Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

We've tried really highly rated foreign coaches (Sven, Capello) and they've done worse than Southgate.

I think it's just an impossible job.

Capello's tournament was terrible, Sven's last was but 2002 we lost to Brazil who won it and 2004 we played some great football and were a badly wrong decision away from a semi-final.

Southgate has gone further but he's not a roaring success whilst others are failures.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Bellingham is phoning it in.

How has he not been hooked?

He was telegramming it in.

Running down the wing stop looking for pass stop need to stop stop

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've got a funny feeling we can't play any worse and might actually squeak our way through the the later stages.

I genuinely think his number's up this time. Some of the tactics and subs look utterly desperate to me. Like the last months of Brendan when he was fumbling unsuccessfully for some system that would work. I think we'll be out next game and he'll be gone.

I thought we were half decent the last twenty minutes without looking like we were gonna score still.

play to our strengths Southgate, we simply have to start with Gordon, Palmer, Mainoo on the team.  If you have to drop a couple of other big names to do it, then just do it

• Like 2

can honestly say, the 22/23 season was more entertaining than the 3 group games, and we was crap

perfectly sums it all up for me

cant wait for Mainoo and Palmer to not start the next game too, 

and Kane's post match interview, just shows the mentality of this england team for me

39 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Bellingham is phoning it in.

How has he not been hooked?

He was telegramming it in.

Running down the wing stop looking for a pass stop put foot on ball stop stop stop

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

We've tried really highly rated foreign coaches (Sven, Capello) and they've done worse than Southgate.

I think it's just an impossible job.

We are a major football nations we should never have been employing foreign coaches.

We have come miles in terms of player development, we need to address the lack of development in english coaches.

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I think we'll make it to the final at least. We're in the other half of the draw to France, Germany, Portugal and Spain. 

Will we find enough goals v Netherlands then Italy or the Swiss ?

Can see 1-0 either way .

Vestergaard easily MotM against Serbia - was a man mountain at the back (perfect against Serbia) and had the best chance which he should have scored.

• Like 2

"We were much improved"

"We created good openings"

"Discipline to keep a clean sheet"

Gareth Southgate, what a guy :appl: