Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Things you only just found out about.

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That Shaggy from Scooby Doo's full name in the show was Norville Rodgers (Shaggy being his middle name) 

(Was Alexa's question of the day) 

I thought everbody knew he was Brendans brother

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That Shaggy from Scooby Doo's full name in the show was Norville Rodgers (Shaggy being his middle name) 

(Was Alexa's question of the day) 

And Shaggy the musician’s real name is Orville. 🤯

• Haha 2

There are actually FIVE claret jugs (trophy for winning the Open golf championship)

The original is locked away at the R&A St Andrews, there's a 'players' version that the current winner keeps for a year then returns, and then three other replicas that go around the world on various tours to qualifying venues etc.

As a golf perv, I'm disappointed that I've only just found out about this.

On 23/07/2024 at 20:23, Izzy said:

There are actually FIVE claret jugs (trophy for winning the Open golf championship)

The original is locked away at the R&A St Andrews, there's a 'players' version that the current winner keeps for a year then returns, and then three other replicas that go around the world on various tours to qualifying venues etc.

As a golf perv, I'm disappointed that I've only just found out about this.

You would have thought there would be FOUR

• Haha 1

https://reagan.blogs.archives.gov/2023/04/10/white-house-kids-series-harrison-ruffin-tyler-grandson-of-10th-president-john-tyler/

For those history buffs there is a man living in the US, whose grandfather was born 234 years ago in 1790.  If that was not remarkable enough, his grandfather just happened to be the 10th US president and the only one to be buried under a confederate flag! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

A first class stamp now costs £1.35

Blink Wtf GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I personally think that’s a bargain to send a letter anywhere in the country within a couple of days. 

11 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I personally think that’s a bargain to send a letter anywhere in the country within a couple of days. 

Maybe so but I swear a stamp only cost about 50p a few years ago.

I guess that's inflation for you :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jgtuk said:

its is but then again texts, emails and other types of social media are cheaper and faster.......................

Despite having eaten loads of it in my life, for some reason tonight I wondered what 'Corned' meant in Corned Beef.

A quick Google enlightened me:

....corned beef got its name from the dry curing process used to preserve the meat. A slice of beef was covered in “corns” (large, coarse pellets of salt), which would draw out the moisture and prevent the growth of bacteria.

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Despite having eaten loads of it in my life, for some reason tonight I wondered what 'Corned' meant in Corned Beef.

A quick Google enlightened me:

....corned beef got its name from the dry curing process used to preserve the meat. A slice of beef was covered in “corns” (large, coarse pellets of salt), which would draw out the moisture and prevent the growth of bacteria.

And of course Fray Bentos is in Uruguay 

2 hours ago, S1DDO said:

Apparently gherkins are just pickled cucumbers 

We've lots of newly growing cucumber in the greenhouse. We're going to have far too many. I feel a bit better about suggesting we try pickling them like gherkins now. I had thought it was possibly a daft idiot. Obviously not. 

• 1 month later...