Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

18 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yeah, just like we'll never get relegated having a team containing Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Soyuncu, Castagne etc..

It ain't played on paper and Enzo deserves huge credit for galvanising a mess of a squad, particularly from his own fanbase.

Thanks Enzo ,for getting us back to wear belong ,now time for Graham Potter to take over, and it won't cost us a penny to bring him in ,as he has no club .

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Of course it's an FFP win. What difference does the amount we paid Man City make? We've already paid that whether Enzo goes or stays. Am I missing something?

If it works like player transfers then the amount of money we paid city would have been spread across his contract for FFP. Since he's gone we can no longer spread his transfer value across his contract.

So if we paid them 1 mil then we would pay 250k per year over a 4 year contract for the transfer whereas now he's gone we would have the remaining 750k on the books for this year. If we had spent 2 or 3 mil on him then that would offset the transfer value we're getting for him by quite a bit.

37 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yeah, just like we'll never get relegated having a team containing Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Soyuncu, Castagne etc..

It ain't played on paper and Enzo deserves huge credit for galvanising a mess of a squad, particularly from his own fanbase.

All true, except wait, what? Castagne????

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

This is a huge concern of mine. He will have been looking closely at our academy talent and will know what it takes to get them. 

We need to be very firm on this - any players he wants to take with him leave on our terms

Whilst our Academy is decent Chelsea are levels above

They have their own Alves , Braybrooke , Nelson so no need to spend millions but it is Chelsea we are speaking about so who knows 

• Like 1

I want Leicester to react quickly. We love a holiday though. I don't expect anything for a few weeks at least. They are probably just about arranging a meeting for candidates list. Expect a long, drawn out process. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Really glad he has gone.  Thanks for getting up Enzo, but your football was 💤 to watch!

But did he get us up .... or was it the players meeting that dragged us over the finish line 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Hardly a mess of a squad. Most, nearly all, teams in the division would've loved the squad and budget we had.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Hardly a mess of a squad. Most, nearly all, teams in the division would've loved the squad and budget we had.

Yep.

I reckon we had a second eleven capable of making the play-offs.

33 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

But did he get us up .... or was it the players meeting that dragged us over the finish line 

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that players' meetings were a regular occurrence during the Pearson era...

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm referring to their ability to work as a team. As mentioned, on paper, it's a phenomenal squad/ budget, but that means nothing if the wrong bloke comes in and can't get them playing to his tune.

• Like 1

Can we all agree that his in game management was woeful? 

The style he’s adopted is modern football. It works as you can’t lose if you have the ball.

It‘s more like a game of chess, however people aren’t paying £100 a ticket to watch chess.

I don’t think the Chelsea fans will take to him, like they didn’t to Sarri. 

• Like 4

I also wouldn’t disagree with anyone who said had we not got promoted by the skin of our teeth; he’d have been sacked. 

43 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Guess I need to change my work computer password.

Nob head.

Didn’t know you could use a space in a password?!?

and why does a stuntman need a computer 

• Haha 2

I suspect he does have what it takes to be a successful manager in the long run.

The long run does not exist at Chelsea.

This should be interesting.

In more important news, we'll shortly know if our board is finally getting their act together, or if they are just casting about in unprepared and reactive fashion. 

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

I suspect he does have what it takes to be a successful manager in the long run.

The long run does not exist at Chelsea.

This should be interesting.

In more important news, we'll shortly know if our board is finally getting their act together, or if they are just casting about in unprepared and reactive fashion. 

The only thing with Chelsea is that getting sacked from there shouldn't effect your long term prospects as it's a given. He'll probably last a season then end up at a upper sized Italian or Spanish club for a longer period.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisWalken456 said:

I'm only thinking in terms of the points deduction and no money to spend, if rumours are to be believed anyway. Would need a miracle to stay up.

Bring back Stowell 

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I just feel p*ssed off that we are losing a lot of backroom staff... Enzo's taking 5 with him.

I can't really see the board bothering to replace them

Aren't the ones going the ones he brought with him anyway? This is part of the deal these days as they have their own teams.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't stick our necks out and retain our own staff when we brought him in.  Think most of us wanted rid of Stowel and Sadler, but it would have been better if we said that we must have some of our own coaches in the mix and replaced them, especially as Enzo was a complete unknown risk. Losing Knudsen (set piece coach) was a real kick in the teeth because it took so long to get him, he was highly regarded, Enzo didn't have a set piece coach, we were terrible at set pieces, and it's just reported that Enzo was looking to appoint one!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Well I'm going stick my neck out and say that I'm really gutted.

I wanted our club to have an identity, to be looking to play football the way the top clubs do and to embed that style through the club.

Our place in the pecking order has been made clear over the last 4-5 years: we need to develop players and sell them on for a profit, and we need a conveyor belt to keep replacing them. With Seagrave, we have the ideal setup to bring players through and develop them, and we want those players to be coming through ready to slot into a modern system.

Getting relegated was the wake up call we needed for a fresh start. We needed a manager to come in at that point who to come in who lives and breathes the club, buys into the project and will grow with us, getting young players in the system and through the team. Stage 1 was getting that style into the club, signing some players to play that way and getting promoted. Stage 2 was surviving a year with points deductions. Stage 3 was kicking on.

I thought we had the right manager who had bought into our project - had ticked off stage 1, and I was excited for where the journey was going to take us. This was a pivotal year coming up, and the displays from this year against Bournemouth and Southampton game me good reason to be optimistic. He is not immune from criticism, but it was his first full year in management, so his journey was a good fit with our journey as a club.

(I'm not even sure I blame him for going. The chance to manage one of Europe's top  biggest richest clubs is the pinnacle of the job: with a nice pay rise and a pay-off when it goes wrong, and (somehow) no threat of points deduction.)

But I'm gutted he's gone and that we need to start over with another new manager and work out what players we now need to fit his system. At least it is not mid-season. I'm not going to change anyone's opinion as the usual anti-whoever our manager opinion is coming through so strong, but just wanted someone to stick up for what we was doing here.

que... If it wasn't for the players meeting we would still be in the championship kek