Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

He needs to drop Trippier, Walker and Gallaher and change the formation slightly

As I said before we kicked a ball, the midfield 3 has to be Rice Bellingham and Mainoo.  The rest is a lot less important.

Who are you playing left back is you drop Trippier?  Back 3?  

Itll be actually embarrassing  if they progress further.

For the sake of football  they should be knocked out next round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I don't get why so many of you hold Southgate in such high regard. Personally, I think he's a dogshit manager.

I don’t think there’s anything positive at all on here regarding Southgate.

He’s definitely not held in 'such high regard’.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Bellingham has been awful for two games, lost his confidence. I'd probably drop him.

Players like Bellingham, Foden, Saka and Kane have had long seasons at clubs challenging for trophies. They are jaded, close to exhaustion. They should have been rested for a game or two. It's no surprise that someone like Palmer can come on as a breath of fresh air. We should be playing (at least for a game or two in the group) players like Bowen, Gordon, Palmer and Watkins.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

Players like Bellingham, Foden, Saka and Kane have had long seasons at clubs challenging for trophies. They are jaded, close to exhaustion. They should have been rested for a game or two. It's no surprise that someone like Palmer can come on as a breath of fresh air. We should be playing (at least for a game or two in the group) players like Bowen, Gordon, Palmer and Watkins.  

Yep, but the starting line up for the next game will be:

Pickford

Walker

Stones 

Guehi

Trippier

Rice 

Bellingham

Mainoo (as the customary midfield change)

Saka

Foden

Kane

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Thays a fair call but you could argue that had they performed anywhere near their beat, you would have had 6 points from the first two games and resting them wouldn't have been an issue in the slightest. 

This is one too many tournaments for Southgate. He should have given up when his stock was high last time. 

You can tell, there is no plan going forward, no movement, no creativity, no balance. It's so bad and no tactics at all. They're relying on just sheer talent.

Play the Dutch and we're out, and they don't deserve anything more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think most decent managers have us not only in the final, but fairly fresh for it as well after whoever we'd face have had a far more taxing run.

We're that bad though I think even despite his luck we might actually go out to a Slovakia. This is genuine 2016 level stuff at this point. We've got that howler in us. I'm braced.

We are losing our first knockout game. Watching England is like watching Leicester under the last days of Rodgers, no energy and no clue. 

• Like 2

The strange environment comments are just another indication of a manager who is under pressure and doesn’t know how to cope. Along with the Phillips comments earlier, we’re seeing similar to the way Rodgers reacted when the tide turned here. 

I made a comment yesterday about the players not caring which a few others pulled me up on, and they were right, it was made out of frustration. I think what you do see from the players is that they are operating under a manager who is lacking any leadership and providing direction. Going off body language in the first 15 minutes alone from the match yesterday I would say there is something seriously wrong in the England camp. 

I suspect stuff will come out in the months to come when Southgate has left his post, but what a serious waste of talent this was again for another major tournament. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Yep, but the starting line up for the next game will be:

Pickford

Walker

Stones 

Guehi

Trippier

Rice 

Bellingham

Mainoo (as the customary midfield change)

Saka

Foden

Kane

Comepletely agree !! One change tops. :thumbdown:

Edited by Ely fox

55 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This is one too many tournaments for Southgate. He should have given up when his stock was high last time. 

You can tell, there is no plan going forward, no movement, no creativity, no balance. It's so bad and no tactics at all. They're relying on just sheer talent.

Play the Dutch and we're out, and they don't deserve anything more. 

tbf even Austria would beat us atm, and Rangnick hasnt been in the job half as long as Southgate,

im shocked more havent called for him to go, as frankly hes holding onto the job through past results/tournaments, 

media wont have a go at him as hes a darling for them,but be right....england have played well for ages and the FA only appointed him cos he was a yes man, as frankly he didnt do any better with the U21s than Stuart Peace etc

I thought it was really entertaining, some of the best TV I've seen in a while, my excitemet for it to start was palpable and it didn't disappoint. Some great attacking, great pace and an all round wonderful spectable. 

Enough of House of the Dragon which I watched instead of the football. 

Can't wait for Southgate to get employed by Fulham or Bournmouth and relegate them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I thought it was really entertaining, some of the best TV I've seen in a while, my excitemet for it to start was palpable and it didn't disappoint. Some great attacking, great pace and an all round wonderful spectable. 

Enough of House of the Dragon which I watched instead of the football. 

Can't wait for Southgate to get employed by Fulham or Bournmouth and relegate them. 

It'll probably be us who gives him his first job back

Just getting through is not enough anymore, fans want to see talented footballers play some football. 

It's a bit of a cliche but there is probably something in us being more of a threat against the likes of Holland and Italy as they show more ambition against us. 

Southgate cresting a narrative that the fans are creating 'unusual environment' when all I heard was massive support during the game. 

There is a decent chance Southgate flukes his way to a final and you never know. And he will feel justified. We are going to need an Iceland result to get rid of him. 

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

As I said before we kicked a ball, the midfield 3 has to be Rice Bellingham and Mainoo.  The rest is a lot less important.

Who are you playing left back is you drop Trippier?  Back 3?  

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi

Trent                                 Saka

Bellingham Rice

Foden

Kane   Watkins