Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Maresca agrees to join Chelsea

3 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

But when teams cottoned on and didn’t even attempt to press that doesn’t work. Faes and Vetstagaard walked to the halfway line and did the same just higher up and in more congested areas.

We had plenty of chances to open up teams that played these tactics if the defence played the ball out quickly.  Not long ball but a quick pass to wingers waving their arms unmarked in space. Instead they repeated the same pattern of play over and over getting the same result. 

Wouldn't have made no difference what so ever, if the team comes to defend which most teams do when playing teams at the top of the league then what else can do we, wingers waving there hands lol wtf

Anyone else now sick of the press banging on about this and seeing Enzo's face everywhere. The press know the contract, they're talking about the signings he'll make and tactics when technically he's still a LCFC manager until the club officially announced it. 

Just getting bored of seeing his face on my news feeds, apps...just get it to the official stage so everyone can move on and we can plan for next season as soon as possible 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bob666 said:

Enzo's waiting to see if Real Madrid get beaten tonight as it could be a better opportunity if Ancelotti gets the sack 🤔 

That's a valid point, and probably why Stevie Cooper hasn't committed too.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Anyone else now sick of the press banging on about this and seeing Enzo's face everywhere. The press know the contract, they're talking about the signings he'll make and tactics when technically he's still a LCFC manager until the club officially announced it. 

Just getting bored of seeing his face on my news feeds, apps...just get it to the official stage so everyone can move on and we can plan for next season as soon as possible 

Wouldn’t it be really, really weird, if this all fell apart and he rejected them now :P

On 01/06/2024 at 21:39, Trent Steel said:

he'll share the same fate as Poch this season, maybe worse.  watch this space, probably wont even last till christmas

He’ll more likely finish top four. He’s taking on a team who have come to form at the end of the season on a winning run… we know a little about this after the great escape!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’ll more likely finish top four. He’s taking on a team who have come to form at the end of the season on a winning run… we know a little about this after the great escape!

You haven't factored in the complete system change and how long it will take them to adapt. I already read something about him not letting Enzo F go to the Olympics as he sees him as the key cog in his system so needs him to do a full preseason with the squad.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

The strange thing for me is that so many claim they hated his style, despised his approach and felt there was no plan b yet seem to be so bitter he seems to be moving on. Strange really shouldn’t they be celebrating?

Someone started a thread the other day along the lines that there is no loyalty in football nowadays. Other than the odd player, the very very odd HC or manager there really hasn’t ever been. Most in truth want the biggest buck they can earn or want to play or manage/ coach  at the highest level their abilities allow.

Will he succeed at Chelsea? None of us have a clue ? Will he play the in the same style ? Time will tell but the players he is inheriting are by and large younger, certainly faster and many technically superior that will make a difference 

Time to simply move on accepting that money talks and simply accept that if Chelsea go after a player a manager the chances are they will get him just like if Leicester want a player a HC they, Leicester,  won’t think twice about the impact of that persons current club the focus is fully on what’s good for Leicester.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

You haven't factored in the complete system change and how long it will take them to adapt. I already read something about him not letting Enzo F go to the Olympics as he sees him as the key cog in his system so needs him to do a full preseason with the squad.

Nah, gotta agree with Nick on this one. These players will adapt quite quickly to how Maresca wants them to play, I suspect. And as much as I think they got on well with Poch, they’ll be ok with Enzo.

I see they are probably in for McAtee. Typical ‘Enzo’ type player that one. 
Chelsea could have a good season unfortunately 

15 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

That’s why a full pre season is so important but Enzo not going to the Olympics was from what I read made weeks ago and certainly from what I read about Chelsea’s off field structure won’t have been Poch or indeed any potential HCs decision 

30 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He is meticulous, will carry on doing his long days and will learn everything about everyone so they will love him. He has all preseason and it’s a team of internationals and players who have played in many setups. Their shiniest superstar has already played under him at city. It’s not going to take them long to adapt. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

He is meticulous, will carry on doing his long days and will learn everything about everyone so they will love him. He has all preseason and it’s a team of internationals and players who have played in many setups. Their shiniest superstar has already played under him at city. It’s not going to take them long to adapt. 

Gillem stated that in Enzos interview he knew everything about the under 21 Chelsea squad as well as the first team so your probably right.

We (i mean me!) maybe bitter about the outcome and want him to get the sack by xmas but your probably right about how meticulous he is

I think it's probably slightly overstated how involved Tod is. I don't think Poch would of lasted 5 minutes if he was as controlling as he supposedly is.

Think it's just a good line for the media to spin as everyone laps it up.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Downside - status quo remains and we'll continue on a downwards trajectory.

Plus side, fingers crossed I get to see over lapping full backs again.

The latter part will require serious priority this summer. Enzo saved Justin's and Ricardo's careers by using them thr way he did. I'm not sure either have the resilience to play that way any longer and not in the PL.

So we could possibly need 2-3 new full backs, to go with needing 3 new CM's, at least 1 new CB, 2 wingers and a striker. 

Ouch.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Two of those spaces have already gone, lets be honest, considering how good Manchester City and Arsenal are.

It then depends on how Liverpool are under new management and if Manchester United improve. It could be a good time to go to Chelsea in that regards. 

I would think that Villa will tail off, maybe top 6 but not top 4 again.

But hopefully Chelsea fail and don't finish top 6, let alone top 4.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The latter part will require serious priority this summer. Enzo saved Justin's and Ricardo's careers by using them thr way he did. I'm not sure either have the resilience to play that way any longer and not in the PL.

So we could possibly need 2-3 new full backs, to go with needing 3 new CM's, at least 1 new CB, 2 wingers and a striker. 

Ouch.

They can share the load on the right and the sweet blonde prince VK can handle the left :D

Just now, Fox92 said:

Two of those spaces have already gone, lets be honest, considering how good Manchester City and Arsenal are.

It then depends on how Liverpool are under new management and if Manchester United improve. It could be a good time to go to Chelsea in that regards. 

I would think that Villa will tail off, maybe top 6 but not top 4 again.

But hopefully Chelsea fail and don't finish top 6, let alone top 4.

Gonna be a real tough ask for the smaller clubs that have qualified for Europe.

8 league games and then if you finish between 9th and 24th you'll have to play an extra 2 qualifying legs to make it to the last 16.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Has he fvcked off yet? Really am fed up with this now.

Just want the club to start moving on now.

All done and dusted today I imagine. We probably still have no clue who we are really after but I imagine it will be some sort of exponent of possession based nonsense. If we have an ounce of sense it will be someone who can also handle the Championship. I have the feeling our decline hasn’t ended yet and we will need several miracles to avoid relegation.  It’s possible and stranger things have happened. 

Edited by ARM1968

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Gillem stated that in Enzos interview he knew everything about the under 21 Chelsea squad as well as the first team so your probably right.

We (i mean me!) maybe bitter about the outcome and want him to get the sack by xmas but your probably right about how meticulous he is

I don't think there will be any issues around him being able to setup how he wants - he will find the players and those he focuses will all buy in.

The problem will be all the other top earning players who won't get a look in. 

And then there is rest of the basketcase club that will see clashes of egos and personalities. Its not going to be easy.

• Like 1