

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I don’t want to turn this into the same debate as we always have (Rudkin), but my feeling is that we’ve just reached the ceiling of the talent in the boardroom. There’s nothing to be excited about because there’s no project / vision / long term leadership. I think the managerial selection clearly shows that, our transfer business illustrates it, and suspect we will see it on the pitch in a few days. 

I don't disagree at all, do not take me playing devils advocate as a sign for me liking or being happy with anyone ate the club. I am not. As I've said times and times and times, Whelan is to blame, Top is to blame and Rudkin is to blame... along with others. The question is to what degree is each of them take the blame. I don't know if Rudkin went to Top and Whelan and said sack Rodgers, and they said we can't we can't afford it. I don't know if Rodgers went to Top and he asked him for backing, so Top told Rudkin to back him for loads of cash. I don't know who said what in the boardroom and protested what decisions etc. I don't know why transfers fail and who is to blame precisely. 

What we do know is that Whelan and Top are above Rudkin, so it's he's the total bumbling idiot people make him out to be, you'd like to think he'd be removed. The fact he hasn't been, does make me wonder if there is more to it and they all know each of them is accountable for certain things, that then snowball. 

If Rudkin is to blame, sack him. If he's to blame and you don't, then the whole lot of them can **** off. 

Very, there’s also a lack of footage from the training ground. I wonder if things aren’t to rosy on there at the minute. I felt under enzo that we got regular training snippets before a game and the lads looked happy in their training. Either that or cooper wants more of a behind closed doors training ground but can’t see that given he says he wants connection with the fans etc. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'll clarify that, I think we've got stuck between planning for next season whilst also mildly attempting to try and stay in the league. I don't think we'd be trying for your Zaha, Ayez, Reids if they didn't have one eye on staying up. If we were planning for next season, I think we'd have seen us go for qulity championship proven players. 

So that's why I think we are stuck in between. We've not signed anything remotely good enough to keep us up, whilst also seeminly not gone for anything that would suggest we're planning for next season. I'd have been far happier with us writing it off this season, and buying young up and coming talent from lower leagues. 

I don't disagree at all, do not take me playing devils advocate as a sign for me liking or being happy with anyone ate the club. I am not. As I've said times and times and times, Whelan is to blame, Top is to blame and Rudkin is to blame... along with others. The question is to what degree is each of them take the blame. I don't know if Rudkin went to Top and Whelan and said sack Rodgers, and they said we can't we can't afford it. I don't know if Rodgers went to Top and he asked him for backing, so Top told Rudkin to back him for loads of cash. I don't know who said what in the boardroom and protested what decisions etc. I don't know why transfers fail and who is to blame precisely. 

What we do know is that Whelan and Top are above Rudkin, so it's he's the total bumbling idiot people make him out to be, you'd like to think he'd be removed. The fact he hasn't been, does make me wonder if there is more to it and they all know each of them is accountable for certain things, that then snowball. 

If Rudkin is to blame, sack him. If he's to blame and you don't, then the whole lot of them can **** off. 

You gave up and said you couldn't be arsed (and posted much less) last season when we had Enzo and were winning. You must be suicidal at this point - we've got Cooper, a worse style of football and a worse squad lol

• Like 1

I’m pretty disappointed, disgusted, deflated whatever word you want to use regarding the off field running of the club - I think we’re in unison on that.

On field, admittedly I’m yet to see anything under Cooper, I’ve not seen a second of pre season, so I’m going in blind but as far as I’m concerned I cannot feel anymore distanced or disillusion with on field stuff than I did in the summer of 22/23 - that’s not hyperbole or exaggeration.

I’m actually going into this season quite content (maybe not quite the right word), certainly not deflated, in comparison the 22/23 - that was the peak of disinterested for me.

Edited by Matt

Appreciate it was a friendly on Saturday but that feels like a pre requisite for the season. 

I thought as a professional footballer there is an innate will to win but apart from Madds they really don't look as they give much of a fuch 

I sort of hope to get rid of the majority of them and I'd be happy to see a rebuild in the championship with Madds, Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke, Fatawu and Cannon forming the backbone of the team 

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

You gave up and said you couldn't be arsed (and posted much less) last season when we had Enzo and were winning. You must be suicidal at this point - we've got Cooper, a worse style of football and a worse squad lol

I feel exactly the same, not up, not down. Just don't really care! 

