Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

39 minutes ago, Wortho said:

They said on bbc that Scotland had done themselves proud 🤷‍♀️

One point ffs😅😅

They stunk the place out.

BBC and ITV don't dare criticise the Scots "May offend them" :blink: like hell they'd care. Scotland got there own tv stations north of the border, shouldn't be afraid to criticise. Making excuses like lack of quality... for them.. Georgia have less quality players and yet giving more than that and i'm not sure hpw many of their players play in the top four European league's top level. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

BBC and ITV don't dare criticise the Scots "May offend them" :blink: like hell they'd care. Scotland got there own tv stations north of the border, shouldn't be afraid to criticise. Making excuses like lack of quality... for them.. Georgia have less quality players and yet giving more than that and i'm not sure hpw many of their players play in the top four European league's top level. 

Top post 👍

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol The more I watch that Armstrong attempt at cheating the funnier it gets. He has absolutely zero interest in the ball and is just looking to manufacture contact with a defender that was nowhere near him 

Only shame is he didn't get a booking, but rate the ref not buying it. Taylor or Oliver would have been calling it a pen and then it'd have been given by the VAR boys despite how ridiculously exaggerated Armstrong's movements were.

maybe he wanted to get it on his right, nothing un natural about it at all, they was moving at pace and there defender clipped the bit of the leg which will make you fall over.

• Haha 2

...might I suggest that at least a little of the criticism of the Scotland team is based on daft nationalistic enmity rather than being actually legit?

That being said, IMO overall they got what they deserved for the standard of their play in this tournament, which was (next to) nothing.

• Like 3

Would have been more entertaining for a Sweden/ Norway to be in the place of the Scots- atleast  they would have had a shot on target or something.

Steve Clarke should be sacked asap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Would have been more entertaining for a Sweden/ Norway to be in the place of the Scots- atleast  they would have had a shot on target or something.

Steve Clarke should be sacked asap.

Or Bosnia 

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Not a great result tbh. It means we can no longer point to another team performing worse than ours.

France haven't scored a goal yet. 

Also, not many saying Germany are some kind of unstoppable force this morning! 

Just not enough quality in the side. 

Too many important players injured or off form at the wrong time. 

Having a look back at the thread this morning.....some people clearly don't understand football outside of the English bubble created by the EPL, but that's a conversation for another day. 

From a fan point of view, it's been a cracking 2 weeks and I've experienced a tournament like no other. Drank too much, eaten touch etc. 

I feel sorry for the English fans when they travel, they just don't have the same experience like other countries do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

France haven't scored a goal yet. 

Also, not many saying Germany are some kind of unstoppable force this morning! 

But I thought every other decent team in the tournament had been attacking, defending and tactical masterclasses who blew away their really difficult and hard opposition, and it's only England who have been below par??

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

But I thought every other decent team in the tournament had been attacking, defending and tactical masterclasses who blew away their really difficult and hard opposition, and it's only England who have been below par??

England will be harshly treated, just the way it is… however southgate is useless lol 

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol The more I watch that Armstrong attempt at cheating the funnier it gets. He has absolutely zero interest in the ball and is just looking to manufacture contact with a defender that was nowhere near him 

Only shame is he didn't get a booking, but rate the ref not buying it. Taylor or Oliver would have been calling it a pen and then it'd have been given by the VAR boys despite how ridiculously exaggerated Armstrong's movements were.

Was he not offside anyway? 

58 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Just not enough quality in the side. 

Too many important players injured or off form at the wrong time. 

Having a look back at the thread this morning.....some people clearly don't understand football outside of the English bubble created by the EPL, but that's a conversation for another day. 

From a fan point of view, it's been a cracking 2 weeks and I've experienced a tournament like no other. Drank too much, eaten touch etc. 

I feel sorry for the English fans when they travel, they just don't have the same experience like other countries do. 

Because we don't take bagpipes? 

England fans looked to be having a great time from what I witnessed out there. Isolated incidents that the media can't wait to jump on and which are often inaccurate, don't paint the picture of what it's actually like following England.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was he not offside anyway? 

Has it been confirmed? I went down to 0.25 speed and it wasn't conclusive from the still I managed to get.

Either way, when I made my initial point, I hadn't realised the whole offside thing even existed. I'd just watched the slow mo of Armstrong coming to a stop, stepping side ways and cocking his leg up like he was about to take a piss up a fire hydrant :D 

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Because we don't take bagpipes? 

England fans looked to be having a great time from what I witnessed out there. Isolated incidents that the media can't wait to jump on and which are often inaccurate, don't paint the picture of what it's actually like following England.

Bagpipes......🤣

Even the English fans out here that I've been speaking to agree it's a differant experience.