Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

If he don't change the formation and get players in the natural position then we are 100% out.

I honestly don't think he has the guts to do that, he was moaning about fans/pundits yet says he is the hardest critic, **** off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he don't change the formation and get players in the natural position then we are 100% out.

I honestly don't think he has the guts to do that, he was moaning about fans/pundits yet says he is the hardest critic, **** off.

i believe we could meet the Netherlands next 

If he played this team it would probably win it, it also gives him a chance to go ultra defensive using the subs because we know that's what he loves if we actually create chances and take them which we would by playing this.

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi

Trent                                 Saka

Bellingham Rice

Foden

Kane   Watkins

Saka used to play LB so not even out of position then Trent can cover in a back 4 and push further up when possible and he could have Rice and Bellingham covering the defense if needed.

I am just a fan and have came up with a better tactical plan than Southgate and hes had 2 years to think about this.

It would also allow Watkins who was one of the players of the season to get on the pitch and we are lacking goals.

Same thing happened with Vardy, Maddison now Palmer bloke is clueles.

Edited by whoareyaaa

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

Gareth Southgate is the only manager in the world who could take the Bundesliga top scorer, La Liga player of the season and the EPL player of the season, and pick a system that makes all three completely ineffective.

"Hold my beer." 

england-u21-manager-peter-taylor-8393280

It went stale after the World Cup, trigger should of been pulled then.

His personality has switched completely, he's getting angry, making snidy comments, just seems a completely different person and I think it's rubbing off on the players.

I think he's become very entitled because of some of the latter stages we've got to and now it's all gone very "Look what i've done for you, why are you not thankful"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It went stale after the World Cup, trigger should of been pulled then.

His personality has switched completely, he's getting angry, making snidy comments, just seems a completely different person and I think it's rubbing off on the players.

I think he's become very entitled because of some of the latter stages we've got to and now it's all gone very "Look what i've done for you, why are you not thankful"

Brendan 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

Obviously Southgate isn't happy with things - but if you were the manager, wouldn't you be trying to quell outside pressure by dismissing it? He and the squad knows that it's best they block all that stuff out and just focus on things calmly behind closed doors. 

You may think of that as a fan what you will, but surely you can also see why this is a decent approach to protecting the players and thereby the chances of success?

I don't think he is dismissing it - He seems to be confused by it 

You're right though in that it can be used to spur the players on but there is absolutely no sign of that whatsoever at the moment. 

His confused, weak and limp leadership is what is being projected on to the pitch 

He looks hugely out of his depth 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I thought it was really entertaining, some of the best TV I've seen in a while, my excitemet for it to start was palpable and it didn't disappoint. Some great attacking, great pace and an all round wonderful spectable. 

Enough of House of the Dragon which I watched instead of the football. 

Can't wait for Southgate to get employed by Fulham or Bournmouth and relegate them. 

babs.jpeg

• Haha 1

When a football manager and his players talk like politicians you can't expect anything better. This team is now full of toxicity. Even if Southgate changes his tactics it's too late now, damage is irreversible. Both the manager and the players are responsible for what is happening alongside FA and journos. The pundits are full of hypocrisy as for many years they were defending Southgate. 

Kane should be banned from wearing this shirt, he's one of the reasons this team is so stale for years. Goal machine my ***. Vardy was (is) a goal machine. Vardy scored goals and won trophies with no support from world class players. 

I don't even know what on earth Watkins and Toney are doing there watching this arrogant clown walking at the speed of a snail every game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Some England fans' reactions to the team's performances at Euro 2024 are "creating an unusual environment" which is "causing an issue for the group" says manager Gareth Southgate.

No, Gareth. Some performances on the pitch are creating an unusual environment in the stands, which is filled with fans who've spent ALOT of money to watch your side limp to a 0-0 draw against Slovenia.

Fix what you're paid to fix, and the fans will follow. Not the other way round 

They just want happy clappers around them. Next game he'll blame the fans because they messed up with the mental health of the players. 

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

They just want happy clappers around them. Next game he'll blame the fans because they messed up with the mental health of the players. 

I think that's what he's basically saying already

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

2 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

I think that's what he's basically saying already

1. Sell the FA to a business (preferably a billionaire arms company like Lockheed Martin or something)
  2. Turn the England fanbase into happy customers
  3. Charge £250 a shirt and implement a £1000 membership scheme to buy tickets
  4. Job done
  • Like 1

The weird comments, the snidey remarks, the blame-shifting - rather than some personality transplant, Southgate's exhibiting signs of severe pressure IMO.

Smacks of a dude who's faced with a woefully underperforming team despite it being arguably the most talented and having absolutely no clue what to do to remedy it.

He's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks at this point. 

Not sure I get the comparisons with the way Rodgers was acting here. He's just a cvnt. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Some England fans' reactions to the team's performances at Euro 2024 are "creating an unusual environment" which is "causing an issue for the group" says manager Gareth Southgate.

No, Gareth. Some performances on the pitch are creating an unusual environment in the stands, which is filled with fans who've spent ALOT of money to watch your side limp to a 0-0 draw against Slovenia.

Fix what you're paid to fix, and the fans will follow. Not the other way round 

Who would have thought that fans, who are probably spending at the very least £500, probably thousands are getting a little disgruntled with their boring manager. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

How often do Bayern Munich have a completely trophy less season? I don't think it's luck personally 

A man that scores 36 goals in 32 Bundesligue games is not the reason a team doesnt win a trophy. A myth of a manager who thinks Eric Dier is good enough to be playing for a club like Buyern Munich is

Edited by South Shire Fox

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The weird comments, the snidey remarks, the blame-shifting - rather than some personality transplant, Southgate's exhibiting signs of severe pressure IMO.

Smacks of a dude who's faced with a woefully underperforming team despite it being arguably the most talented and having absolutely no clue what to do to remedy it.

He's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks at this point. 

Not sure I get the comparisons with the way Rodgers was acting here. He's just a cvnt. 

True but still it doesn't make sense why Southgate is reacting like this. Is there something else we don't know? Surely someone with common sense would at least try to fix some tactical issues? Thousands were booing after the game, is everyone in the squad so incompetent and unethical? 

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

True but still it doesn't make sense why Southgate is reacting like this. Is there something else we don't know? Surely someone with common sense would at least try to fix some tactical issues? Thousands were booing after the game, is everyone in the squad so incompetent and unethical? 

Rift within the squad would be my assumption. 

Never seen so many media figures go hard at England since 2010. Apparently FA's media person has been touchy about the criticism last night and told media sources to rein it in. EDIT: Just seen your earlier post!

Edited by CosbehFox