Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

6 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The strange environment comments are just another indication of a manager who is under pressure and doesn’t know how to cope. Along with the Phillips comments earlier, we’re seeing similar to the way Rodgers reacted when the tide turned here. 

I made a comment yesterday about the players not caring which a few others pulled me up on, and they were right, it was made out of frustration. I think what you do see from the players is that they are operating under a manager who is lacking any leadership and providing direction. Going off body language in the first 15 minutes alone from the match yesterday I would say there is something seriously wrong in the England camp. 

I suspect stuff will come out in the months to come when Southgate has left his post, but what a serious waste of talent this was again for another major tournament. 

I think this too, which is why it's negligence for the FA to have kept him in the job today. Take drastic action. England have a fantastic potential route to the final and we're wasting it on somebody who has clocked out.

Use Southgate's luck to get the good draw and then get a proper manager in to navigate it.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I cant wait for Southgate to go. Really can't. Got to be the single worst manager in world football. 

Wouldn't trust him with a pub team. 

Very true!!!

What English team would even take him as coach? It might be a lower championship team. Utterly pathetic and useless.

Richard Keys still talking absolute drivel as usual. 

When asked by Netherlands legend Ruud Gullit during beIN Sports’ coverage of the game if he would sack Southgate before their next match on Sunday, Keys replied: ‘I’m so depressed, I thought that was so miserable once again tonight.

‘I’m at a point whereby if I were able to make that decision, yes, I probably would because we are going nowhere double quick.

‘We’re here to win it, that, what I’ve seen tonight, that’s not winning the next game, let alone the tournament.’

Keys then went on to suggest former West Ham and Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp as a potential short-term successor.

‘Harry Redknapp’s sat in Dubai tonight, give him a call,’ Keys said.

‘[Jurgen] Klopp won’t do it but Harry, you think he wouldn’t be on a plane tomorrow morning?’

Harry Redknapp FFS :rolleyes:

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Blaming the fans for creating problems. Get so far to fvck, fans spending hundreds and thousands of pounds to follow you and watch you bore them to death. Arguably the strongest squad in the tournament putting in the most turgid performances you could imagine whilst the manager picks up 100 bags a week. 

Football is meant to be entertainment, ahead of anything else. 

The only "strange environment" Gareth, is the confliction that if we somehow win the bloody thing you'll stay as the manager.

I see England's draw luck and think that there's a chance he could spawn his way through this.

Then I see the actual performances, this sort of narrative, the playing the victim in the media from the players and think we've absolutely no chance. We have every hallmark of a surprise exit. The feel good factor has vanished. We're in a position where we have a fantastic opportunity yet not even the most blindly optimistic believe. It's staggeringly bad.

It just needs a Slovakia loss in the round of 16 and he's fully matched Euro 2016.

The FA have today cost England our chance of the tournament by not getting rid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Who would people want to succeed Southgate/who do we actually think it will be 

I think England will interview Gary O'Neil, Eddie Howe, Carsley and Potter.

I think the current set up is very much 'must be English. But if they want to drop that I genuinely think Klopp would snap their arm off... his ****ing saviour complex would explode at the thought of finally being able to deliver a trophy!

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Who would people want to succeed Southgate/who do we actually think it will be 

I 100% believe the narrative Potter was dragging his heels with us because he wants the England job. 

If he wants it, you have to imagine he'll probably get it. It would be surprising if a better candidate showed an interest. That's not a dig at England, more just a reflection of where international football is at. There aren't exactly floods of high profile managers lining up to do it anymore. 

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think the current set up is very much 'must be English. But if they want to drop that I genuinely think Klopp would snap their arm off... his ****ing saviour complex would explode at the thought of finally being able to deliver a trophy!

I get the feeling Lampard and Gerrard will put themselves forward.....

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Eddie Howe would be the best Englishman for the job by a mile. Cant see him leaving Newcastle for the job though. Id go the Foreign route personally if Howes not interested

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's going to be Southgate jamming his way to the final again or a massive missed opportunity that we've wasted. 

It's the luckiest manager in football getting another lucky run that will con people into thinking he's a good manager. England having these runs wasted on Southgate is a massive blown opportunity.

The difference with this tournament however is we don't look at all convincing even against the weaker sides. In previous you could at least say we were getting by the poorer sides without much trouble. We've been poor in every game so far. We're right set up to lose to somebody 'weaker'.