Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 hour ago, Foxy DK said:

Aside from your world class attacking players and our world class defender (Christensen) and much better keeper, England and Denmark look quite similar. I mean, you’ll be 75-85 % favorites against us, but both teams were running the show, scored and let the opponent in the game later on. Both coaches get criticized for not keeping the intensity and subbing too late.

Denmark’s strongest side used to be defense and the solid spine up through midfield, but we’ve been so painfully fragile the last couple of years. Peak Kjaer instead of big Jannik would make me much more confident. I really hope we can make better use of Hojlund’s pace, but I fear you’ll cut through our left side like laser through very slowly flowing melted butter.

Can see it being a real drab game. We'll probably edge it with an individual bit of magic but we certainly won't blow you away

The thought of Saka running at Kristiansen and Vestegaard gives me the absolute fear as a Leicester fan but sheer joy as an England fan. They are the players to target on Thursday. 

Just now, Messi said:

The thought of Saka running at Kristiansen and Vestegaard gives me the absolute fear as a Leicester fan but sheer joy as an England fan. They are the players to target on Thursday. 

I'm almost certain Vestegaard will move into the centre of the 3 on Thursday. No idea why he was on the left in the first game, absolute suicide.

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm almost certain Vestegaard will move into the centre of the 3 on Thursday. No idea why he was on the left in the first game, absolute suicide.

We might play 433 leaving Vesty out. We haven’t looked solid in that formation though. 

• Like 1

Be good to see us go 3-5-1-1 totally dominate the midfield 

Pickford

Walker   Stones.   Gueui

Rice

Saka.  Trent.  Foden.  Bowen

Bellingham 

Kane

On 17/06/2024 at 14:02, Mike1983 said:

Rodgers didn't have the luxury of a £1.1 billion squad. Southgate, on the other hand, is squandering our generational talent.

Yet his tournament record is pretty good. 

You can't really gauge the value of the squad as the PL causes inflated player values.

So many people assume it's easy to win a Euro/WC, but knockout tournaments are notorious in that regard. 

This is a great England squad with a lot of talent, but many sides of similar or higher quality have failed to win.

England have had some great coaches 'fail' in the past with arguably even more standout players, but I'm not surprised England fans point the finger once more at the coach. You never learn...

• Like 1

On 18/06/2024 at 12:34, Messi said:

Kristiansen's best ever game in a City shirt was playing against Saka 

Edited by CosbehFox

Just now, Super_horns said:

Same England  team for tomorrow?

Hopefully get more out of Kane and Foden.

I think he needs to find better balance, Foden in at 10 and Bellingham moves into TAA’s spot… play Gordon on the left. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think he needs to find better balance, Foden in at 10 and Bellingham moves into TAA’s spot… play Gordon on the left. 

Bellingham has to play higher up. No point shifting him back when he's the form player in the side. He gets his goals and influence playing higher up. He shouldn't be sacrificed for Foden. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

More Southgate. Start well, score, sit back and get nervy. The opposition get on the front foot.. Mad last 20 mins trying to defend the lead.

Rinse and repeat.

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

"Leicester boys we are here..."

Looks to be a bit of Stone Island going on there?

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Looks to be a bit of Stone Island going on there?

Screenshot_20240620_062844_SamsungInternet3.thumb.jpg.bcaaa415b04138202acd5d2cc4be903a.jpg

This man is clearly a master of his craft with his classic Badge In stance. 

Insisted on holding the bottom right corner of the flag just to get a perfect stretch of the arm and widen the exposure of the badge. Beautiful.

A solid 8/10. If you are just starting out your Badge In journey, look no further than this. Practice it, perfect it, and you will have the fundamentals to master more advanced Badge In techniques for years to come.