Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

Deflated??

21 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

What a mess. What even is the point of next season. I can see only humiliation week after week. Which manger is going to want this job with a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over us. 

IMG_2683.jpeg

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Go on the, what's our own style that no other club plays? 

There seems to be this belief today that the Man City way of playing football is the one and only way. I just don’t believe that.

Our own style should always be based around the players we have at the time and the strengths of our squad. If that means low possession and counter attacking then fine. Equally, if it means kicking the ball out for a throw instead of playing a hospital ball to Mads then so be it. Better that than concede a soft goal.

For me there should always be different options available to win matches, rather than just the one.

I just think too much importance is placed on a philosophy these days. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, surrifox said:

Deflated at the prospect of getting to Christmas /New Year still on negative points :(

I'll send round the razor blades...

Seriously though I think we'll be OK with the right manager. Chin up. We're all in it together. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Not deflated, more excited, as genuine long standing City fans will know we are never boring (ignore last season) we are generally always fighting promotion or relegation. A points deduction, lack of signings due to no money, and  having a new manager will galvanise us. So what if we are the bookies favourites to go down, offer me 5000/1 to stay up and I would take that

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Deflated, but also defiant. And I hope Top is ****ing apoplectic enough to replace Rudkin and show some ambition off the pitch, as well as take the Premier League on in the courts.

I really hope so…. But suspect it may have the opposite effect of Top thinking “blimey, good job I didn’t get rid of Johnny, he’s got to come up with another manager, and I wouldn’t have the first clue how to do that. JR, let’s buy you a car or something, you were right about Maresca all along”!! 

1 hour ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

There seems to be this belief today that the Man City way of playing football is the one and only way. I just don’t believe that.

Our own style should always be based around the players we have at the time and the strengths of our squad. If that means low possession and counter attacking then fine. Equally, if it means kicking the ball out for a throw instead of playing a hospital ball to Mads then so be it. Better that than concede a soft goal.

For me there should always be different options available to win matches, rather than just the one.

I just think too much importance is placed on a philosophy these days. 

I do agree with this, but I also really enjoyed having a manager with a plan.

The reason him leaving feels so deflating is that I was really looking forward to signing 6/7 players identified to play the exact role he wanted them to. We played well with some square pegs in round holes, I’d allowed myself to hope for some recruitment matched to his plan.

I’d bought into the 6 years nonsense Enzo told us when joining.

We’ll never know how it turns out now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I really hope so…. But suspect it may have the opposite effect of Top thinking “blimey, good job I didn’t get rid of Johnny, he’s got to come up with another manager, and I wouldn’t have the first clue how to do that. JR, let’s buy you a car or something, you were right about Maresca all along”!! 

Even if you want to be really sympathetic about the situation - Rudkin has actually done some cracking business over the years - in December he would have been in the job for 10 years. He's achieved a lot in that time and thank you Jon, genuinely. But it's time for a change. It's time for some ambition in the boardroom. Villa went and nabbed Monchi after he'd delivered 5 Europa Leagues in 10 years and now they're in the Champions League. It's time for Top to show aggression and ambition.

• Like 1

Let’s just take a minute and imagine we get 7 points from the first 3 games…

Thats not even dreamland with all of the variables on offer at this point.

imagine we play Southampton or Ipswich at home first game of the season. Followed by everton away and then forest at home.

That happens, or something along those lines, and we are right in the mix for survival, with that belief and momentum to help with the siege mentality. The fans would be going mad every game.

Take away the specifics of fixtures and exact points as they were examples, there’s a good chance something like I’ve just mentioned could happen.

If we start well, we stay up 100%.

Don’t be deflated. Be excited, be curious. Because at the end of the day we are favourites to go down, our expectations as fans is low due to circumstance, but it’s football.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

What a mess. What even is the point of next season. I can see only humiliation week after week. Which manger is going to want this job with a transfer embargo and points deduction hanging over us. 

Well it’s something of a free hit for an ambitious manager. Do well and be a hero, or blame it the things you’ve listed.

• Like 1

Can't we just get the thai government involved and threaten to ban British tourists? The amount of old dirty barstards who would be upset at not being able to buy sex from a lady (or lady boy) complaining to their local MP....get those charges thrown out #mancitystyle

I don’t get it. Did you all think we were going to be successful with Enzo’s inflexible possession tactics while being the less talented team in the vast majority of matches?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I hate Chelsea for poaching the manager of a newly promoted team, it's hard enough to stay in the PL without this happening. 

