Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

30 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Seen a tweet claiming Enzo wants to drag it out and not decide quickly, thats bad for both us and Chelsea.

Who from?  Probably a Chelsea Tactic to get him on the cheap.  

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think the relegation season and how poorly the club is run has a knock on effect. I think at times it is hard to get excited because you are waiting for that next element of bad news to come with regards to how the club has been ran. Plus with the awful lack of communication, it is hard to get excited as we do not know what type of summer we are looking at financially. Top that off with small things such as £25 for a season ticket and it all slowly builds up. Personally, that is why I am sad to see Enzo go because whether people like it or not he gave us some much needed happiness as of late.

Good post my friend, and pretty much where I am.

But with regards to Enzo going, I'm not fussed if I'm honest.

Yes in the season with us he's done what he's paid handsomely for, and got up promoted and steaded the ship, but I won't miss EnzoBall in any shape or form ( let's hope Top still isn't glamoured by possession football as a requirement with any new appointment...well I can live in hope)  or his stubbornness, or lack of Plan B.

I'll revisit where I am on the "Deflated Barometer' once we know our points deduction fate and who replaces Enzo if he goes. 

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Don't forget John Percy is a red scum fan so I wouldn't hold too much weight with what he says 

Just let people believe what they want…. Ultimately the rules are rules, and the maximum amount of deductible points is 10, this is for going to administration, which we haven’t…. So unless they change the procedure especially for us, we won’t be getting a 15 point deduction. 

If they try, they will fail. 

• Like 1

In regards to Maresca no. His style of play requires a certain calibre of player, espically in the prem. with our shoe string budget we wouldn’t bring in the players and depth capable of playing his style against prem opposition of equal or superior quality unlike the champ. 

bring in a pragmatic manager, our best chance to see out a very hard season.

it’s hard not to be deflated, but we have just as good a chance of staying up as we do going down. Need the fans more than ever this coming season. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I’m just delighted Vestergaard hasn’t signed a deal yet, cause it would be very lcfc that he signs a 3 year deal then the new manager doesn’t play or rate him 😂😂

You will be disappointed i'm afraid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

Yes, 40,000 Chelsea fans

• Haha 2

Everyone has such a pathetic attitude. We aren't broke, the rules are shit,  the points deduction can be overcome if we do what Everton did and do and just ignore FFP. You comply like Sheffield United, sell your best players, you will be relegated, pretty simple really.

Our Squad is better than the 3 relegated teams last year already and Forest only got 32 points, Brentford only 39, a lot of years they are in the mix. I think West Ham will be crap next year, possibly Brighton.

• Like 2

Can't say I'm deflated. I think the underlying feeling was that he wouldn't be here too long, from his comments regarding the fans, to seemingly not being informed about the financial situation we find ourselves in. Yes he did a job last season, but £8-10m in the bank, his staff going with him, a month to go until we're back in, it's as close to a dream scenario as you can get when you lose a manager. The only thing that concerns me is the club continues to be in this phase of transition, Maresca was at least a contribution towards some stability, but we've been forced to twist so lets see what comes next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Good post my friend, and pretty much where I am.

But with regards to Enzo going, I'm not fussed if I'm honest.

Yes in the season with us he's done what he's paid handsomely for, and got up promoted and steaded the ship, but I won't miss EnzoBall in any shape or form ( let's hope Top still isn't glamoured by possession football as a requirement with any new appointment...well I can live in hope)  or his stubbornness, or lack of Plan B.

I'll revisit where I am on the "Deflated Barometer' once we know our points deduction fate and who replaces Enzo if he goes. 

Agree with you on this, but it would be a mistake to sign a manager who is a radical departure from how the squad is used to playing. We'll also have been tracking signings to play possession football for the last 12 months, so if we sign someone with a very different style all that work goes in the bin. They need to find someone who is different but not radically different. If they sign Moyes it would signal to me that the top brass really have no clue how to run a club. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Everyone has such a pathetic attitude. We aren't broke, the rules are shit,  the points deduction can be overcome if we do what Everton did and do and just ignore FFP. You comply like Sheffield United, sell your best players, you will be relegated, pretty simple really.

