Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Now he's gone, does this mean people will stop using the phrase 'Plan B'.?

Seems to have been replaced by "pragmatic" as the euphemism people are using for "get it launched"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deflated is the wrong word for me. Uncertain probably fits. 

I just want to know where we stand on everything, if Enzo goes then so be it, but hopefully sooner rather than later, so we can appoint a replacement as soon as possible, and give them a full preseason.

does anyone have any idea about when we will know what the points deduction is? I just hope it doesn’t drag on until the start of the season. Finding out before the season starts would be ideal, but knowing the premier league and how they have handles this subject previously, I expect it will rumble on until Christmas. Starting on -6 or whatever it is, is far better than having points taken away, and may even galvanize the team for the start of the season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

But, in a fresh development, the Telegraph has revealed that Leicester are in line for a punishment that could even exceed the Toffees, as they have claimed they are in line for ‘anything between six and 15 points’ to be taken.

If it was 15 surely they'd be making the rules and punishments up as they went along? Oh yes, that's what they do don't they. What a shambles. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

There’s always positives, you just have to be open to seeing them.

We had a manager who was unhappy with our quick ball forward counter attacking goals. He would have rather us not scored. That would have been a sure fire way to get us relegated.

Next season needs to be about being effective and versatile, not style. With the quality of our squad and reluctance to always play one way next season would have been awful as a fan, and we’d have likely been more frustrated with the manager and state of play than any other manager since Ranieri.

I honestly think Enzo leaving is the best for all parties. He didn’t want to be here anymore, openly criticised the fans and the board. We will pocket 8-10m which we definitely need right now, and we get the chance to bring in someone more effective in surviving the drop.

If we hire someone that is open to counter attacking football, our wingers are going to be unreal!

Edited by dooflip
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

Deflated? No. I’m glad he’s going and here’s why.

1) I am sick of this Man City obsession. 

Yes, the style works for them because they are loaded and can buy the best talent available. Every other team is just a cheap imitation. Please can we adopt our own style and stop being another sheep. There are other ways to play football.

2) Enzo’s obsession with Pep is a bit creepy!

Copying his philosophy is one thing, but trying to look like him too! Would it be a surprise if he had a small photo of Pep in his wallet? No!

3) How good is he really?

For me, I’ve never been convinced. The question in my head last season was are we doing well because of Enzo or in spite of Enzo? We were in the Championship with the most talented squad. Yes, we won many games, but apart from a few, I never felt we were that convincing. 
Come the second half of the season, other managers had found a way to play against us and Enzo wouldn’t change. We lost 10 league games last season.

4) We were always going to be a stepping stone for him.

Enzo has no loyalty to Leicester. Why would he? He saw a great chance to get a foothold in English club management by taking us back to the Premier. With the squad available to him, the odds of success were good. If it wasn’t this summer it would have been next. Despite his talk of seeing us as a project, he’s gone at the first opportunity. Actions speak louder than words.

Who next for us? Good question!

I would like us to recruit someone who puts value on building a solid and disciplined defence, which acts as a foundation for quick and decisive attacks.

Not someone who is obsessed by how much possession we have. 
The constant playing out from the back last season was hard for my heart to cope with. Yes, every team is doing it now, but does that have to be the case? 
Why don’t we be brave and do something different rather than just following the crowd. 

Great answer.

In response to your last point about bravery, just like with politics, bravery is risky and potentially extremely costly.

Hollywood is another example, a film maker can spunk a few hundred mill on a dead cert franchise movie or an actual story…. They pick the former even though nobody actually wants the lack a creativity - it’s that creativity / something different can crash.

It’s why I suspect we’ll chase Moyes until he tells us to leave him alone! 

25 minutes ago, dooflip said:

There’s always positives, you just have to be open to seeing them.

We had a manager who was unhappy with our quick ball forward counter attacking goals. He would have rather us not scored. That would have been a sure fire way to get us relegated.

Next season needs to be about being effective and versatile, not style. With the quality of our squad and reluctance to always play one way next season would have been awful as a fan, and we’d have likely been more frustrated with the manager and state of play than any other manager since Ranieri.

I honestly think Enzo leaving is the best for all parties. He didn’t want to be here anymore, openly criticised the fans and the board. We will pocket 8-10m which we definitely need right now, and we get the chance to bring in someone more effective in surviving the drop.

If we hire someone that is open to counter attacking football, our wingers are going to be unreal!

Hope so! 

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think the relegation season and how poorly the club is run has a knock on effect. I think at times it is hard to get excited because you are waiting for that next element of bad news to come with regards to how the club has been ran. Plus with the awful lack of communication, it is hard to get excited as we do not know what type of summer we are looking at financially. Top that off with small things such as £25 for a season ticket and it all slowly builds up. Personally, that is why I am sad to see Enzo go because whether people like it or not he gave us some much needed happiness as of late.

A great summary of how I also feel.

Instead of celebrating promotion we are searching for a manager, and yet I almost expected something like this to happen.

Supporting our club is like having VAR always on… you can’t feel good because there’s always a risk they’ll find a way to disallow it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Personally I think this might be for the best IF the board appoint a pragmatic manager whose sole aim is to stay up next season. Worry about fancy football once we’re back on our feet.

