Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

What Southgate and the players cannot criticise is England fans support during the matches. It's been excellent and there's no excuses for the performances to be lacking because they aren't being backed.

Whether showing their displeasure after the final whistle is unacceptable or not is debatable but there's a general belief in football that there's a time and a place for making hour feelings known and that's not when the game is on and it can be further detriment.

So I don't see a huge issue, they are underperforming and this is the end result of a manager who's tenure should have ended at least 18 months ago.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

So we want a Czech win, correct? I don’t fancy Netherlands 

The Dutch won't play with a low block, giving is more space.

I'm not saying we'd beat them, but it has the makings of a really good game.

I reckon the other sides we could potentially meet, will just sit deep, stick 10 men behind the ball & frustrate England.....which means another dull game. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What Southgate and the players cannot criticise is England fans support during the matches. It's been excellent and there's no excuses for the performances to be lacking because they aren't being backed.

Whether showing their displeasure after the final whistle is unacceptable or not is debatable but there's a general belief in football that there's a time and a place for making hour feelings known and that's not when the game is on and it can be further detriment.

So I don't see a huge issue, they are underperforming and this is the end result of a manager who's tenure should have ended at least 18 months ago.

Easy to say look at the bigger picture. Imagine that or Denmark was your only game of the tournament- you'd feel especially hacked off.

We've won the group doing the barest minimum against awkward but limited teams. The second lowest group winning points total with a quarter of the goals Germany scored. Yes, we might still win it, we might play much better but let's call it out- that was a pitiful effort and fans paying good money gave the correct response.

42 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

And now the big question, what are you all doing to stay awake vs Slovakia:

1. Paint the room and watch it dry. 

2. Force an argument with the wife. 

3. Try to cook moussaka. 

4. Ask the kids to use their water pistols on you every 10 seconds. 

I’m going to paint my tv and watch it dry. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's just an unbelievable draw again isn't it. Such a golden opportunity. But I'm really unconvinced. There is something wrong with England this time.

Slovakia, Italy, Netherlands, final 

Two of those teams will camp on their penalty box and we’ll be out before the semis imo.

It's weird to think how England put in the worst three of the worst performances at a tournament but somehow win the group and without losing a single game. We've been luckily its been a crap group. Southgate and players acts at the moment like England fans are overacting, but none of the players and coaching staff had have had to fork out £1,000's of pounds to watch this drivel. 

It's a long way for fans fans to travel to watch 0-0 bore draw against a side that's not even in the top 50 world rankings... fans want entertainment and effort. England winning the group with five points of course is not a bad thing, but you need to inspire the fans with performances. Giving them hope for the later stages against higher ranked opposition. If England had beat Serbia 2-0! everyone's happy. Scored more than one and kept a clean sheet. Draw to Denmark but create lots of chances and but a lot of desire in... it's an okay result fans appreciate the effort against a good Denmark team. England play Slovenia, held to a 2-2 draw but create lots of chances and dominate but can't find the winner but still enough be positive to be about.

Sadly we are not seeing this from England, it's like aim to score one early on and the sit back and hope for the best. Typical Southgate methods.

59 minutes ago, KFS said:

Slovakia, Italy, Netherlands, final 

Two of those teams will camp on their penalty box and we’ll be out before the semis imo.

We have an opportunity to improve, but I stick to my 1-0 scrape past Slovakia, lose 1-0 to Italy despite having most of the possession and xG of about 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We have an opportunity to improve, but I stick to my 1-0 scrape past Slovakia, lose 1-0 to Italy despite having most of the possession and xG of about 7.

We'll have the shots but no xg. We've been one of the least creative teams in the tournament.

He's blown it with his ridiculous ommission of a left back.