Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We can develop elite players but until we start developing elite manager we aren't going anywhere.

Who was the last elite English manager.

Big Sam.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lionator said:

If we avoid Netherlands on Sunday, we potentially would have a pretty easy run to the final. Something like Ukraine - Italy - Austria - Final 

We deserve a tough draw next.

Part me hopes we get stuffed so I can enjoy the rest of the tournament.:D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Now that is revisionism, we were really defensive for most of that match.

Took our chances and were solid at the back, though. Even if we rode our luck with Muller (ironically) not putting it in the corner.

I've got a funny feeling we can't play any worse and might actually squeak our way through to the later stages.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

It is generally incredible the pure and utter incompetence of this big nose twat. Consistently picking unbalanced teams with players that never play in certain positions for their club over players that do.  It absolutley clear as day to everybody but him that we need a proper left winger in that position to create chances so he gives Gordon (a player who has torn it up there in the Prem all season) 5 minutes in 3 games. Cole Palmer was the best player on the pitch when he came on and hes had 20 minutes in 3 games. Square pegs in round holes do not fcking work. Last 10 minutes was the most balanced weve looked and we actually started creating.. who’d of thought???

Kane

Gordon.    Foden.    Palmer

Rice Bellingham

how hard is it??

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

If we avoid Netherlands on Sunday, we potentially would have a pretty easy run to the final. Something like Ukraine - Italy - Austria - Final 

The way we are playing I would fancy us to get past any of those, especially Austria lol

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Easy run?

The way we're playing, I would expect us to struggle with San Marino - Coalville Town - Make A Wish Foundation XI - Final.

• Haha 4

Just now, Izzy said:

I've got a funny feeling we can't play any worse and might actually squeak our way through the the later stages.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Weve been incredibly lucky once again with the draw for the next rounds.

And if Denmark would have just sneaked a result tonight, I think we’d be basically gone in the last 16

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who was the last elite English manager.

We've tried really highly rated foreign coaches (Sven, Capello) and they've done worse than Southgate.

I think it's just an impossible job.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've got a funny feeling we can't play any worse and might actually squeak our way through the the later stages.

It can always get worse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I've no doubt. He'll be managing us at the next World Cup - and there will be people spaffing on about him having the best tournament record of any manager.

• Like 2

What impressed me most about Southgate's tactics tonight is that there were four number 10s out there at different times, and yet on the numerous occasions the ball dropped on the edge of the box, or the 3 occasions there was a perfect cutback for a number 10....there was no #10 in sight. Sublime.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

If Southgate was in charge of cutting the cake

IMG_7110.jpeg

Surely it would still be in its box, where it would be nice and safe! 

• Haha 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The only saving grace is my Facebook feed isn't full of "it's coming home" posts from people who haven't ever watched a full 90 mins of football in their lives 

Absolutely!! 👍
I haven’t had to suffer some bird at work waffling on about how it’s coming home. Not yet anyway 

Edited by Col city fan