Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris2208

Tammy Abraham - loaned to Milan

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Now I’m not very good at Italian and for all I know it says “ to get to Everton he’ll have to travel up the M1 past Leicester….” But this is from today..

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/milan-abraham-obiettivo-concreto-la-roma-puo-aprire-al-prestito--79609

IMG_0163.png

ENGLISH SIRENS - The main threats for Milan come from the Premier League: there is strong interest in Abraham from Everton, Leicester and Bournemouth of the former general manager of the Giallorossi Tiago Pinto for the post Solanke, just sold to Tottenham for 65 million euros. Tammy strongly wants Milan, Roma would prefer to sell him to the Premier League for 30 million.

Edited by ACF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m a little concerned about the timing of this… it appears it’s come at the same time as the Greek guy, so I’m HOPING he is not the smoke screen for Tammy, and not the other way round…

Isn’t the most likely explanation that neither are smokescreens and that we’re exploring several options at the same time in case our first choice doesn’t come off? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Isn’t the most likely explanation that neither are smokescreens and that we’re exploring several options at the same time in case our first choice doesn’t come off? 

I think the most likely option is actually we're not even vaguely interested in Abraham and his agent is throwing around a few names of Premier League clubs because Roma don't want him and he needs a new club. 

I think he and his entourage are likely still a bit in denial of his level. He's basically the next Danny Welbeck but he's still dining out on one half decent season in Serie A. He probably does back himself to lead the line at Milan but he'll wind up at Everton or something eventually. 

I'll be genuinely surprised if he comes here. He'd be easier to sign than Fotis Ioannidis or El Bilal Toure who we've had very credible and believable links to. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think the most likely option is actually we're not even vaguely interested in Abraham and his agent is throwing around a few names of Premier League clubs because Roma don't want him and he needs a new club. 

I think he and his entourage are likely still a bit in denial of his level. He's basically the next Danny Welbeck but he's still dining out on one half decent season in Serie A. He probably does back himself to lead the line at Milan but he'll wind up at Everton or something eventually. 

I'll be genuinely surprised if he comes here. He'd be easier to sign than Fotis Ioannidis or El Bilal Toure who we've had very credible and believable links to. 

The way the guy led the line and absolutely dominated us in doing so during that Conference League Semi-Final for Roma - I’d say that left a lasting impression that meant he’s been on our radar ever since.

It’s also a tad unfair to suggest he’s had one good season.

He’s had two very good seasons in the Championship with Bristol City and Aston Villa at a young age early on in his career - he also did well during the Frank Lampard season for Chelsea.

Your comparison to Danny Welbeck is both cruel and weakened by basic statistical comparison too - Danny has yet to achieve a double digits goalscoring season to date and at 33 is two shy of reaching 100 career goals (449 appearances).

Abraham on the other hand has 4 double digit seasons; including one in the Premier League and one in Seria A; and has already surpassed 100 goals (127 in 328 appearances) at the age of 26.

That said - I would agree that I don’t think we stand a realistic chance of signing him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

Shame that as I would have liked him at city but whether or not we were really in for him who knows ? Also difficult to compete with teams like Milan 

• Like 1