Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kienan dewsbury croc

The hierarchy at Leicester do u trust them yes or no

Agree yes or no   

226 members have voted

1. 1. Here’s ur chance to vote

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)

Nope and I don't trust them to change anything to properly sort the club out in the multiple areas it needs it either, especially at the top level (Rudkin)

I think the only way we are going to get that change is by them selling up

Edited by moore_94

Guest Col city fan
21 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

Wouldn't trust them to look after penny sweets never mind a million pound football club. 

Can you still get penny sweets?

Last time I looked they were all about 10p each! Fookin Tories.. 😉

On 01/06/2024 at 09:50, Nolucklcfc said:

Absolutely not. The lack of genuine football knowledge at board level is really concerning. They don’t engage with fans, zero interest in anything other than keeping happy clappers happy. 

This is my main issue now, lack of football nous.  Not hot on the finances either.

• Like 1

I do feel that they maybe have blinkers on and are not in touch with the reality of the situation. We need a manager that can stabilise us for a few seasons and keep us in the EPL. Yes I understand we need a long term plan and vision to get back to the days of top 8 finishes but realistic that won't happen for the foreseeable future, so we now need to shift to a short/medium term plan. We need a manager who knows how to grind out results. Make us a team who are scrappy and hard to play against. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

No Manager

No backroom staff

Not sure who's in or out of the squad

No season ticket clarity

No new stadium developments news

No clarity on club sponsor

No new kit

No safe standing

No clarity on potential points deductions charges (x3!)

.....apart from that, I have full confidence in the hierarchy!      :ph34r:

Quite the charge sheet 

• Like 1

I have a bit of an unusual answer. I sort of both trust them and don't trust them at the same time.

Top's heart is definitely in the right place. He celebreated winning the title more than any of the players! I also think one of the reasons we've been foul of FFP is because he has been trying to push the club in terms of competiveness and gambled a bit too much.

Wheelan has improved club commercials and seems pretty competent overall, though I have heard that behind the scenes she is not liked by that many. But I think she could easily walk into a CEO level job for pretty much any company in the UK, she is very highly thought of.

Rudkin gets correctly slated on here, but I think in terms of overall operations he's actually not that bad. E.g. the academy, getting deals done. But he's NOT a Director of Football, which IMO is one of the biggest problems with the club. We need someone like Txiki Begiristain at Man City, Michael Edwards at Liverpool, etc. We wouldn't be able to attract someone that good, but that we don't have the role at all is the bigger crime. Specifically this person would develop a football strategy for the entire club from academy to senior level, with progression paths set out, etc. This would make for smoother transitions between managers, being more in touch with fans, etc.

Last season after relegation, the club acted quickly. We had Maresca in before Russel Martin and Daniel Farke and signed Winks and Coady quickly. And we ended up as Champions even if there were some slip ups along the way. So though getting relegated was unforgivable, we did actually have a good plan and good execution to correct the mistake. The club has also won the league and FA Cup, and 2 Championship titles, so that gives me some belief and trust that the hierarchy isn't totally usless, they just think they are better than they are.

My peeve with the hierarchy is the disdain for fans. Communication is awful and it often feels like they actively try to push out anyone that has ideas on how to improve things for the fans, or trying to build a connection. I actually have a feeling this comes from Wheelan who wants to package up LCFC as a product to be consumed rather than as a connection between fans and club. And that's too bad, because seeing the Dortmund fans in London and at the Champions League final made me really jealous. That's what a proper club looks like.

• Like 3

Two points:

1) Can we clarify who the "hierarchy" refers to - Top is owner, Rudkin - Director of Football, Whelan - Chief Executive. As a collective I would say I have my doubts but not sure what %age of blame they get each.

2) I assume we must "trust" as in are they doing or can they do a good job going forward - rather than any question about their motivation or character.

Also: Is there any forum at which any of these people set out the plan, how they see things? It does feel like it's a bit of a silent wall and maybe that is part of the problem.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the ticket debacle and the upcoming appointment of Steve Cooper it has to be a NO. There is only one place this club is going at present, its downwards. 

Who takes us over I dont know, lets face nobody really wants club at a provincial city in the Midlands. We have to set expectations. No rich Qatari is coming in for us. 

Lying to managers. Damaging the reputation of the club. Getting us relegated to save face. Treating fans like criminals. Ignoring fan voice. Taxing fans. Raising ticket prices to horrific levels. Using the club as some kind of rewards venture for people detached from not only our city but our entire culture.

It's amazing - staggering even - how slowly but assuredly we've walked into this. Suddenly, you take stock of things and think : this club actually doesn't want me - a supporter of 30 years - at the ground. They think I'm a criminal in waiting and hold me in contempt. Death by a thousand cuts.

After these last few seasons I can't think of a club-led piece of activity that hasn't left me feeling jaded and distant.

We can't MAKE KP leave but I think recent developments have really damaged my opinion of the way that the club is ran and who it's ran by to the point that I would support any fan-led efforts to remove them from the club.

As fans - we were here before KP. We were here before this stadium, in most cases. We deserve SO much better than to watch community members be priced out of watching our football club EVEN if we can afford it ourselves. We should be demanding better.

51 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

They always say be careful what you wish for - King Power could go and we could end up with someone even worse, but tbh I think the relationship has massively soured in the last couple of years.

This line of thinking has, in my opinion, allowed the careful and calculated erosion of the supporter conditions.

They aren't stupid people. They'll know that we've had unprecedented success and they will be using that goodwill to extract as much profit as possible (which is their prerogative) but also they're using it now as a weapon against supporters. The ST waiting list is - and they KNOW this - long, so they can treat us like criminals and know someone will take our place. They didn't have that luxury in 2014 when they couldn't sell them all. They KNOW that supporters want to attend games and there's demand. Stick excessive pricing on the tickets and we only want the nice, behaved, wealthy fans getting those tickets. They didn't have that luxury in 2009 when they ground wasn't even close to selling out.

It's intentional. It's deliberate. It's awful. For that reason - no more.