Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Things you only just found out about.

12 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This is the queue for a foodbank in AUSTRALIA!!

How the fvck has it come to this?

It would be interesting to know what proportion of these people actually are in genuine need and what proportion just want free stuff.  Dicussion here:

Suggesting a mix of genuine people struggling, international students (who now doubt are finding their work restrictions make it hard to get by) and interestingly perhaps a generation of older immigrants who perhaps come from places where when free stuff is on offer you take it regardless of your specific need.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2024 at 22:28, Vacamion said:

Didn't know until I saw an advert recently that the golf brand is pronounced "title-ist" and not "tit-lies-t".

Luckily I don't golf and hadn't had cause to say the word, but could have been embarrassing if I'd said out loud the word as it sounded in my head.

On 04/06/2024 at 14:18, SystonFox said:

i always pronounced it tight-lest. which doesn't make sense at all when written down but it is how i've said, and will continue to say it

It’s Tit List…. And always will be 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It would be interesting to know what proportion of these people actually are in genuine need and what proportion just want free stuff.  Dicussion here:

Suggesting a mix of genuine people struggling, international students (who now doubt are finding their work restrictions make it hard to get by) and interestingly perhaps a generation of older immigrants who perhaps come from places where when free stuff is on offer you take it regardless of your specific need.

I do get your concerns and share some of them. But I have to say, anyone who wants to join a line like that for the bare essentials is welcome to them, as far as  I’m concerned!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 01:27, ozleicester said:

This is the queue for a foodbank in AUSTRALIA!!

How the fvck has it come to this?

In don't believe that! Really? I thought good banks were a British phenomenon?

Edit: I mean food banks

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

31 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

In don't believe that! Really? I thought good banks were a British phenomenon?

America has some good banks. Low fees. Free pens…

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MPH said:

America has some good banks. Low fees. Free pens…

you Americans and your freedom bah! :D

Security Chain Security Pen, 4 Pens, 1 Base, 5 refills, blue – Nadex Coins

Sadly it is true...our society has collapsed, but the greedy still dont ackowledge it and dont really care.

Edited by ozleicester

I was decorating and got to the top bit of the wall alongside the stairs, standing on a wobbly stool on the landing leant over the gaping drop of the stairwell, one foot on the bannister one hand on a wall, performing a kind of trapeze gymnastics hybrid, twice slipping and having a close call, arm and shoulder aching like hell and the paintwork looking like it had been done by a blindfolded chimpanzee.
Then I was in Poundland a few days later and saw extendable paint rollers, £1, I never knew such things existed as I’d always used shorter ones! I let out a huge Victor Meldrew “I don’t belieeeeeve it” and it took months to see the funny side of it :facepalm:

• Sad 1

On 07/06/2024 at 06:12, nnfox said:

I'm no cricket fan, but I had no idea the US had a cricket team.  I had to read the article twice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cv22me263jmo

Many years ago we had an American friend visiting and my Dad had the test match on all day (top hospitality hey) and was explaining elements of it to our baffled guest. He responded “You’re saying they can play five whole days and it can be a tie (draw)! Hot Dog!!” Then as the players left the pitch for lunch or tea “What’s this, Is it finished?”, “No they’ve gone in for tea”, “You mean everyone has to stick around and wait while the players have a meal!!!” 

The shorter forms of the game are of course very different to this in their pace and activity but he was adamant that Americans would not take to Cricket!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Daggers said:

Why? because they know that much of the flying public will be twats and ignore the rules so better to provide a safe way of extinguishing your ciggy rather than trying to flush it where it might clog... 

Actually, I dunno... :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Why? because they know that much of the flying public will be twats and ignore the rules so better to provide a safe way of extinguishing your ciggy rather than trying to flush it where it might clog... 

Actually, I dunno... :dunno:

doesn’t seem a widespread issue to be fair

IMG_7103.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Found out today that the UHT in UHT milk stands for ultra high temperature*.....42 years in the making.

*You're welcome

Did you used to believe the U stood for udders?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Did you used to believe the U stood for udders?

I'll be completely honest, I thought it stood for Udder Handling Tit milk.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Found out today that the UHT in UHT milk stands for ultra high temperature*.....42 years in the making.

*You're welcome

Why is it cold then?? 🤔...well luke warm..

Edited by Flamey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Flamey said:

Why is it cold then?? 🤔

That is an excellent question. I've solved the mystery of what UHT stands for. Why it's cold....that's one for the braniacs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

That is an excellent question. I've solved the mystery of what UHT stands for. Why it's cold....that's one for the braniacs.

Erm... its heated to a ultra high temperature to kill bacteria before it's then rapidly chilled before any new bacteria can form then it goes to supermarkets etc in chilled trailers usually, AFAIK, within 24 hours of the herd being milked.

How it's heated ???

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Erm... its heated to a ultra high temperature to kill bacteria before it's then rapidly chilled before any new bacteria can form then it goes to supermarkets etc in chilled trailers usually, AFAIK, within 24 hours of the herd being milked.

Brainiac

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Brainiac

Ultra-high-temperature processing (UHT) of milk involves heating for 1–8 sec at 135–154°C. Aseptic packaging of UHT milk produces a shelf-stable product. Aseptic packaging involves placing a sterile product in a sterile package.

Google is the brainiac although I posted my reply before I searched. And I wasn't far off. Still tastes crap though 😕 

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Ultra High Temperature and Ultra High Treatment are both acceptable. 

You're welcome. 

I think they're different things. Temperature and treatment are different unless it's ultra high temperature treatment in which case it would be UHTT milk