Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

I do thank Enzo for getting us back to the PL, but I think this has worked out well for us. We were never going to stay up playing like that, and it was clear Enzo wasn't going to find a plan B. The compensation is a huge bonus, especially when you consider the club would likely be paying him off themselves in a few months, and now there's a chance we can get a replacement who is more pragmatic, and flexible re: style. We'll be very lucky to stay up this coming season, so we really need to get this appointment right. I do have a suspicion Top is obsessed with us being a Lidl Man City - hope to be proven wrong.

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Thank you Enzo. 

Came in at a time of need, steadied the ship and got us back to where we belong. 

All the best at Chelsea.

And left taking our hole backroom staff at a time we most needed stability. 

Hope he fails

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It's not confirmed though is it. 

As if it isn’t gonna happen now. Corner flag post imminent.

Got to admit, I’d feel disappointed now if it didn’t. Who wants a manager that doesn’t want to be here?

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Hope he fails

Did we have staff any at the point of him coming in? Practically all left/were leaving. 

Back to square one. 

I'm glad he's gone. Yes its at the worst time with the points deduction and lack of funds, but he was never a long term plan

Hopefully we can recruit now to build for the future. We're at one of our least attractive stages but realistically with the likelihood we are dropping we are in a position to offer someone the security of a free season to plan for a promotion drive.

Under Maresca, players could only play one way or they were out.

Fans were not allowed an opinion on the style of football played, but he was having an opinion on the support

He said he was going to be here and wanted his holiday and then deal with football after, yet spent his whole holiday organising a deal elsewhere.

No loyalty in football, don't get attached, but now he's Chelseas walking hypocrit.. not ours.

Good luck there though, ain't worth spending time wishing malice on him. Your objective was promotion and you did it, so thanks for that part at least

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Hope we absolutely ****ing maul them on the counter next season 

Easy 6 points 

Post match interview after they do us 6-0. 

' I told them to be patient, my style worked. Now they learn the hard way'

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

In my opinion He picked us up when we were down, galvanised the squad and won the league playing an attractive style of football. In doing this increased his market value . I was looking forward to next season to see how we would fare with as bit of momentum and a few new signings? So in that respect I am a bit disappointed.

But of course those leeches at Chelsea have come along with their chequebook and screwed all this up! They really are the worst kind of people, and I’ll add their fans to that as well. 

I do think he will do well at Chelsea as I think Pochettino has started to turn the corner with them and you can see what he did with our squad albeit in the Championship.

Anyway back to worrying about our own situation and how our club facing the threat of points deductions will fare against teams who can operate outside the rule book!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Too much "its better he has gone (for me and my entertainment)" but no real acknowledgement of the difficult position it leaves the club in!

Yes, his style may have condemned us, he may not have evolved his style, but we would have more chance of surviving this difficult season with more continuity and the existing player backing. (imo)

But he has likely gone, so we fight with someone new at the helm and start again.

edit Don`t care how he does at Chelsea, unless it is against us.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for getting us promoted but I can’t help but feel a lot about watching us last season like I do England and Southgate. I should be more appreciative of what they both achieved but watching just doesn’t excite me enough. 

I’m not convinced by the view that he will do well because he has better players at chelsea. While effective in certain respects his system was flawed and had weak points and teams had worked out how to stifle us and expose these weak points. Regardless of how good the players he has are these weak points will still be evident and exposed even more by better and more proficient teams unless he will change things. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Hope he fails

He did bring them all in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Did we have staff any at the point of him coming in? Practically all left/were leaving. 

Back to square one. 

I guess we always had that 'insurance policy' (even though i'm delighted they're gone) of Stowell and Sadler.

But with it being summer break, it's not really an issue to have no one, let the new man bring his own team in ready for pre season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

And you know what? Totally apathetic towards it. 

Even with Megson leaving for Bolton after about 10 minutes, I was like “what a twat”

This? Just don’t really care either way.

Cheers Enzo. Now get on with it, Citeh.

Summed up well. We all wanted him out before the last four games of the season. Was an objectionable little character who was full of his own self importance. 

12 minutes ago, Raj said:

Things posters do to get attention!:rolleyes:

Reminds me of the time you stood in the window at Rumbelows doing a dick helicopter.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Post match interview after they do us 6-0. 

' I told them to be patient, my style worked. Now they learn the hard way'

Hasn't got a 6-0 in him.

• Like 1

He’s done a good job but I’m apathetic at best about him leaving. Good luck to him though. Was refreshing to hear him speak about the hierarchy without his nose up their…

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Came in and repaired somewhat the gap between the staff, players and fans. Not an easy gig that mind either.

Southampton at home that moment with all the players in the corner, was special.

Did a good a job for us.

Yeah, his first few months here were a huge, huge relief. Regardless of the aesthetics of his playstyle, the man is a competent manager and got our club pointing the right way.

It's easy in hindsight to make assumptions that 'any decent manager' would have gotten the same result. But in those words lies the actual compliment - 'decent'. 

Thanks Enzo, short but sweet acquaintance.

• Like 4