Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

The dawn of a new season is suppose to bring a sense of excitement, particularly for promoted teams. I just feel a sense of dread. The fact our opening game is on a Monday doesn't help matters either. 

I'm not entitled. I don't expect us to stay up. I don't expect a certain style of football. I will give Cooper a chance. I will cheer the team on every game but what is going on off the pitch is disgusting. Its making me fall out of love with football. 

Where is the communication between the club and fans? 2 years ago we clearly had financial problems. If that had been communicated to the fans, we'd have rallied round. Who knows what could have happened. Instead we had a half arsed Rodgers managing us, after clear broken promises from the club. 

We enter this season in a similar vain albeit with a much much worse squad. Our only hope this season is embracing an under dog status. We clearly can't rely upon the club to help us. 

• Like 2

There is a lot of hysterics flying around, but to be honest, I understand it. Normally I would be disappointed I couldn’t make the first game of the season, but this time around I’m not fussed I’m working until 8pm! There are serious concerns with what is going on at the club, on all fronts:

- The lack of communication and treatment of supporters. Being searched going into your home stadium, the ludicrous £25 charge on season cards, and no explanation of the financial picture, and what came from the ‘relegation review’. 

- The apparent lack of a recruitment strategy. The squad that snuck over the line at the end of the season, is significantly weaker in quality and depth. Why did we prioritise an untested centre half when we had many on the books, when the weakest part of the squad is midfield? Why have we deviated from the model that made us successful, bringing in up and coming talent, with strong potential and with future well on in mind, to a ‘model’ of ‘experienced’ players on high wages, with little resale value, allowing us to invest in the squad going forward. 

It is easy to see why people are worried, angry and even apathetic. The ten years of success that the hierarchy can certainly point to, they have conspired to unravel in the past couple of years. We’ve all enjoyed the unbelievable rollercoaster that has been the last 14yrs, and it is hard to come back down to earth with a bump. However, we should never have left ourselves in a position where one bad season could cripple us. Pushing the wage bill to the limit, and inaction from the top when it was clear to see the ship was heading for the iceberg, have in all likelihood put the kibosh on becoming an established top flight club again, in addition to PSR.

This is my team, it always will be, but right now it is a real struggle to be positive about it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone protesting against Rudkin on Monday? 

I bloody hope so.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Top will just shake his head ….

Or storm off and cancel the free beers.

The luck is running out. The excellent work getting a very good squad together over a decade has gone. Two years ago they had a squad strong enough to survive if they sacked the failing manager with enough time to find a suitable replacement. They failed spectacularly.

Last season we had a one-off, top set of players in the Championship. It won't happen again. We are likely to need a lot more points than 18th with a squad weaker than last season.

I think we are set for a mediocre spell outside the top flight after this year. Grim.

we're all speculating there is no plan, no care and incompetance, but maybe the clubs hands are tied. A point was made on the BSLB by one of the guests that the club hasn't been transparent, but at this stage it really can't say anything for fear of being held hostage if we make offers late window. We may have a limited budget and need to come in last minute, perhaps we have no choice but to have a go but accept if we go down, we go down, but to keep within PSR and build slowly, or it could just be Tops lost interest, and the club with Rudders is rudderless.

dont get me wrong, I love support my club, the players on the pitch the manager, but off the field, my word some of them frankly are lucky to be in a job, any other field of work theyd have been sacked by now

with Ipswich, Southampton and other around us strengthening their squad, while we cant get a transfer over the line, the fans voices are ignored(the fan engagement stuff is only there cos they have too)

dont get me wrong, the staff working the shop, ticket office, cleaners etc, they all do amazing work there, but they are being let down by the ones in the higher positions within the club 

if any leicester isnt annoyed, pissed off or deflated by this pre-season, Ill have whatever you are smoking please

Edited by FrankieADZ

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

we're all speculating there is no plan, no care and incompetance, but maybe the clubs hands are tied. A point was made on the BSLB by one of the guests that the club hasn't been transparent, but at this stage it really can't say anything for fear of being held hostage if we make offers late window. We may have a limited budget and need to come in last minute, perhaps we have no choice but to have a go but accept if we go down, we go down, but to keep within PSR and build slowly, or it could just be Tops lost interest, and the club with Rudders is rudderless.

And being deathly silent makes others think we are in a strong position:brendan:

There needs to be protests. There needs to be a spoilt child statement from Top afterwards. This is over now. We as a fan base need to hound them out. They’ve given Bobby Bastard Deco ****ing Something **** Reid as our main signing and then had Conor Coady pretend he wasn’t a past it, predominantly championship player but a world class left winger. We are mugs if we don’t hound Top and co out now. 

• Like 1