Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Genuine Leicester legends

Can only talk about my time supporting the club really, so early 1990s onwards. 'Legendary' status comes from a combination of talent, longevity, achievements and charisma. In that time I'd say the certified legendary players are:

Walsh

Izzet

Vardy

Kasper

Morgan

Mahrez

For managers it's O'Neill, Pearson and Ranieri.

Norman Leet was a legend watching that guy play  made all of us think we could play for the club. Must be the only footballer ever who went within 2 years from playing for Leicester to being sub for Viking Tun on a Sunday morning

30 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Can only talk about my time supporting the club really, so early 1990s onwards. 'Legendary' status comes from a combination of talent, longevity, achievements and charisma. In that time I'd say the certified legendary players are:

Walsh

Izzet

Vardy

Kasper

Morgan

Mahrez

From my early days of following the club Matt Gilles though  I wish he never dropped Ken Leek for 61 Cup Final and sold Derek Dougan and Jackie Sinclair too soon

22 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Nigel Pearson, Craig Shakespeare, Jamie Vardy, Andy King, Kasper Schmeichel, Marc Albrighton, Shinji Okazaki, Riyad Mahrez, Wes Morgan, Robert Huth, Christian Fuchs, Danny Simpson, N'Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater, Matt Elliott, Steve Walsh, Steve Walsh, Marcin Wasilewski, Alan Birchenall, Jeffrey Schlupp, Leonardo Ulloa, Lloyd Dyer, Nathan Dyer, Martyn Waghorn, Harry Panayiotou, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Ayoze Perez, Clint Hill, Danny Ward, Enzo Maresca, Luke Thomas, Cousin Dennis, Eden Hazard, Martin O'Neill, Richie Norman, Brandon Cover, Gordon Banks, Callum Doyle, Greg Cunningham, Paul Dickov, Barry Hayles, Jack Hobbs, Chris Powell, Levi Porter, DJ Campbell, Ian Holloway, Dennis Wise, Yann Kermorgant, Ryan McGivern, Matt Oakley, Derek Dougan, Frank Worthington, Frank Mousa, Neil Warnock, Keith Weller, Filbert, Wes Fofana, Fer Nino, Danny Tiatto, Troy Deeney, Peter Whittingham, Julian Joachim, David Speedie, Yuki Abe, David Gibson, Mattp, Demarai Gray, Steve Guppy, James Maddison, Ben Chilwell, Jack Grealish, Ademola Lookman, Kyle Naughton, Callum Davidson, Bruno N'Gotty, Pegguy Arphexad, Stefan Oakes, Trevor Oakes, Tony Cottee, Steve Claridge, Aman Verma, Anthony Knockaert, Yakubu, Ian Stringer, Finnegan, Patson Daka, Matty James, Emile Heskey, Ricardo Pereira, Matt Piper, Dion Dublin, Brian Deane, Roberto Mancini, Esteban Cambiasso, Ben Mee, Michael Morrison, Daniel Amartey

We didn't start the fire.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, izzymuzzet said:

Walsh

Izzet

Vardy

Kasper

Morgan

Mahrez

You not putting Kingy in there? For me he’s the biggest legend of this era 

The term legends is quite subjective.  I quite like the idea of a hall of fame.  The club can quite easily set a high bar for inductees into the hall of fame - appearances/goals/outstanding achievement etc... then the conversation about legends becomes a bit easier and it's a proper tangible recognition of a player (or manager's) contribution to the club.

13 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yet you include Walsh who thumped a fellow player and got a 13 match ban and Izzet who requested a transfer who both achieved far less and were inferior players for us? It’s double standards, Mahrez should obviously be there.

''Walsh who thumped a fellow player''. Walsh thumped loads of fellow players. He probably thumped more fellow players than you've had hot dinners. Definitely a Leicester legend.

2 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

''Walsh who thumped a fellow player''. Walsh thumped loads of fellow players. He probably thumped more fellow players than you've had hot dinners. Definitely a Leicester legend.

Wasn’t arguing he wasn’t, I was arguing that Mahrez is and the reasons given as to why he’s not are bizarre. Just used Walsh as a comparison because the poster who said Mahrez wasn’t because of his behaviour included Walsh so just pointing out the double standards. It wasn’t meant to be a slight on Walsh.