Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

Can't help feeling a big dissapointed at this news. Last year was a weird one, we began by winning games but never looked like we were playing that well, then when we started to play we'll it became boring and teams exposed us on the counter attack.

He proved to me that you can have too much possession !!

I think he'll do well down there, you have to have best players for that system. Basically he's watched Pep and is copying him, but has he got any of his own ideas !

We would have been caught out a thousand times playing like this in the Prem.

We need to bring someone else in who plays a slightly different system and for me at least five players to implement anything.

Best outcome for all parties in my opinion. Was great last season, but there were concerning signs regarding his tactical flexibility. 

What we needed last season, not necessarily what we need this. Good luck (he will need it) to him and thank you for getting us up. 

• Like 3

The guy’s done very well to be fair to him. He’s had the easiest ever job in the EFL and despite nearly blowing it because of his own stubbornness, he’s come out of it all with a better job. He’ll do well, he’ll have better players at his disposal that can play his system, which as we know is awful to watch.

Our best performance last year was when we had that player meeting, ignored him and  smashed saints. I’m hoping the new manager can find that spark in the players again and play in a more attractive and exciting way.

It’s a win win IMO, as long as Jon doesn’t mess up the recruitment. It’s a massive appointment and I’m not sure why you’d want the job but we’ll see!

Up the city 🦊

• Like 2