Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

On 01/06/2024 at 21:39, Trent Steel said:

he'll share the same fate as Poch this season, maybe worse.  watch this space, probably wont even last till christmas

Hardly a revolutionary statement is it? Fair play to the guy.

If he wins games he enhances his reputation and if he fails he gets a massive sack of cash. Any one of us, even you, would make exactly the same decision in his position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

All done and dusted today I imagine. We probably still have no clue who we are really after but I imagine it will be some sort of exponent of possession based nonsense. If we have an ounce of sense it will be someone who can also handle the Championship. I have the feeling our decline hasn’t ended yet and we will need several miracles to avoid relegation.  It’s possible and stranger things have happened. 

Great stuff. I'm off to find a Morrissey album to cheer myself up after that.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not really when you think about it. 

It's obviously done and dusted, it was pretty much confirmed days ago. 

All you're waiting for is an official announcement and that's not going to have any impact on us as a club replacing him. We'll have started the process weeks ago. 

Other than a picture of Enzo holding up a Chelsea shirt and an interview of him talking how it was an opportunity too good to turn down, which none of us really need to watch or look at, there's nothing left. Why let it bother you? 

I won't believe it's done until Guilliaume Ballague has been on Chelsea TV, and told them that they are going to be getting the new Messiah, and they should all bow down to him, and shout Praise King Enzo, each time they see him!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Part of me thinks we're having some hand in the ultimate delay in proceedings purely because we want to announce a new manager straight away. 

I mean, in fairness, aren't a lot of football personnel still just on holiday? 

Often think a lot of fans forget that right at the start of the summer. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, in fairness, aren't a lot of football personnel still just on holiday? 

Often think a lot of fans forget that right at the start of the summer. 

Enzo was supposed to be in Marbella, probably agreed everything but said let me finish my jollies then we’ll all jump straight into work

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Part of me thinks we're having some hand in the ultimate delay in proceedings purely because we want to announce a new manager straight away. 

Doubt it, sounds like there's just been a bit of wrangling over fee etc.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The latter part will require serious priority this summer. Enzo saved Justin's and Ricardo's careers by using them thr way he did. I'm not sure either have the resilience to play that way any longer and not in the PL.

So we could possibly need 2-3 new full backs, to go with needing 3 new CM's, at least 1 new CB, 2 wingers and a striker. 

Ouch.

How's that free agency market looking? lol 

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not really when you think about it. 

It's obviously done and dusted, it was pretty much confirmed days ago. 

All you're waiting for is an official announcement and that's not going to have any impact on us as a club replacing him. We'll have started the process weeks ago. 

Other than a picture of Enzo holding up a Chelsea shirt and an interview of him talking how it was an opportunity too good to turn down, which none of us really need to watch or look at, there's nothing left. Why let it bother you? 

I think the issue is that we might have the new incumbent lined up ready to be announced but can't until Mascara has been officially unveiled at his next club.

Unlikely though.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The latter part will require serious priority this summer. Enzo saved Justin's and Ricardo's careers by using them thr way he did. I'm not sure either have the resilience to play that way any longer and not in the PL.

So we could possibly need 2-3 new full backs, to go with needing 3 new CM's, at least 1 new CB, 2 wingers and a striker. 

Ouch.

Is there not an argument that Ricardo and Justin could successfully share the RB duties? Surely they aren't beyond 20 games a season each? (I admit I don't think we ever see Ricardo getting up and down a flank all game again).

A squad member who can fill in at RB would be needed, maybe Hamza can fill that role.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the issue is that we might have the new incumbent lined up ready to be announced but can't until Mascara has been officially unveiled at his next club.

Unlikely though.

Why would anyone care? As Finnegan said it's more likely that personnel have been on leave. Also, with Chelsea the noise hits socials before any contact is actually made. Just makes everything seem its taken longer than it actually has.

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Is there not an argument that Ricardo and Justin could successfully share the RB duties? Surely they aren't beyond 20 games a season each? (I admit I don't think we ever see Ricardo getting up and down a flank all game again).

A squad member who can fill in at RB would be needed, maybe Hamza can fill that role.

Possibly but I think it's not even the culmination of games that's the risk but the sheer impact on the body playing as a modern full back than as a central player in the system Enzo played them.

I just don't want us relying on them and them breaking down, it's a risk.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but I think it's not even the culmination of games that's the risk but the sheer impact on the body playing as a modern full back than as a central player in the system Enzo played them.

I just don't want us relying on them and them breaking down, it's a risk.

It bothers me people don't see this. There is quite a lot of excitement that Riccy is just going to become the best fullback again in the PL and the inverted role was somehow holding him back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Great stuff. I'm off to find a Morrissey album to cheer myself up after that.

Has he done one called ‘The Truth Hurts’. I imagine that would be right up his street. 

This isn't a dig, Enzo; it's more about the game itself. 

But it is funny how being articulate, well-dressed, Italian and a disciple of Pep can get you a go at a top job after a successful season.

Imagine the uproar if Chelsea had come in for a rough around the edge Pearson after our promotion season in 13-14. 

• Like 2

I mean I get it, but should they not look at themselves as to the reasons why he “jumped ship at the first opportunity” and “openly courted the job”?

As for the long term vision remaining unaffected - firstly and most importantly, get your house in order! Secondly if that means this pathetic vision of playing like Man City, I’m out.

We would have struggled to play that style in the prem so it's mixed feelings but he is a top manager.

It wasn't easy to do what we did in what was a very tough championship season last year and we should have broken all records which says it all.