Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kienan dewsbury croc

The hierarchy at Leicester do u trust them yes or no

Agree yes or no   

226 members have voted

1. 1. Here’s ur chance to vote

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I trust them absolutely - to do things in their interest and not the fans, to communicate abysmally, and to continue holding the truth back from managers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

The hierarchy took us from League 1 to the prem, to prem champions, to FA Cup winners, signing top players for very little, Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Kante ( etc). In general, manager appointments have succeeded ( Pearson, Ranieri, Brendan ( until his EGO took over) Maresca. As a club we have achieved so much more since my son was born (he's 17) than I remember (I'm  53) bar the O' Neill years. I think we felt the risk to invest was fairly safe given we were competing in Europe and finishing 5th - 8th in the prem. I think we got a bit unlucky when some players didn't work out but nobody complained with our ambition at the time. I think relegation with the team we had was a failure of coaching mixed with some bad luck. World cup in winter when we were on a roll, that Maddison penalty miss vs Everton) . Lack of investment due to failing to get european footy and trying to meet FFP requirements should have led to a lower mid table finish at worse, not relegation and I think we recruited well with manager and players to get straight back up. So all in all, having watched the most successful spell since the 60s, yes I think  I should trust the hierarchy despite everyone loving to hate them. Mistakes made? Yes but all in the name of ambition and nobody complained at the signings that didn't work out until things went wrong. I think we have become a bit short sighted and forgot to remember just how well we have done lately vs the whole140 years. Not popular maybe but....

Not for me Clive. They weren't involved with us in League One whatsoever. At the arse end of the following season they sacked a manager who'd just got us into the Championship play-offs before grovelling to have him back after a pair of glamorous mistakes. 

You simply can't put the current mess at the door of bad luck I'm afraid. Us being a bit middling before shouldn't make them impervious to criticism either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not for me Clive. They weren't involved with us in League One whatsoever. At the arse end of the following season they sacked a manager who'd just got us into the Championship play-offs before grovelling to have him back after a pair of glamorous mistakes. 

You simply can't put the current mess at the door of bad luck I'm afraid. Us being a bit middling before shouldn't make them impervious to criticism either. 

Maybe let's just be Crystal palace eh. Fester in prem mid table, take no risks, be pretty much assured the prem bar the odd fright but little more, little less. I'm not blaming it all on bad luck, but it played a part. I'm just not one for throwing blame and prefer a more balanced view. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

As a whole since 2010 and particularly since 2014 the success has been far more than most of us could have imagined. 

• Like 1

Tops to busy having a jolly with his Thai mates abroad while clueless inept Rudkin and Whelan do nothing. 

What we need is real men with footballing knowledge and business acumen at Leicester.

Previously we Pearson, Walsh etc etc running the show and it compensated the owners who lacked the footballing knowledge 

Just now, Bagworthblue said:

Maybe let's just be Crystal palace eh. Fester in prem mid table, take no risks, be pretty much assured the prem bar the odd fright but little more, little less. I'm not blaming it all on bad luck, but it played a part. I'm just not one for throwing blame and prefer a more balanced view. 

Yeah of course, me having an issue with the mess of the past ~3 years means I want to "fester in mid table" 

I have little issue with us trying to capitalise on our position (wreckless as it clearly was). But we signed no one from 2021 - relegation who notably improved our first team? And, seemingly, no one has been held accountable for that? The most expensive / highest paid squad to drop did, and you're pinning it on bad luck? A.Poster on here could see Rodgers going as late as February keeps us up. 

I'm not vehemently anti-King Power and I can't dispute the good they've done, they've obviously been broadly great for us — but if you blindly trust the current board, the current set up, and label it "balanced" then I don't know what to say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

As a whole since 2010 and particularly since 2014 the success has been far more than most of us could have imagined. 

And? My dad is 70+, has been to three cup finals to see us lose, has appreciated every single great thing the ownership has done but again, can still appreciate that currently, it's a mess.

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Tops to busy having a jolly with his Thai mates abroad while clueless inept Rudkin and Whelan do nothing. 

What we need is real men with footballing knowledge and business acumen at Leicester.

Previously we Pearson, Walsh etc etc running the show and it compensated the owners who lacked the footballing knowledge 

But where we they when we won the Prem, FA Cup and finished 5th twice which whilst not 4th is much higher than we have finished on average in 140 years. It's easy to throw blame when unhappy and forget prior successes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

And? My dad is 70+, has been to three cup finals to see us lose, has appreciated every single great thing the ownership has done but again, can still appreciate that currently, it's a mess.

That is why said since 2010 as a whole

It's a no from me. Our early success is primary due to the vision and planning of Vichai. Rudkin's only got where he has by arse kissing and Top comes across as very naive.

• Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure what that changes with your initial point tbh.

That the ownership has delivered across their time compared to what went before and to clubs similar size to us. 

Fact is since Vichai passed everything from the top down has given the impression of the blind leading the blind. We don’t know the inner workings of the club but we do know some horrific mistakes have been made since we won the FA cup, truly terrible leadership and seemingly no idea whatsoever from anyone.

• Like 1

Too early in this window to say for sure. 

They 100% definitely gave Brendan Rodgers far too much influence to change some of the club's key footballing philosophies, in particular we let his influence really damage our squad building. 

But Enzo was a smart piece of recruitment as was almost every player we signed last summer. 

If we replace Enzo with another good appointment and make the best out of a bad financial situation to salvage a decent window this year then I don't know that there's too much to complain about. 

If we start the season with an extremely underwhelming squad managed by Steve Cooper then it's time for heads to roll. 

And if we're seriously even entertaining Oscar Garcia then frankly I've lost hope.