Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

Well either Enzo and Kompany are gonna balls it up and be ejected within 6 months or they magically prove us all wrong and be a big success. We shall see….

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lfu said:

Not announced by either team and Telegraph are saying it will be tomorrow. You've had a case of Premature Exposition here OP!

Mods, take him away!

My wife says I suffer from this. Well, I think that's what she said but i don't listen very often. 

Posted (edited)

All you can say is thank you to the guy for coming in after a tough couple of years with Rodgers and galvanising the team/players and getting us straight back up.

However, personally with how things have gone the last couple of weeks and his seemingly eagerness to go to London and speak to Chelsea I can say I'm glad he's going. A little bit of arrogance is fine however this guy has had moments where he's acted a little bit above his station. A few thinly veiled threats of leaving if fans don't like his style of play, stubbornness that it was his way or the high way which effectively made the end of the season a lot closer than it should have been, no plan b in some games we should have put to bed.

I think fair enough for last season it was nice to enjoy being a fan again for a while but if you're not fully onside, see you later. I can see it going really really well next season at Chelsea or being a complete disaster, a big part of me hopes it's the latter.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 1

KInd of annoyed that he's stolen my "I told you so" moment I had lined up around Christmas :D

Appreciate him for getting us up and I loved his attitude. Not a massive fan of his style of play, with good players it's boring to watch, with weaker players it's setting up for failure.

Imagine like Potter, him and his band of merry men will fall foul of Boehly before the season is out. Do not begrudge him taking the opportunity though. 5 year contract and a huge pay rise for him and his mates. You'd be mad to turn it down.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was angry when McGhee and Little went, I was upset when O'Neill and Pearson went. I feel absolutely nothing at all about him leaving; he should be applauded for getting us promoted and back on track so quickly. Despite us spending money, it doesn't always go that way. But I just couldn't warm to the football; I'm tired of passing football when so often nobody actually moves for the ball, and all you do is recycle, recycle, recycle. It might be more attractive with better players, and he might succeed with Chelsea with better players... but that's the issue: if you don't have the players, at least accept you need to be a bit more pragmatic until you have them. 

Thanks and goodbye. 

Echo that. Will always be grateful to him for getting us up, but it was a seriously hard watch for significant parts of the season. Will be curious to see if he can add sparkle to that style with better players and a different level of financial support.  But won’t give him a second thought a couple of months from now. 

Think they could win the European Conference thingy next season. 
Sky will be creaming themselves at the thought of a League Cup or F.A.Cup Final v Man City, “Master vs Apprentice” narrative. 

Just hope Chilwell suffers from this change, I’ve always seen him as a potential Spurs player, I could see him in that shirt alongside the multitude of other “nearly-men” but with his injury record don’t know if they’d go for it.

Just wary that Enzo has seen Alves close up and described him as special, hands off.

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Post match interview after they do us 6-0. 

' I told them to be patient, my style worked. Now they learn the hard way'

Cant beat Millwall, Middlesborough, Leeds, Plymouth but will beat us 6-0!? yeah okay!!

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Think they could win the European Conference thingy next season. 
Sky will be creaming themselves at the thought of a League Cup or F.A.Cup Final v Man City, “Master vs Apprentice” narrative. 

Just hope Chilwell suffers from this change, I’ve always seen him as a potential Spurs player, I could see him in that shirt alongside the multitude of other “nearly-men” but with his injury record don’t know if they’d go for it.

Just wary that Enzo has seen Alves close up and described him as special, hands off.

This is a huge concern of mine. He will have been looking closely at our academy talent and will know what it takes to get them. 

We need to be very firm on this - any players he wants to take with him leave on our terms

He came and sorted out some of our mess and got us promoted. Then leaving us with a nice compensastion. Must be one of our best managerial signings ever.

Not gonna miss tippy tappy with no end product and not using subs, but he came with a smile and got the team believing again. Thanks Enzo and goodbye.

• Like 1

Enzo - I told Leicester this is the only way to play but the fans wouldn’t listen. All we needed was better players, more money to spend and to move to West London for the plan to work! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always thankful for taking us back up but I think it’s the right move for both parties. For his style to work at the top level, you need the best players. We would have been mauled playing like that. Providing we get the appointment right, we could have a better chance of staying up now. Decent options available. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Always thankful for taking us back up but I think it’s the right move for both parties. For his style to work at the top level, you need the best players. We would have been mauled playing like that. Providing we get the appointment right, we could have a better chance of staying up now. Decent options available. 

Absolutely spot on. Well summarised. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was angry when McGhee and Little went, I was upset when O'Neill and Pearson went. I feel absolutely nothing at all about him leaving; he should be applauded for getting us promoted and back on track so quickly. Despite us spending money, it doesn't always go that way. But I just couldn't warm to the football; I'm tired of passing football when so often nobody actually moves for the ball, and all you do is recycle, recycle, recycle. It might be more attractive with better players, and he might succeed with Chelsea with better players... but that's the issue: if you don't have the players, at least accept you need to be a bit more pragmatic until you have them. 

Thanks and goodbye. 

What Babs said.

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Problem is do our owners see that, they pick managers to play this type of football 

28 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Well either Enzo and Kompany are gonna balls it up and be ejected within 6 months or they magically prove us all wrong and be a big success. We shall see….

It's really hard to get the Bayern job wrong but I guess it depends what their expectations are. They should always win the league and probably get to least the semis in the champs league with their squad.

Chelsea is a lot harder though, especially with the amount of egos they have there.