Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

Deflated is mild in my opinion. I'd resigned myself to relegation weeks ago, but with recent events off the field.. ie not bringing in any quality and looking so disjointed in pre season.. this is going to be one horror season. Records could go with our defence.

There's just no ambition at all, even if we are stumped for cash it's embarrassing what we're doing. 

Personally I think the club no needs to know our position and give minutes to the youth ready for next season.

On a brighter note, I have a feeling the white kit coming out tomorrow's going to be spot on at least.. probably going to be a season highlight😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We're in very real danger of becoming what Derby are, or what we were 15/16 years ago 

I'm that deflated with the club I didn't renew my season ticket, a ticket I'd held for 30 years. I've had the offer of a ticket on Monday, really can't be bothered with it 

There's just something wrong with us and has been heading this way for far too long. I considered giving up my ticket last year, but didn't. Enzo's style didn't help matters but could be forgiven. 

Add everything up though, the 25 quid charge, the extortionate prices of tickets for non season ticket holders, the announcement of the stadium plans followed by complete silence for 3 years, the transfer strategy, PSR breaches (not that I agree with PSR) and the feeling of a complete disconnect between the club and the fans - all just not worth it anymore 

That’s actually really sad to read. I wonder how many other long term season ticket holders didn’t renew. 

Imagine someone telling you years ago that after promotion to the PL you’d be so disillusioned that you’d not renew - you’d never believe it

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There needs to be protests. There needs to be a spoilt child statement from Top afterwards. This is over now. We as a fan base need to hound them out. They’ve given Bobby Bastard Deco ****ing Something **** Reid as our main signing and then had Conor Coady pretend he wasn’t a past it, predominantly championship player but a world class left winger. We are mugs if we don’t hound Top and co out now. 

There certainly needs to be protests / sack the board chants.

I’d love to see that happening from the first minute of the season - we literally have nothing to lose

£72 for a home ticket, charging fans £25 for a physical season ticket, £10 to watch pre season games, barely any signings, PSR breach, sold arguably our best player to stop another points deduction, club has zero direction (going from Enzoball to Cooper?), can never get signings across the line, Top with his bizarre rant statement at the fans, lack of communication to the fans about anything, no stadium expansion, God I could go on. 

• Like 3

Deflated isn't even the word. 

I just can't believe we've sleep-walked into an new PL season with a points deduction hanging over our head and financial problems due to nothing less than neglect by those in charge and to make things worse, somehow we have a team worse than the one we had last season in the championship whilst the powers that be milk every last bit of cash from the punters in increased ticket prices. 

I hate that I care so much because half the people in charge certainly don't and the othe half couldn't find their arse with both hands. 

The best we can do for the rest of this season is to play the kids. Give them a season in the PL with no expectations to either get ready for the championship next season or increase their asking price to sell. 

Again, deflated isn't the word. I feel betrayed more than anything. 

• Like 3

This is the first season in a while I really not up for. The club is being ran I to the ground. We have a weaker squad than last season and when we were relegated, lessons haven't been learnt, promises broken and a complete lack of ability to get anything done to help the team survive. Appointment of a manager who was not first choice and I don't think is good enough. 

It's so frustrating and disheartening. Spurs game is going to be a right blood bath. We have e no direction, identity, belief. Even the players in preseason look frustrated, which isn't a good start!!

This season is going to be the pits and we'll be the whipping boys of the premier league. No player will come in Jan.

I've lost faith in how the club is ran. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

The situation is much worse than I thought it would be. I knew Cooper was a massive downgrade on Enzo, and that we would have to sell KDH. But I thought we'd at least sign a few decent players to give ourselves some hope. As it is, however, getting promotion has been pointless. We are totally unprepared and I have no enthusiasm for the season at all. In fact, even though it's the first home game after promotion, I've sold mine and my boys' season tickets for Monday through the resale platform. Just can't face the long drive home and getting home after midnight after seeing us get thumped. My worry is that it's going to get even worse before it gets better. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

Its been a rough a few months for all us, the points deduction, Enzo leaving, KDH leaving, hardly any players coming in etc... But come Monday night 7.59pm we'll all still get that buzzing, nervous, excited feeling that makes us come back every season!

I will be singing my heart out for the lads and Cooper no doubt, WE'RE LEICESTER CITY! :frantics:

• Like 2

Massively deflated. Our complete inability to get signings across the line, the recruitment of a seemingly average at best manager, crippling financial breaches, an out of touch board, a seriously underpowered squad. 

Arguably a freak accident that killed the the best chairman we could ever hope for, killed his dreams aswell. The success we would have continued to have with Vichai died with him that day. Top has tried to keep his fathers legacy going but ultimately this was nothing more than a side project that he felt he had to continue.