Our Squad is better than the 3 relegated teams last year already and Forest only got 32 points, Brentford only 39, a lot of years they are in the mix. I think West Ham will be crap next year, possibly Brighton.

Yes, it did the likes of Sheffield United no favours at all the FFP compliance, re selling their best players after promotion before a ball was even kicked!

Some of the teams 'punching' in the past two seasons - your Brentfords, Brightons, Wolves and so on could nose dive a bit next season and be in trouble and/or stagnate and then go downhill as the season progresses. Next season might not be as bad as most seem to be fearing on here and I can't see Southampton or Ipswich bettering us next season at this stage, even if we do start with a -4 points deduction or whatever like Forest had = one win and a draw! Some of it obviously hinges on whomever we bring in to replace Enzo too, if not all. I think the new safety/survival target will stay at just above the 30 mark now, whreas in days gone by it was generally late 30s of course since the three points for a win was introduced in 1981-82 season.

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve just been promoted, we should be looking forward to next season with excitement, anticipating the signing of the players to fully implement Enzo’s football and plan.

Now we’re starting again looking for a new manager.

Anyone else completely deflated?? 

Not at all. I would normally be disappointed if our manager left for a bigger club but I'm a bit meh with Maresca. There are plenty of decent managers out there we could get in that would be more suited to our situation next season. With our likely points deduction, little to spend on new signings, Enzo ball would have seen us exactly like Burnley and he's already shown that he won't adapt or change his style. We may still go down next season but I want us to have a manager that will get the players fighting and scrapping for their lives, not a manager that will stick to his tactics even if we get absolutely slapped most weeks. 

We're part way in to what was always going to be a painful bit of dentistry, getting out of that hole of a league was essential, parade day was all well and good and some contracts ending has helped but there are more mountains ahead, it's going to take grit, determination, a good foothold and a bit of luck to navigate a way through. Last season there were divisions in the stands with some unity right at the end, we're going to need unity, patience and understanding from day one as every point will matter. That spirit vs WBA at home where we hung on by our fingertips (and Hamza's hair) will be needed every game.  It's a strange feeling, not deflated, determined to get on with a tough dirty  job but finding your tools are being nicked just when you're about to crack on with it!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flynny said:

Agree with you on this, but it would be a mistake to sign a manager who is a radical departure from how the squad is used to playing. We'll also have been tracking signings to play possession football for the last 12 months, so if we sign someone with a very different style all that work goes in the bin. They need to find someone who is different but not radically different. If they sign Moyes it would signal to me that the top brass really have no clue how to run a club. 

Aaar. On this one I don't necessarily agree..

Professional players (well I'd like to hope the ones on our books and the ones that hang around come June) are an adaptable bunch,  hi lighted last season by picking up Enzo's idea of possession based football ( not the poisoned leprechaun's bast**dized version) quite quickly and by the same token at some points reverting to a more direct "counterattack" esq style as a cameo appearance in some matches (and IMO looked better when we did)

We are potentially going to have to replace a number players pre-season for a number of reasons, and as long as the clowns running the club can address the manager situation ASAP it should be enough time for the new gaffer along with new players and existing to adapt to a new style if needed.

And I still maintain the players still under contract who manage to miss the cull to satisfy or soften the PSR gap, along with new acquisitions will perform better if we move away from a possession based system. (See point above)

I’m actually not deflated. The money for enzo and his staff and avoiding what was likely a sizeable wage hike on promotion for enzo, may well mean we can keep hold of someone like kdh. 

it all comes down to whether or not we make a sensible appointment. Deflation will enter if we end up linked with people like marsch, smith and parker again 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

10 points is the maximum it can be………… and that’s for administration, how many times does this need to be said? 

Thanks for the post, Although I'm just reporting what I had read, hopefully you're right  :thumbup:

PS: Let's hope Our New Guy has a fighting chance. 

42 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Thanks for the post, Although I'm just reporting what I had read, hopefully you're right  :thumbup:

PS: Let's hope Our New Guy has a fighting chance. 

It can’t be any more than 9, because above that’s punishment for entering administration, they will likely try like they did with Everton, but they will fail….. it will be a max of 8, but I can see it being 6 in the end post arguments. 

• Like 1