I for one thought we stood more chance staying in the league with the current manager than having to rebuild from scratch again.

I guess we'll find out the state of the clubs finance's pretty soon,  i.e can we pay compensation for our new manager or will we be employing an out of work manager.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 2

I was curious to see how well Enzo ball would fair in the Premier league, particularly as I thought it may work better than in the EFL purely because teams won't sit back against us.

That being said, with the quality of player and funds at our disposal I wasn't too positive about it, and he is arrogant as hell.  To basically tell fans you can't have an opinion about his style of play, and then to walk out straight after promotion is a bit crap to be honest so I'm glad he's off. I'll wish him well though, not worth wasting time thinking about.

Not actually deflated about next season, somewhat beyond caring and thinking more for the season after.

Limited funds + any points deduction has left me already accepting relegation. I'd much rather us try to put together a squad of players that are younger, to gain a season of top flight experience that'll be ready for a promotion push the season after, to come back on a level playing field and start over. Use next season to right a few financial wrongs. Don't set a record for the biggest defeat, pick up more than 14 points and it's fine.

Opportunity to be ruthless. Anyone that wants out, flog. Don't offer Jannik a contract now Enzos gone.

The only thing that would be sad that I could potentially see happening now is Vardy walking. I know he plays for lcfc and not Enzo, but lcfc is in a mess. The blokes done more than enough for us, personally I'd step away now, leave on a high and experience something else 

• Like 2

Not sure how anyone can't be deflated here. Whilst I agree it's almost a blessing in terms of a different style being suited to the PL over Enzoball, the players LOVED him clearly, they've had something drilled into them for 46 games (plus preseason), certain players OOC might not want to re-sign now, others might want to leave that are actually in contract, and we've got a big points deduction looming.

Feels futile this season already.

The appointment NEEDS to be the right one and also done promptly so the manager can actually prepare, its going to be even harder then I expected it to be before to stay up. :(

• Like 1

It all adds to the excitement of a new season doesn’t it. So many things to look forward to. A new division, back in the top flight, a new manager/management team,  new players to look forward to. 
There is never a dull moment with this club and we’ve just got to roll with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

It all adds to the excitement of a new season doesn’t it. So many things to look forward to. A new division, back in the top flight, a new manager/management team,  new players to look forward to. 
There is never a dull moment with this club and we’ve just got to roll with it.

Typical Aussie with all that cheerful optimism!!! 

Honestly not bothered about him staying or leaving, he came in got the job done. The only real constant at the club are the fans.

The short length of time he was here, his apparently attitude to our supporters at times and with the type of football we played, never really had me warming to him.

I have very low expectations of next season whoever we have in charge, but we need to get them in quickly.

• Like 1

Glad he's gone, wanted him gone at Xmas.. Already looking forward to next season to see him fail , and the anticipation of fresh face and new ideas (Hopefully). Not just boring slow sideways and backwards possession...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trooky said:

I hate Chelsea for poaching the manager of a newly promoted team, it's hard enough to stay in the PL without this happening. 

I agree and hate them too and their entitled owners, players and fans. They are like the spoilt kid who stamps their feet and demands daddy buys them what they want!

Before the Championship season had even ended we weren’t even afforded the enjoyment and satisfaction of winning the league and anticipating the pre season build up!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Even if you want to be really sympathetic about the situation - Rudkin has actually done some cracking business over the years - in December he would have been in the job for 10 years. He's achieved a lot in that time and thank you Jon, genuinely. But it's time for a change. It's time for some ambition in the boardroom. Villa went and nabbed Monchi after he'd delivered 5 Europa Leagues in 10 years and now they're in the Champions League. It's time for Top to show aggression and ambition.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, Top comes over as a bit of a pudding sometimes and I just can't see it happening. Sometimes a good CEO has to recognise the things he doesn't know and find the right people that do. I suppose the difficulty is that football is nothing like any other business. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, Top comes over as a bit of a pudding sometimes and I just can't see it happening. Sometimes a good CEO has to recognise the things he doesn't know and find the right people that do. I suppose the difficulty is that football is nothing like any other business. 

This is hardly a trifling matter Vol.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Stfu

• Haha 1