Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

5 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Just getting tired of being the feeder team for Chelsea, we take the risks and gambles and they come along if they pay off

No more a feeder club than Brighton has been. Chelsea buy from everywhere. 

To be honest, they key for us moving forward is to monitise this as much as possible. 

17 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

Yeah a little. More so not knowing what we can expect next season on all fronts.

More worried as to what effect it will have on the players as surely this would deflate them more than the fans.

next appointment has to be carefully picked imo.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

That’s the other side to the coin, let’s hope it lands that way!! 

When we ignored Enzo and did things to suit the players we hammered Saints.

Square pegs and all that…

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm still looking forward to next season. Just need to get the appointment right, the talk of Potter pleases me.

Enzo wasn't this great genius who built us up then got us promoted after years; I was much more deflated when Pearson left.

In the unlikely event we get Potter, we will have hit the bloody jackpot. I’d exchange Enzo for Potter in a heartbeat.

16 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Just getting tired of being the feeder team for Chelsea, we take the risks and gambles and they come along if they pay off

Can't agree that Chelsea are profiting at all, they are fairly unsuccessful considering the outlay and are again taking a huge gamble on Enzo.

Potter was a more rounded manager than Enzo and put together they haven't had Poch's touch and ability. Chelsea pay over the odds for mid table finishes 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It's why I find it hard to give a **** about football these days. We won the PL, playing in Europe, FA cup win and look at us now. ****ed.

Look at Brighton, they were actually getting somewhere then had their team picked apart just like us.

What's the point of it all? If we go on to to do anything again, Chelsea etc will just rob our players and staff if they can't beat us on the pitch. Watch them do the same to Villa.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 4

Not at all - expected nothing more than a mountain to climb next season to stay up and Enzo's stubbornness to change his system would have been a massive risk when we're up against it so employing a manager with a more flexible/pragmatic approach improves our chances in my opinion.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dames said:

We were never going to be able to sign the players the manager wanted to implement his plan. The board have left us in such a mess that we have to sell before we can buy and we will prioritise getting back to what we had before strengthening. 

Also I dont know why people are having a meltdown about the manager leaving, if it wasn’t for other teams screwing up at the finish we would have very likely bottled a 17pt lead. When things looked bad last season it was very very Rodgersesque and that was in the League below.

I liked Enzo but his flaws were exposed badly in the second half of the season and make no mistake with the squad, position and resources at our disposal we limped over the finish line, a few good results cant paper over that fact. 

For me, I agree with a lot of this.

Similar to Rodgers.

When it was good, it was great

When it was bad, it was awful.

You take runs, even seasons with Rodgers and it looks brilliant in a snapshot of time. 

I do believe though that playing that brand of football, without the right players could / would have left us getting beat more often than not. 

Deflated?  Not one bit. Enzoball would have seen us relegated and him sacked. He has made a good decision for his career. We are getting some much needed money in from the compensation and we may get a manager who can keep us up. All ifs and buts really. Exciting times. 

• Like 3

We are in a huge mess in comparison to last time we won promotion. Talk about taking 5 step forwards and 10 steps back. How nobody has lost their job for causing this mess is a mystery.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

Yes but surprisingly not because we lost Enzo. More because we have not even finished the promotion season yet we have been plundered by those that can.

Any ability to build, to grow organically is stopped at the earliest opportunity, and worse, its makes no real sense. Its just a punt for Chelsea, but for a promoted team, its potentially damaging, as Ipswich losing McKenna also would have been.

But, come on %s lets show these buggers how we fight!!!

• Like 3

Not deflated but a little disappointed.

However, it's still a while to the start of season, we have time, and Leicester are still an attractive club and we'll hopefully have some decent people interested.

Mixed emotions about Maresca - I think he did well last season but we could have easily failed to get promoted had the players not intervened in the final few games. Wish him well but move on.

Enzo talks a great game and looks the part, but no really knows his ceiling.

Some of our best times have came from situations that have been bleak.

O'Neill following Mcgee leaving for Wolves

Pearson following relegation to league 1

Ranieri following Pearson leaving post sex scandal.

The most dangerous fox is a cornered fox.

No, It's the Leicester rollercoaster. 

Whoever comes in could be great, could be carp - it's the Leicester way. 

I'm bored already and looking forward to the pre season games - I'm hoping it's going to be the break through season for 2 / 3 of the youngsters - would be great to finally see Seagrave paying it's way  

Also it'll be good to get the Sword of Damocles finally resolved. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Enzo specifically leaving doesn't bother me so much. He wasn't here long enough to get attached and whilst I think he was exactly the right manager to get us promoted, some of the observations that his tactical stubbornness might not help a relegation scrapping team aren't unwarranted. He's probably better suited to Chelsea in the Prem than us. 

What's deflating is looking at Enzo and his fallout here as a symptom and not an isolated incident. Ipswich have convinced their manager to stay, got him a contract extension, are going in to a third consecutive year of growth and stability. 

We're looking for our fourth manager in 18 months because the one that got us promoted couldn't get to the door fast enough having had his friends in the media relay his discontent that the club has major problems behind the scenes, is in financial difficulties and hid these things from him. 

What's deflating is knowing we've got to go back to the drawing board and roll the dice again on managerial recruitment and because we don't have a competent sporting director, the philosophy and system of the team could well end up being reset yet again and we could end up being back to square one on squad building with something as simple as a new manager wanting full backs. 

What's deflating is that for the last five or six years, any time we've got transfer business to do we've gotten on with it immediately and wrapped it up ASAP and this year we have radio silence besides the odd link to a free transfer or a £3m youngster. All of the signs are pointing towards an extremely conservative summer and a very difficult upcoming season desperately trying to consolidate and what's most deflating of all is that Enzo is leaving to go to a painfully, absurdly volatile situation where there's an extremely high chance he'll be unemployed again before Christmas and it'll have just been a waste. 

Fantastic post :appl:

• Thanks 1