The posting will stop the second my clients get back from holiday lol

• Haha 1

We've had our time in the sun and some time that was but feels like we're crawling back in to oblivion again. Cycles, it happens and if you asked Bournemouth fans 5+ years ago if they would be spending £40m plus on a Brazilian striker they'd have laughed their socks off.

Problem for KP is what's left in it for them? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Fingers crossed this is true  

:fc:

Tensions behind the scenes Rudkin and Whelan no longer on speaking terms the boardroom is in turmoil according to what I've heard. Top has lost interest and is willing to listen to offers for the club. #lcfc

Just seen this chap's X profile, and he quotes himself as a 'Wannabee Comedian'

Keep trying kiddo, as this joke is cr@p.

Where in the hell has he got this from.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We've had our time in the sun and some time that was but feels like we're crawling back in to oblivion again. Cycles, it happens and if you asked Bournemouth fans 5+ years ago if they would be spending £40m plus on a Brazilian striker they'd have laughed their socks off.

Problem for KP is what's left in it for them? 

Have to agree, we are back where we belong in our yo yo club status.  What a 10 years though, in my time as a fan, 80's where pants, 90's were great, 00's bloody awful, 10's unimaginable, 20's back to what I expect.

Problem clubs like us have it's hard to sustain as you get asset stripped by bigger clubs, we tried to avoid it and got stung by FFP.  Look at Palace, makings of a great team near the end of the season and their losing there star players already.

I'm with you though, nothing left in it for KP - FFP makes it hard to compete.  I'd get shot if it was me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Imagine if we got something against Spurs! What would all those predicting the end of the world, or at least our world, say to that. 

We are not dead yet.

Spurs are only 4/1 to score 4 or more on Monday 🤣🤣🤣

leicester are 4/1 to win

The saddest thing is the face saving, self protection-based culture which is clearly endemic within the leadership of the club. Organisations all have times of stress and challenge and success is often defined by how you lead through them. What’s pretty much a matter of fact is we’ve been brought to our knees financially by a number of terrible decisions, in player acquisition, salary and contract extension, maybe through complacency, maybe incompetence, likely a mixture. Not helped by some very bad decisions impacting supporters. So come out and acknowledge it. Own the mistakes, tell the fans you are deeply sorry and accountable for the failings. Change some of the people involved. Admit that in order to make sure that there’s no threat of punitive action by EPL and EFL in future this 12 months is going to be brutal. We won’t be able to give the manager the squad depth they probably need. Take responsibility for that but then make some inroads to repairing the fractured relationship with supporters. Not warm lager twice a year, but meaningful initiatives to get new supporters in and reward loyalty of others - not £10 for a piss poor friendly. Come out and call out that we need a siege mentality, we need to make things horrible for opposition teams, direct complaints and frustrations at the ownership and the directors not at the manager of players. Again, own the failure. 

We get none of this from Rudkin, Whelan or Top, just free tickets for influencers and a social media strategy up there with the worst I’ve ever seen. No wonder people are completely deflated 

• Like 2

We just didn’t get the clear out we needed when we went down. It was artificial and nothing changed. 

We got incredibly lucky with maresca in my opinion and footballing success has just enabled us. Things won’t get better until top sells, he won’t make the decisions needed and we will keep falling to our lowest point. 

You see these things coming a mile off. Reminds me of sunderland in many ways, the issues are so very obvious but the club do nothing to try to fix them. 

Took me until around March in the relegation season until I just couldn’t be arsed to go to games anymore

Be surprised if I make it to Christmas this season at this rate with how everything around the club is going this summer

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People who claim they don't care, bur care enough to tell people on a forum.....

Odd....

Because you can enjoy chatting shit on a forum and yet watch a match dispassionately - or not even bother watching the match.

Hope that helps.

mister-gotcha-4-9faefa-1.jpg.c36484e5d2a1857cb8df28067bb9ef25.jpg

• Haha 4