Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Genuine Leicester legends

35 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Nigel Pearson, Craig Shakespeare, Jamie Vardy, Andy King, Kasper Schmeichel, Marc Albrighton, Shinji Okazaki, Riyad Mahrez, Wes Morgan, Robert Huth, Christian Fuchs, Danny Simpson, N'Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater, Matt Elliott, Steve Walsh, Steve Walsh, Marcin Wasilewski, Alan Birchenall, Jeffrey Schlupp, Leonardo Ulloa, Lloyd Dyer, Nathan Dyer, Martyn Waghorn, Harry Panayiotou, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Ayoze Perez, Clint Hill, Danny Ward, Enzo Maresca, Luke Thomas, Cousin Dennis, Eden Hazard, Martin O'Neill, Richie Norman, Brandon Cover, Gordon Banks, Callum Doyle, Greg Cunningham, Paul Dickov, Barry Hayles, Jack Hobbs, Chris Powell, Levi Porter, DJ Campbell, Ian Holloway, Dennis Wise, Yann Kermorgant, Ryan McGivern, Matt Oakley, Derek Dougan, Frank Worthington, Frank Mousa, Neil Warnock, Keith Weller, Filbert, Wes Fofana, Fer Nino, Danny Tiatto, Troy Deeney, Peter Whittingham, Julian Joachim, David Speedie, Yuki Abe, David Gibson, Mattp, Demarai Gray, Steve Guppy, James Maddison, Ben Chilwell, Jack Grealish, Ademola Lookman, Kyle Naughton, Callum Davidson, Bruno N'Gotty, Pegguy Arphexad, Stefan Oakes, Trevor Oakes, Tony Cottee, Steve Claridge, Aman Verma, Anthony Knockaert, Yakubu, Ian Stringer, Finnegan, Patson Daka, Matty James, Emile Heskey, Ricardo Pereira, Matt Piper, Dion Dublin, Brian Deane, Roberto Mancini, Esteban Cambiasso, Ben Mee, Michael Morrison, Daniel Amartey

Not an exhaustive list obviously but they're the main ones.

Some questionable shouts there but I agree with most especially Finnegan and MattP :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Some questionable shouts there but I agree with most especially Finnegan and MattP :D

Fair comment, I was umming and ahhing about whether Marc Albrighton should fall under cult hero so maybe he shouldn't be in there.

43 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Nigel Pearson, Craig Shakespeare, Jamie Vardy, Andy King, Kasper Schmeichel, Marc Albrighton, Shinji Okazaki, Riyad Mahrez, Wes Morgan, Robert Huth, Christian Fuchs, Danny Simpson, N'Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater, Matt Elliott, Steve Walsh, Steve Walsh, Marcin Wasilewski, Alan Birchenall, Jeffrey Schlupp, Leonardo Ulloa, Lloyd Dyer, Nathan Dyer, Martyn Waghorn, Harry Panayiotou, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Ayoze Perez, Clint Hill, Danny Ward, Enzo Maresca, Luke Thomas, Cousin Dennis, Eden Hazard, Martin O'Neill, Richie Norman, Brandon Cover, Gordon Banks, Callum Doyle, Greg Cunningham, Paul Dickov, Barry Hayles, Jack Hobbs, Chris Powell, Levi Porter, DJ Campbell, Ian Holloway, Dennis Wise, Yann Kermorgant, Ryan McGivern, Matt Oakley, Derek Dougan, Frank Worthington, Frank Mousa, Neil Warnock, Keith Weller, Filbert, Wes Fofana, Fer Nino, Danny Tiatto, Troy Deeney, Peter Whittingham, Julian Joachim, David Speedie, Yuki Abe, David Gibson, Mattp, Demarai Gray, Steve Guppy, James Maddison, Ben Chilwell, Jack Grealish, Ademola Lookman, Kyle Naughton, Callum Davidson, Bruno N'Gotty, Pegguy Arphexad, Stefan Oakes, Trevor Oakes, Tony Cottee, Steve Claridge, Aman Verma, Anthony Knockaert, Yakubu, Ian Stringer, Finnegan, Patson Daka, Matty James, Emile Heskey, Ricardo Pereira, Matt Piper, Dion Dublin, Brian Deane, Roberto Mancini, Esteban Cambiasso, Ben Mee, Michael Morrison, Daniel Amartey

Not an exhaustive list obviously but they're the main ones.

You missed one. Not going to tell you who though... 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Personally I think it's tinpot to artificially make club legends an exclusive club that only a few players get into. We're a century old club with a rich history and our title win is by far the biggest defining moment in our history, at a minimum all of the starting XI should be considered club legends and bench players like Nathan Dyer, Andy King and Ulloa should be as well.

At the end of the day in 30 years we're all still going to be talking about how Dyer got himself knocked out to win the game against Aston Villa or Ulloa's penalty against West Ham or Andy King being the only player in English football to win league 1, championship and PL with the same club. What else is a legend than someone who does something remarkable for the club that will be talked about for generations?

All the bigger clubs have countless club legends, we have so many players with amazing stories that achieved miracles whilst playing for our club, why should we not respect them with legend status?

You could argue that the time we were rescued from folding was an even more defining moment. Famous no, but without the consortium that kept us afloat we would not have seen the highs we have since.

As fans we tend to remember only the players that we've seen, but I'm sure the local fans will have heard stories of yesteryear of legendary players passed on from their parents and grandparents.

Also, Vichai, Top, Mandaric and many previous owners/chairmen should absolutely be considered legends of the club.

Not to mention staff that have left a positive mark on many people throughout their time (i.e. groundsmen, physios, coaches, tea ladies, mascots etc.)

• Like 1

In the premier league era…..

Walsh

Izzet

Elliot 

Vardy

Schmeichel

Morgan

That’s it for me, though honorable mentions for King & Albrighton.

Those saying Mahrez, are you forgetting his tantrum that (imo) caused us issues at a time when we were playing well?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Those saying Mahrez, are you forgetting his tantrum that (imo) caused us issues at a time when we were playing well?

Yet you include Walsh who thumped a fellow player and got a 13 match ban and Izzet who requested a transfer who both achieved far less and were inferior players for us? It’s double standards, Mahrez should obviously be there.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yet you include Walsh who thumped a fellow player and got a 13 match ban and Izzet who requested a transfer who both achieved far less and were inferior players for us? It’s double standards, Mahrez should obviously be there.

I wasn’t aware of Walsh’s punch…without dismissing this (granted at a time with no social media) fallouts do happen. Unless you or I know the full ins/outs how can we judge? 

Izzett has stated he did not want to leave, but that it was the clubs wishes too, over finances.

mahrez had a very open And public airing of his views at a time when we needed a cohesive team. 

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I wasn’t aware of Walsh’s punch…without dismissing this (granted at a time with no social media) fallouts do happen. Unless you or I know the full ins/outs how can we judge? 

Izzett has stated he did not want to leave, but that it was the clubs wishes too, over finances.

mahrez had a very open And public airing of his views at a time when we needed a cohesive team. 

Despite the later issues Mahrez definitely an all time great for Leicester

• Like 3