Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

New Backroom staff

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

He's literally just retired from playing with next to no practical coaching experience. I'd agree in a few years, we need a tried and tested first team caoch here to keep us up, as much as we love Andy King this is a big no no. Club Ambassor in the exec boxes maybe....

Willy Caballero was part of the set up last year, no different really. He wouldn't be our only coach would he

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I was not suggesting a first team coach!!! I realise he has just retired from playing and started his badges I think? Just to have him around the place and learning here.

Yeh doing his badges. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yeh doing his badges. 

He's done them and was player coach at Bristol. 

Equally moved back to the area so I'm expecting him to be involved in some capacity even if it's the youth setup.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

I heard through the grapevine that Kingy will be part of Cooper’s staff, would probably help with keeping the changing room on side with the transition period of losing essentially all the first team footballing staff from last season. 

Would make a lot of sense and score a few points.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/09/21/report-nottingham-forest-open-talks-with-pep-segura/

A new Technical Director, to work with our new HEAD COACH? He came close at Forest 2 years ago.

Wikipedia says Segura was Cooper's, "main influence". He ended as Barca's Director of Football, until 2019, so has some pedigree.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/09/21/report-nottingham-forest-open-talks-with-pep-segura/

A new Technical Director, to work with our new HEAD COACH? He came close at Forest 2 years ago.

Wikipedia says Segura was Cooper's, "main influence". He ended as Barca's Director of Football, until 2019, so has some pedigree.

I thought it strange that Cooper's job title is Head Coach (have we had one before ?), rather than Manager - made me think we might be considering appointing a Technical (or Sporting) Director.  I don't know what Rudders would think of that though - he might worry his job's under threat !

Edited by bald reynard

28 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I thought it strange that Cooper's job title is Head Coach (have we had one before ?), rather than Manager - made me think we might be considering appointing a Technical (or Sporting) Director.  I don't know what Rudders would think of that though - he might worry his job's under threat !

Our own website has referred to him as being our 1st team manager.

• Like 1

We need a mixture of experience and highly rated young coaches. Mix new ideas and enthusiasm with know how. 

Enzo, I think is a good coach and we need that again. He had different ideas, different coaching techniques to keep people motivated in training. We need to keep that going. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Whats the obsession with Andy King being a coach? Has he even got his badges yet? I want the best bloke for the job especially when it comes to the under 21s manager in developing players, not the sympathy vote

Yes he has got his coaching badges and had been involved with coaching at Bristol City. Given he is a superb professional and his affinity with the club I think a lot of fans see that he would be a good asset to have at the club in some sort of coaching capacity, be that with the 1st team or with the academy. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tommy G said:

He's literally just retired from playing with next to no practical coaching experience. I'd agree in a few years, we need a tried and tested first team caoch here to keep us up, as much as we love Andy King this is a big no no. Club Ambassor in the exec boxes maybe....

Pretty sure he was performing dual player/coach roles at Bristol City for at least two years and has been doing his coaching badges etc - so he’s not exactly a novice.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Who wouldn't wants a club legend who wants to be coach, loves the club, is a consummate professional, would expect little from us for a coaching perspective except an opportunity, would be an excellent presence around Seagrave and may become a decent coach.

This is not a pity signing, its an opportunity to get what could be a potentially good coach at the ground floor of their development.

The problem comes when people expect miracles from such an ex-player joining, and anyway he would only be a junior in the coaching team you imagine.

Loving the club doesnt make you a good coach or Lampard would of been the best manager in the world at Chelsea. No problem with him earning his stripes as a coach in the youth levels like Lee Tomlin is doing but absoultley should not be considered as under 21 manager like some people have suggested

Edited by South Shire Fox

Just now, floz said:

Yes, a clever near post corner I remember.

Thought I wasn't dreaming. 

Set pieces are so important in the PL both the back and offensively, good at both and you have a much better chance of staying up. 

After being apathetic about the appointment I think Cooper could be the shot in the arm the club needs. 

• Like 1