Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Things you only just found out about.

Ha - wtf has prompted this?? 

UHT is either Ultra Heat Treatment or Ultra High Temperature. Both work. 

Depends what you want to do, but usually 135 degrees for a second or so.

(Think about that for a moment. How to heat huuuuuge quantities of milk to such a specific time and temperature). 

Big fvck off tanks that force the milk through a heated, pressurised tube to the time and temp required.  

It’s then chilled via a glycol counter chiller into new tanks and then packaged. 

No pathogens or spoilage bacteria. Tastes shit, but lasts forever. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Wow, never knew things were this bad in NYC.

Video suppliedby "Cash Jordan" ... He is hoping to become the next Jordan Petrerson or whoever that other video fvckwit is.

The stories are misleading and untrue, Walgreens had previously been accused of closing stores in San Fran due to shoplifting only to respond by saying they had only had 2-3 shoplifting offences and they were closing due to competetive reasons.

Right wing dystopian bulshit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryroeloffs/2024/01/14/heres-why-drug-stores-are-closing-in-minority-neighborhoods-walgreens-cvs-and-rite-aid-shutter-more-than-1000/

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only just found out that the Tesla model numbers spell out S3XY

Clearly I’m late to the party, but he really is a bit of a tool, isn’t he??! 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Milo said:

I’ve only just found out that the Tesla model numbers spell out S3XY

Clearly I’m late to the party, but he really is a bit of a tool, isn’t he??! 

That’s nothing. Trump only recently realised that the pronoun us can also stand for United States! 

"On this Day" section on Wikipedia front page today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_balloon_riot

The Leicester balloon riot took place at Leicester's Victoria Park on 11 July 1864. It occurred at a test flight of a new hydrogen balloon by aeronaut Henry Tracey Coxwell, for which 50,000 spectators attended. The crowd were enraged by rumours that the balloon was not the largest and newest of Coxwell's balloons and because a woman was allegedly struck by a police officer. Coxwell's balloon was damaged, upon which he caused the gas envelope to collapse and fled, under attack from the crowd. The balloon was subsequently torn to pieces and its basket burnt. The event caused considerable expense to Coxwell, who had to build a replacement balloon, and it set back progress in scientific high-altitude flights.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

The Leicester balloon riot took place at Leicester's Victoria Park on 11 July 1864. It occurred at a test flight of a new hydrogen balloon by aeronaut Henry Tracey Coxwell, for which 50,000 spectators attended. The crowd were enraged by rumours that the balloon was not the largest and newest of Coxwell's balloons and because a woman was allegedly struck by a police officer. Coxwell's balloon was damaged, upon which he caused the gas envelope to collapse and fled, under attack from the crowd. The balloon was subsequently torn to pieces and its basket burnt. The event caused considerable expense to Coxwell, who had to build a replacement balloon, and it set back progress in scientific high-altitude flights.

@davieG remembers it like yesterday :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

@davieG remembers it like yesterday :D

Yeah I've still got a bit of the balloon framed and on my wall. Might be worth a few quid now the story's out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

1) That's a big crowd to watch something go up in the air and float off. Can't have been much else on that weekend

2) What a thing to riot about

17 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

1) That's a big crowd to watch something go up in the air and float off. Can't have been much else on that weekend

2) What a thing to riot about

Well, it was 1864. 

Maybe the rioting was a result of being bored on a Sunday afternoon?

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Well, it was 1864. 

I suppose they might have been hoping for a spectacular fiery accident but as the Hindenburg was 70 odd years later that might not have been on their radar. 

You're probably right, everyone was bored and drunk and looking for a reason to kick off. 

Victorian drunkard 1: What is your view on Mr Coxwell's aerial contraption? 

Victorian drunkard 2: Well I would consider it fairly magnificent

Victorian drunkard 1: (conspiratorially) Well I am led to believe on good authority that it is neither his biggest nor his best

Victorian drunkard 2: You f***ing wot mate? (hurls spinning jenny across park)

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Well, it was 1864. 

fortunately, not long after the balloon riot, Leicester City Football Club was created to give local people something else to get outraged about for the next 150 years!

• Haha 2

Not just found out but very, very late to, was carrot cake and cheese cake.

I thought they were cakes that tasted like carrots and cakes tasting like Red Leicester or something.

Urgh! No thanks.

But then I tried some.

I am now on a mission to catch-up on 40 odd years of misguided, self-imposed abstinence.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Not just found out but very, very late to, was carrot cake and cheese cake.

I thought they were cakes that tasted like carrots and cakes tasting like Red Leicester or something.

Urgh! No thanks.

But then I tried some.

I am now on a mission to catch-up on 40 odd years of misguided, self-imposed abstinence.

Richard Merkel  · 

Prior to 1920, it was possible to send children through the US Postal service. However, there were certain conditions that needed to be met. Firstly, the children had to weigh less than 50 pounds, and stamps were attached to their clothing as a form of payment. Surprisingly, it was often more cost-effective for individuals to send their children via mail rather than opting for train transportation. Interestingly, during the journey, the children would travel on a train, specifically in the mail car, where they were supervised and provided with nourishment by mail clerks. One remarkable example of this unconventional practice involved a distance of over 700 miles, from Florida to Virginia, covered with a mere 15 cents worth of stamps.

May be an image of 1 person and child
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Richard Merkel  · 

Prior to 1920, it was possible to send children through the US Postal service. However, there were certain conditions that needed to be met. Firstly, the children had to weigh less than 50 pounds, and stamps were attached to their clothing as a form of payment. Surprisingly, it was often more cost-effective for individuals to send their children via mail rather than opting for train transportation. Interestingly, during the journey, the children would travel on a train, specifically in the mail car, where they were supervised and provided with nourishment by mail clerks. One remarkable example of this unconventional practice involved a distance of over 700 miles, from Florida to Virginia, covered with a mere 15 cents worth of stamps.

May be an image of 1 person and child

The good old days eh, can’t do that anymore, postal service gone woke 😂

• Haha 2