Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Genuine Leicester legends

I think many of us can agree that the word 'legend' is thrown about too loosely. Who in our history do you think is worthy of the title? It's a pretty high bar for me. For instance, I don't consider all of the title winning team legends. Some will find that strange, but the club needs to be relatively exclusive. 

Vardy, King, Albrighton, Morgan, Walsh, Elliott, Schmeichel and Izzett could all get a statue tomorrow and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Yes there are plenty who came here and won things but none like the above. There were maybe better players than some as well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Think in recent times Vardy, Schmeichel and Morgan are no brainers. Mahrez should be a no brainer too but a weird small minority of our fans bizarrely seem to hate him.

King and Albrighton then as well even if there were more talented players (though both were still fantastic players at their peak) had some incredible moments and great longevity.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

It's in the eye of the beholder much like beauty often influenced by your first heros.

26 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Can someone enlighten me on the difference between a cult hero and a legend?

Anyone?

It’s just vibes based. I’d call people like Lloyd Dyer and Leonardo Ulloa cult heroes instead of legends but couldn’t tell you why as both were fantastic players for us. 

26 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Can someone enlighten me on the difference between a cult hero and a legend?

Anyone?

You'll never get agreement on this, it's so subjective ;)

Here's the Google definition FWIW:

Somebody can be a hero for 15 minutes, a day, maybe a month, but eventually over time, heroes are forgotten and lost in society, while legends did something so extraordinary that they will never be forgotten

• Haha 1

Just now, Izzy said:

You'll never get agreement on this, it's so subjective ;)

Here's the Google definition FWIW:

Somebody can be a hero for 15 minutes, a day, maybe a month, but eventually over time, heroes are forgotten and lost in society, while legends did something so extraordinary that they will never be forgotten

Most football legends will be forgotten by 2 or 3 generations then. Hardly anyone on here would cite players pre the 50s other than by looking at their stats which we know don't always tell the true story.

• Like 1