Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

Interesting thing the hardest game for Scotland will be Swiss game i think, Germany theres no pressure as everyone expects the hosts to do well, but based on previous tournaments Germany have looked a shadow of themselves. I think the Germans will do better this time, but far from being tournament winners at present.

• Like 1

We've worked so hard to build a reputation of being a half decent team but now that we get the chance to show it, a few bad injuries and a complete lack of a good striker is going to see us struggle to give a good account of ourselves. 

• Like 1

Think I'm more excited by Tommy Conway being in the squad than I was for Ben Doak. We need to unearth a prolific goalscorer and this lad has the chance to nail that spot down. 

Posted (edited)

Lewis Morgan. Added to the squad now too. Makes a bit more sense. We don't play wingers but we have an option for each side if we need it. He is in good form in the MLS too. 

Edited by Scotch

I've been drinking my Irn-Bru like its going out of fashion, thinking I might get some of this 'Optimism' stuff, but in reality I'm just left with uncomfortable gas and a familiar feeling of impending disappointment and a bad case of the  'Poor old Scotland.. valiant in defeat!!' nonsense!!

Oh well.. I'll take the high road............

6 hours ago, ScotFox1 said:

I've been drinking my Irn-Bru like its going out of fashion, thinking I might get some of this 'Optimism' stuff, but in reality I'm just left with uncomfortable gas and a familiar feeling of impending disappointment and a bad case of the  'Poor old Scotland.. valiant in defeat!!' nonsense!!

Oh well.. I'll take the high road............

Agreed. 

Immediately following the qualification, I was definately optimistic for a decent showing but how we've looked since and the rotten run of injuries... I think we'll be lucky to finish the group on 2 points. 

32 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Agreed. 

Immediately following the qualification, I was definately optimistic for a decent showing but how we've looked since and the rotten run of injuries... I think we'll be lucky to finish the group on 2 points. 

Two points!!!  Sounds like you've hit the Bru yourself.. hard 😆

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

Hungary are a potential dark horse for me*

Which means they’ll lose all three games. 

Same for me too. Impressive in qualifying. Eyes on Szoboszlai as well to see how he performs.

On 12/06/2024 at 12:51, ScotFox1 said:

At Heathrow T2 this morning.. Tartan Army is out in 

Wetherspoons Terminal 5 at the moment is absolutely heaving with fans heading on any flight available to Germany and the surrounding area. 

• Like 1

Seems like the estimate of up to 200,000 Scotland supporters travelling to Munich might not be too wide of the mark

What an effort!!   Let's hope the beer doesn't run out!!

Edited by ScotFox1
  • Like 1

I think the 200k is across Germany because Dusseldorf is heaving with fans tonight and the game is in Munich tomorrow. 

Plenty of English fans here too, it's a decent vibe around the Alstadt. 

• Like 1

200K is insane! 
bbc said 43000 English fans have arrived and a sizable Dutch army. 
For the sake of those Scots fans I hope the team can survive past the group stages.

• Like 2

Sneaky feeling this be a 1-1 draw, Germany dominate most of the first half. Despite the dominance half time brings the team deadlocked, second half sees Germany take the lead early in first half. Scotland begin to play after an hour mark and do eventually create some chances and eventually become rewarded by scoring a late equaliser towards the end of the second period. 

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sneaky feeling this be a 1-1 draw, Germany dominate most of the first half. Despite the dominance half time brings the team deadlocked, second half sees Germany take the lead early in first half. Scotland begin to play after an hour mark and do eventually create some chances and eventually become rewarded by scoring a late equaliser towards the end of the second period. 

The most Scottish thing in the world would be a draw against Germany that we could have won, an unlucky defeat against Switzerland, go into the game against Hungary full of hope and get goosed!

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Takes me back to the opening game against Brazil in the 1998 WC which I watched in a pub in Edinburgh.  Early Brazil Goal didn't quell the Awesome atmosphere and after Collins scored it went mental.

Yeah the scots will be taking over, it'll be amazing whether they win lose or draw.

• Like 1