I think we all know deep down, the season is a going to be nothing short of a disgrace.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

That’s actually really sad to read. I wonder how many other long term season ticket holders didn’t renew. 

Imagine someone telling you years ago that after promotion to the PL you’d be so disillusioned that you’d not renew - you’d never believe it

Yet it's how I feel too. I did renew but purely on the basis that I've been going for so long, experience told me that owners and managers both come and go but your team team remains. I also realised that once I let our season tickets go, there's little chance of getting them back. 

However, as the first game of the season draws close I'm doubting my judgement. For all the reasons of the other chap you commented about, I can hardly muster the energy to go. I'm getting to the point that I couldn't care less. I get more joy and entertainment watching my son play grassroots football. The whole overhyping of the Premiership, the match day experience and all the issues at our club have left me cold I'm afraid. Unless I see some fight and togetherness this year I think it will be our last. 

It's not about losing or even relegation, we been through that time and again, that's part of being a Leicester City supporter, you just roll with the punches. It's the feeling of disconnection with the club itself, I don't think the supporters are much to do with it anymore, it's not personal, just another business. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

£72 for a home ticket, charging fans £25 for a physical season ticket, £10 to watch pre season games, barely any signings, PSR breach, sold arguably our best player to stop another points deduction, club has zero direction (going from Enzoball to Cooper?), can never get signings across the line, Top with his bizarre rant statement at the fans, lack of communication to the fans about anything, no stadium expansion, God I could go on. 

Please do 

It looks to me like we are happy to take the Prem money and go back down, hopefully with the intention of resetting and playing our promising youngsters along with ambitious signings with potential high sell on fees.  It is the only way I can explain what is going on.

I will watch the first game of the season but I fear for the worst.  If we are just going through the motions then that is probably what I will do.  Watch the odd game and wait until next summer before getting excited (hopefully) for the new season ahead.

Everything feels off about the club at the moment and we are weaker than last season which is ridiculous really.  Time for changes everywhere at the club but we have been saying this for the last few seasons and nothing changes, even with some of the terrible decisions made both with the football side and the non playing side.

• Like 1

We're literally going into a Premier League season with our fingers 🤞🏼 crossed. None of us have anything to hang our hat on re hope but that's all we got because anyone with any expectation needs to explain to me their reasonings. I can't see anything to expect other than failure but would love to hear someone who feels different and on what basis.

Edited by tickler28

Obviously I'm pretty glum as things stand, because it looks like the board has lost interest.

Bringing Cooper in is neither here nor there for me. We could have made worse appointments, and while he's clearly struggling to make things work, I think going overboard with criticism will only deflect from the real issues. I also believe that most bosses would find our current predicament borderline unmanageable.

Yes, the sidelining of Ricardo may seem odd, but it might also be justifiable. Ricardo is a bright guy, and if he's feeling disillusioned then he'd perhaps be better off sitting things out. Equally, the manager might consider that sides have sussed the inverted full back role, and Ricardo isn't well-suited to a more conventional RB role, or CM role, at this level. I suspect we'll see a few other eyebrow-raising decisions made, but which are mostly consequences of (a) poor investment and (b) unrest in the dressing room. It'd be madness to turn on the boss before Top was held to account.

Personally the deflation began for me back in January when we heard about the FFP problems. I thought it'd be better to either take any deduction as soon as possible, while we could have made use of our huge points advantage over 3rd, or simply stayed down and got our house in order instead of kicking the problem a few months down the line.

On the other hand, I appreciate that some felt promotion to be a necessity if we wanted to balance the books for the future. In which case I'd have liked to see us no longer scraping the bottom of the barrel for experienced players.

Quite often, if they come cheap it's because nobody else wants them, and given that there are loads of players at PL level who aren't truly good enough, it's a strategy which rarely pays off. I actually thought that our focus on bringing in players under BR in the 15-25m price bracket often meant we were picking up the leftover fish from the big pond, rather than potential gems in the smaller one.

The Golding signing made me wonder if we were going to try to bring in 6-7 players from PL academies and lower leagues as a means of building for what comes next. Much like we did under Pearson, and perhaps should have done to a greater extent under Enzo. If you coupled that with an honest admission from the board that it was going to be a tough year, that mistakes had been made and learnt from, and we had to see the longer-term picture, then I'd have at least been enthusiastic that we were seeing the first steps towards a brighter future.

Hopefully the next few days will give more cause for optimism.

• Like 1

I feel even more deflated after seeing how much we are paying for Skipp, no disrespect to the lad but he isnt worth that for someone whos what, 4th choice at Spurs

the club truly are a massive farce now; I can honestly say I've never felt so uninterested in watching us play in all my life, i thought after the season we went down from the prem(couple of yrs ago) there was going to be a review within the club, its pretty obvious that didnt happen

all respect to top etc, i think we need change at DoF and CEO levels, and even ownership