Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Aren't the ones going the ones he brought with him anyway? This is part of the deal these days as they have their own teams.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't stick our necks out and retain our own staff when we brought him in.  Think most of us wanted rid of Stowel and Sadler, but it would have been better if we said that we must have some of our own coaches in the mix and replaced them, especially as Enzo was a complete unknown risk. Losing Knudsen (set piece coach) was a real kick in the teeth because it took so long to get him, he was highly regarded, Enzo didn't have a set piece coach, we were terrible at set pieces, and it's just reported that Enzo was looking to appoint one!

Feel the same about Knudsen......Enzo's already got a set piece coach waiting for him at Chelsea in Bernardo Cueva, who's highly regarded so he doesn't have to bring his own in. @Ric Flair did say yesterday Enzo was going to bring some Italian in the summer had he stayed at Leicester aswell. 

Enzo will also have 2 goal keeping coaches....the one he's taking with him and the one who's already at Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’ll just repeat my earlier comment on a different thread:

I think he’s extremely lucky to be landing this job. 

After the loss to Plymouth his stock was very low, the run of form, stubbornness and consistently being out managed by average football league coaches was really quite tragic. 

The characters in the squad stepped up and we got over the line. 

The West Brom and Southampton games got it done and were not Enzo-ball. 

Ciao. 

Hope the new manager brings a full coaching staff with him, Enzo certainly lacked that too. 

Where was the characters in the squad when we was playing Plymouth or do we blame Enzo for the losses and congratulate the players on the wins

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

After the loss to Plymouth his stock was very low, the run of form, stubbornness and consistently being out managed by average football league coaches was really quite tragic. 

Ciao. 

Hope the new manager brings a full coaching staff with him, Enzo certainly lacked that too. 

I think he knows and and its probably why he couldn't turn it down..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d imagine there’s an arrangement in place where we want to announce his departure first, so that Chelsea can then announce his arrival. Thoughts?

im wondering if we are waiting until we can secure a replacement ourselves..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d imagine there’s an arrangement in place where we want to announce his departure first, so that Chelsea can then announce his arrival. Thoughts?

No

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Most clubs media teams announce at exactly the same time by scheduling.

Don't think we will break from that.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Where was the characters in the squad when we was playing Plymouth or do we blame Enzo for the losses and congratulate the players on the wins

Blame Daka for that one :D

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ciao. 

it’s remarkable how fickle football is. Had we lost to west brom or the other teams had not also collapsed, then we easily could have fluffed it. he would be lucky to still be at leicester, nevermind getting a big 6 job. 

Obviously overall, we were the best team. But what’s interesting at big clubs, is that expectations are so high that you don’t get forgiven for losing games like plymouth and millwall. 

If chelsea were to lose to ipswich and forest back to back he’d be close to getting fired. 

I do rate him, he does some things exceptionally and he does have a big club personality.  But it could easily go the way of ange if teams suss out how to play against him. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's quite funny Enzo was given a tactical master class by Neil Harris ffs. 

To be honest once he's gone he can **** himself along with anyone else who leaves our great club. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He is currently a decent manager, to suggest otherwise is extremely disingenuous, but he is also very inexperienced. Do I think Chelsea saw something in him that would suggest a fledgling great manager? Not especially, but I think his naivety was part of the reason he was selected.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm really surprised that Chelsea didn't go for Cambiasso, everyone seems to think he's so good on here. 

Wouldn’t surprise me with how top jobs are being given out these days to be honest. There again he hasn’t been in the same room that Pep farts in yet so will be overlooked I guess 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Collymore said:

10 threads on this already deleted tonight.

If it's not confirmed by Morrison's night shift manager at Chelsea Village Express, then there shouldn't be a thread. 

Forum ownership may really want Enzo to stay, but its futile, he is leaving the club, deleting threads wont stop it.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

I think I’m in the majority here when I say I’m very much in two minds about him.

When I think of some of the games last season I think , genius. Aways at Sunderland, Southampton at home, Preston away, Stoke away, Norwich away - some absolutely fantastic performances where he could do no wrong.

Then I think of the turgid home defeats, those games he kept playing Daka for him to miss chances, the defeats at Plymouth and Millwall and I think , stubborn Manager with no plan B, picking his favourites, sticking to a philosophy of pass pass pass even if it doesn’t grant you results. 

For every kick off routine that sometimes enraged me (Winks and whoever pas pass pass pass 2 yards to each other and then back to the centre back WHY??!) im then reminded of the admiration of a sublime move from back to front, ending with a superb team goal (Watford away- everyone involved, Blackburn away- counter attack fast move finished off by a Vardy roof of the net finish). It really is hard to know how good/average Enzo is. 

He saved JJ and Ricardo’s LCFC seasons- never putting them through the pressure of week in week out full back responsibilities whereby we know they would have inevitably been injured. But he equally ruined Tom Cannon’s season- how did that lad not deserve a chance after his impressive run over Christmas when Vardy was out and the others were at AFCON? Would he really have missed all those chances Daka did that could have been so costly?

Enzo may go on to become a huge success as a Manager, but even if he’d stayed with us, I don’t think he would have done so here. Next season feels like we need more pragmatism, more of an attack minded approach to games maybe. He isn’t that guy. Maybe it isn’t a bad thing he’s off; the cash we hope means we don’t have to sell someone like KDH, our heartbeat. 

I hope the board go all out and get Graham Potter now. I feel he’s the one who can keep us up and build us back up again. 

Very well said. I think that probably captures where a lot of us are at. After Millwall and Plymouth defeats, where winning both would have basically sealed promotion (with hindsight), my old man rang me and said he was on the verge of packing it all in - that’s a supporter of over 50 years. It was was shambolic, disgraceful, but I feel would have been the norm this coming season - ie no plan B.

Enzo probably knew it as well, particularly as it also feels like he’s going to claim he was mislead with the state of the finances. BTW that also feels very naive - surely he would have done due diligence and just read the room a little bit. It was always obvious to us we’d be in trouble.

A lot of us here, and the press, have suggested it was Vardy and the players who got us over the line. I’m inclined to agree. So thanks Enzo for the start of last season and up until just after Christmas into the new year. After that we got worked out and it was dog shit for a while.