Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

New Backroom staff

Posted (edited)

It's easy to forget it's not just the main man that goes, it's almost a complete overhaul of all the coaching staff that changes when a manager leaves. 

We know with NFP and MON how important backroom staff and assistants are so I thought this would be a good place to discuss the potential backroom staff that would accompany the next manager. 

If god forbid it's Cooper, I've found the following information . First three listed left with Cooper and then further down some stayed. 

Just shows you how confusing it is because Cooper looks like had half of staff leave with him and half stay!

• Alan Tate (Assistant): Worked on first-team staff under Cooper at Swansea City and joined him at Forest in September 2021.
  • Danny Alcock (Goalkeeper Coach): Worked with Cooper for the England U17s before moving to Forest in September 2021.
  • Dave Tivey (Head of Physical Performance): Worked with Cooper for England U17s and Swansea City before joining Forest.

Meanwhile, the club have announced that three of Cooper’s assistants will be staying on under Nuno:

• Steven Reid (First Team Coach): Former Republic of Ireland international took a sabbatical to be a wellbeing and confidence coach in 2022/23 before returning to join Cooper’s staff in summer.
  • Steve Rands (Head of Analysis): Linked up with Cooper at Swansea and moved with him to Forest in 2021. One of the most experience analysts in English football.
  • Andy Reid (First-Team Coach): Appointed to first-team staff in August 2022 after 18 months as U23s Head Coach. Forest said there would be discussions over the festive period about Reid's role.

A number of other staff will stay on under Nuno, including Set Piece Coach Simon Rusk, who only joined the club last week. Head of Performance Alek Gross, who joined in the summer, will also remain.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What is it's not Cooper?

All this research for nothing.

It wasn't a 10 month dissertation on particle physics finding that out.

I really hope I'm wrong but I have a very worrying feeling it will be Cooper. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Apart from a face only a mother could love, what is so bad about Cooper ? 

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I just want us to get an actual dedicated set piece coach

Enzo's already got one within his team of 8 at Chelsea... Bernardo Cueva a highly regarded set piece coach at his disposal.

Enzo was already going to bring one in this summer if he'd stayed at Leicester aswell 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I just want us to get an actual dedicated set piece coach

We had one and ended up being relegated with the worst set piece record in the league.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We had one and ended up being relegated with the worst set piece record in the league.

To be fair to Knudsen, a lot of the damage was done prior to his arrival. Bit unfair to pin that on him, imho. From what I can recall we improved slightly at defending set-pieces after he joined, but it's fair to say his impact wasn't massive.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

To be fair to Knudsen, a lot of the damage was done prior to his arrival. Bit unfair to pin that on him, imho. From what I can recall we improved slightly at defending set-pieces after he joined, but it's fair to say his impact wasn't massive.

Yeah we did improve defending them but were and still are bloody awful at attacking set pieces. Can’t remember the last time we were a threat, maybe with Maguire and Wes at the back? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Collymore said:

:mad:

8b0b844a4f5d35d2519c50b5205bb12d.jpg

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...