Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris2208

Tammy Abraham - loaned to Milan

Would entirely depend on the money.

I think he'd do a good job for any side like us. It's no doubt that he's a pain in the arse to play against and I think with our wingers he'd probably do quite well.

I don't have a problem with loaning him if it's a case of him taking up Iheanacho's wage. Realistically we'd want 8-10 league goals from any striker we sign this summer to couple up with the same from Vardy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would entirely depend on the money.

I don’t think you’ll. Be getting anything from this deal, sorry!

• Haha 1

A goal scorer, an England international and knows the league, limited striking options this summer I think this would be a great signing, for the right price and wages.

seems more likely to go Brentford though to replace Toney

• Like 3

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Roma allegedly want 28m, in our current predicament, where's that all coming from for just one player? We need at least 4 depending on who stays or goes.

Signs a 5 year contract it's 5.6m a season so not really a massive amount.

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Signs a 5 year contract it's 5.6m a season so not really a massive amount.

Are you just assuming that Roma are willing for Leicester to pay in 5 yearly installments? 

Or, are you just saying that it's only going to in real terms cost us 5.6m over each year to absorb? Even if it's the latter, with our current FFP issues, we arguably can't afford 28m up front for one single player, we're probably having to sell a main asset like KDH just to try and conform. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Roma were interested in Patson Daka last year maybe we could do a deal , Daka to Roma; Abraham to Leicester that would work out for both parties.

Only problem with this, is Daka would miss his flight there. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Are you just assuming that Roma are willing for Leicester to pay in 5 yearly installments? 

Or, are you just saying that it's only going to in real terms cost us 5.6m over each year to absorb? Even if it's the latter, with our current FFP issues, we arguably can't afford 28m up front for one single player, we're probably having to sell a main asset like KDH just to try and conform. 

Nope.

For FFP and accounting reasons, all transfer fees are amortised over the length of a player's contract, so the negative impact on our FFP position would be the transfer fee divided by the length of his contract and his wages. 

So if we buy him for 28m on a 5-year contract, the yearly impact from the transfer fee for FFP purposes would be 28m divided by 5 =  5.6m, plus his annual salary. 

How we pay the fee depends more on cash flow and how much we have in the bank. Fees are rarely paid upfront; generally, they are paid in instalments, referred to in the accounts as transfer debt. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nope.

For FFP and accounting reasons, all transfer fees are amortised over the length of a player's contract, so the negative impact on our FFP position would be the transfer fee divided by the length of his contract and his wages. 

So if we buy him for 28m on a 5-year contract, the yearly impact from the transfer fee for FFP purposes would be 28m x 5 =  5.6m, plus his annual salary. 

How we pay the fee depends more on cash flow and how much we have in the bank. Fees are rarely paid upfront; generally, they are paid in instalments, referred to in the accounts as transfer debt. 

Thanks, I think I understand a bit better now 👍🏻

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, enmac said:

Scored a decent goal against Milan today in a friendly in Oz.

Musa scored an absolute banger against Barcelona in a friendly, once..

• Haha 1