Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Deflated is a massive understatement. Never felt so flat about a start to a new season.

Things that are completely wrong with our club at the moment:

• Player recruitment - What on earth is happening? - Complete shambles. Absolute Joke!
  • Ticket prices - Completely out of touch with the fan base.
  • Paying to watch the pre season matches was a terrible idea for everyone involved
  • The stadium - Again, what is happening? - No news on safe standing (getting left behind), no news on the expansion, no connection to the fans as to implementing the changes we've requested.
  • Seeing all our rivals moving forward positively on all the above aspects, and seeing the state we are in, seriously losing 'the faith', as are all my City supporting fans and mates.

Exactly this!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Re-signing Vestergaard and Ndidi was the realisation for me that nothing has changed within the club, why would it I suppose if the decision makers remain the same! I expect very little from the season.

PSR wise we're skint they were free transfers showing a trues reflection of where we are stuck.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

PSR wise we're skint they were free transfers showing a trues reflection of where we are stuck.

why did we splash 15m on a CB then ?

We just lost a key midfielder and player probably one of the most important and replaced him with a CB 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

why did we splash 15m on a CB then ?

We just lost a key midfielder and player probably one of the most important and replaced him with a CB 

May be an Enzo request that couldn't be terminated.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I'd rather we had just played Nelson and developed him, he looked quality last season.. although under different staff.

He has great potential but is too young for us to pin all our hopes on him. I don’t believe any of our other CBs are anywhere near the quality we need this season.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People who claim they don't care, bur care enough to tell people on a forum.....

Odd....

It's bit like the posters on here who get very preachy in their defence of the club but don't go games. 

I am pi**ed with this club and its business because ultimately the failure of it affects the city, its economy and its people. Seeing something which not only gave immense pride but gave the city almighty financial boost every two to three weeks become such a shadow of its self. 

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

Totally agree. Nothing wrong with free signings in our situation. I just expected us to show a bit more imagination than signing two that were under our noses that clearly no other club had offered a decent deal to. We've learnt nothing from being stuck with un-transferable players for years on end, the cycle continues.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Eleven weeks have passed since we lost Enzo.

I was deflated then, naively it seems I’d been looking forward to signing new Premier League quality players.

The club has seriously lost its way. There is no leadership / dynamism / action of any sort any more.

We haven’t signed a single player that improves our squad in 11 weeks, and have sold our best player.

Deflation is now becoming anger.

I feel you completely but to be honest I was here about two years ago.

When they let Rodgers do what he did and took no measure to stop it I knew the only answer was we were run by absolute idiots.

But what's really deflated me and frankly trapped me is just how accepting of this dire situation our fans are. Save for this place, which gets blasted as toxic but in fairness everything should be toxic while this disgusting running of the club is taking place. This place and Twitter, largely depressing to read, but at least two places that you're actually seeing the issues being correctly pointed out.

I see our fans elsewhere online praising the owners, STILL (in 2024!!!) claiming we're lucky to have this. They aren't just against this running of the club, they actively support it.

Maybe this is what people meant with the whole point about returning to a natural level. It doesn't have to be like this, but what are the fans going to do about it?

We're appallingly run at every single level. A mess on the pitch, a mess off it.

We're so lucky though. **** sake.

• Like 2

The only thing that makes this worse is that Forest will likely kick on from here and grown in strength and stature, and we’re set to be left well behind. 

I dread to think how this season will turn out, but the funny thing is, I don’t give a shit, I’ve totally lost any connection with the club….. were a ****ing sad state of affairs. Problem is, there’s a large majority who will carry on willingly handing over money, and nothing will change because the large majority of the fan base probably still think king power are incredible and the board can to no wrong. 

• Like 1

I’m one of the biggest pessimists there is but not even I thought we could be so inept  that in the week after our manager publically pleads for help and a striker is potentially long term injured we’ve not managed to do any business at all ahead of the start of the season given they’ve had since late April to work out where they need to strengthen. Utterly beyond belief. Useless.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest it’s a ****ing shambles… I try to stay as positive as possible but I’ve never had the optimism drained out of me as quickly as this preseason . I thought we’d have a fighting chance if we showed the form we did at the end of last season but based on pre-season and the lack of any credible quality being added to the squad this summer I’m dreading a hiding week on week.

I get the anger and frustration but would it be better to see where we're at in 5 or 6 games? Is it a bit premature to have the knives out already? It's impossible to undo the past. Get behind the team, make it hard for the opposition. We could well have a bad start but a bit of positivity may reduce the chances of a poor start.  

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

It's bit like the posters on here who get very preachy in their defence of the club but don't go games. 

Not something I get overly bothered about as I know people aren't always able to afford or able to get season tickets of away tickets.

I'm know I'm fortune to be able to follow the club home and away.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I am pi**ed with this club and its business because ultimately the failure of it affects the city, its economy and its people. Seeing something which not only gave immense pride but gave the city almighty financial boost every two to three weeks become such a shadow of its self. 

I'd imagine there hasn't had a massive impact with the recent changes in the clubs fortunes.

However I could see how that would probably change if we were in a lower league for a sustained period.

Edited by coolhandfox

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The only thing that makes this worse is that Forest will likely kick on from here and grown in strength and stature, and we’re set to be left well behind. 

I dread to think how this season will turn out, but the funny thing is, I don’t give a shit, I’ve totally lost any connection with the club….. were a ****ing sad state of affairs. Problem is, there’s a large majority who will carry on willingly handing over money, and nothing will change because the large majority of the fan base probably still think king power are incredible and the board can to no wrong. 

Not convinced to be fair, think they will struggle again.

We're in very real danger of becoming what Derby are, or what we were 15/16 years ago 

I'm that deflated with the club I didn't renew my season ticket, a ticket I'd held for 30 years. I've had the offer of a ticket on Monday, really can't be bothered with it 

There's just something wrong with us and has been heading this way for far too long. I considered giving up my ticket last year, but didn't. Enzo's style didn't help matters but could be forgiven. 

Add everything up though, the 25 quid charge, the extortionate prices of tickets for non season ticket holders, the announcement of the stadium plans followed by complete silence for 3 years, the transfer strategy, PSR breaches (not that I agree with PSR) and the feeling of a complete disconnect between the club and the fans - all just not worth it anymore 

• Like 1