Enzo did a fine job last season - winning the Championship is no easy feat even though it was made to look so at times. However, I just can’t see any way his methods would have worked in the PL with the players that we are likely to have at our disposal, and his stubbornness would likely have seen us relegated rather than play to their strengths.

My only worry is whether we have sufficient expertise to be able to make a suitable appointment.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Was going to make a thread for this but will use this thread.

Do we think the club are doing what they should be doing or already done succession planning or will they wait until Enzo is confirmed gone and take a few weeks before a panic appointment?

--

On the subject at hand I do have a little bit of deflation, the question again "why us", it seems Leicester City are always picked on by the bigger clubs (I expect how easily we have sold players in past is a contributor to this), To me logically there is much more proven managers already in the EPL but it seems wont be approached. (especially Villas manager).  There is also that dount at the back of my mind would Enzo have proven me wrong.

On the flip side this could be good for us, we desperately need the 10 million and it a chance for the club to get a more suited manager.

Surely it’s a compliment that we are ‘picked on’ by the bigger clubs?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Surely it’s a compliment that we are ‘picked on’ by the bigger clubs?

To me its more we are seen as easy pickings aka vulnerable.

If you think its we somehow have better players and managers than other clubs, it would mean Villa being ripped apart right now, and the big 6 constantly poaching from each other.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

Deflated? No. I’m glad he’s going and here’s why.

1) I am sick of this Man City obsession. 

Yes, the style works for them because they are loaded and can buy the best talent available. Every other team is just a cheap imitation. Please can we adopt our own style and stop being another sheep. There are other ways to play football.

2) Enzo’s obsession with Pep is a bit creepy!

Copying his philosophy is one thing, but trying to look like him too! Would it be a surprise if he had a small photo of Pep in his wallet? No!

3) How good is he really?

For me, I’ve never been convinced. The question in my head last season was are we doing well because of Enzo or in spite of Enzo? We were in the Championship with the most talented squad. Yes, we won many games, but apart from a few, I never felt we were that convincing. 
Come the second half of the season, other managers had found a way to play against us and Enzo wouldn’t change. We lost 10 league games last season.

4) We were always going to be a stepping stone for him.

Enzo has no loyalty to Leicester. Why would he? He saw a great chance to get a foothold in English club management by taking us back to the Premier. With the squad available to him, the odds of success were good. If it wasn’t this summer it would have been next. Despite his talk of seeing us as a project, he’s gone at the first opportunity. Actions speak louder than words.

Who next for us? Good question!

I would like us to recruit someone who puts value on building a solid and disciplined defence, which acts as a foundation for quick and decisive attacks.

Not someone who is obsessed by how much possession we have. 
The constant playing out from the back last season was hard for my heart to cope with. Yes, every team is doing it now, but does that have to be the case? 
Why don’t we be brave and do something different rather than just following the crowd. 

Well said 👏 

43 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Personally I think this might be for the best IF the board appoint a pragmatic manager whose sole aim is to stay up next season. Worry about fancy football once we’re back on our feet.

Enzo did a fine job last season - winning the Championship is no easy feat even though it was made to look so at times. However, I just can’t see any way his methods would have worked in the PL with the players that we are likely to have at our disposal, and his stubbornness would likely have seen us relegated rather than play to their strengths.

My only worry is whether we have sufficient expertise to be able to make a suitable appointment.

Whenever there’s an “if” with our board I now presume we’ll go with the “but” option!! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

To me its more we are seen as easy pickings aka vulnerable.

If you think its we somehow have better players and managers than other clubs, it would mean Villa being ripped apart right now, and the big 6 constantly poaching from each other.

‘Let’s buy from Leicester. Excuse they are an easy touch, players aren’t that god mind’

Dud Man U see us as an easy touch when they signed Maguire or Chelsea when they signed Fofana?

You don’t even have a glass let alone it being half empty. 😏

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

‘Let’s buy from Leicester. Excuse they are an easy touch, players aren’t that god mind’

Dud Man U see us as an easy touch when they signed Maguire or Chelsea when they signed Fofana?

You don’t even have a glass let alone it being half empty. 😏

They got the player, being hard is refusing to sell.  Ironically something we done on squad players the manager has no interest in.

Edited by Chrysalis

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They got the player, being hard is refusing to sell.  Ironically something we done on squad players the manager has no interest in.

But it was our abandonment of our model of selling a key asset every year that has come back to bite us. I agree with what you are saying in sentiment, but we are not a rich club, quite the opposite.

I'm pretty deflated about LCFC in general really. I hit a realisation some time around August/September 2022 about Top and Rudkin that I've never been able to shake and I've seen next to nothing since it to convince me I'm wrong.

What a mess. What even is the point of next season. I can see only humiliation week after week. Which manger is going to want this job with a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over us. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

What a mess. What even is the point of next season. I can see only humiliation week after week. Which manger is going to want this job with a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over us. 

Hundreds. If not thousands. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

A very brave, ambitious and slightly foolish one! But those are the ones that can come good .

• Like 1