Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 minute ago, BillyFOX12 said:

In the last Euro Cup, we played 6 out of 7 games at home, and opposition fans couldn't enter the UK due to COVID restrictions. That tournament was tailored for us to win.

Good point I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder. 

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Saka and Foden were absolutely terrible 

I should specify, I was talking about the second half. Saka was good first half. I thought they were both really poor in the second half.

Just now, Wolfox said:

They were all woeful second half…. Tedious to watch 

Pickford rice, Guehi were good… so was Bellingham come back well and helped the midfield. Gallagher coming on also helped us maintain possession better. Could have been better but Serbia hardly threatened to be honest but for periods we did allow them to play more than I would have liked 

Horrible second half, that. We're lucky that we have two more games against less than world class opposition to improve in before the business end.

• Like 1

Battered them for 30 mins playing well, then just seemed to let them have all the ball and the pressure. Thought we defended fairly well second half considering it’s a new back line. Wins a win, onto the next. 

• Like 2

I’ve watched a season of similar stuff - too deep allowing an opposition half chances from clearances, a manager who does subs too late and can’t effect a game. 

At least we had Hermansen to actually pick a pass, Pickford just lumps it 

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

...did England win 1-0 or lose 3-0? Honestly unsure judging by the running commentary.

Take the win, move on.

Yeah allow the team to grow, I feel we have the players to come good. I was more impressed that we kept our composure at the back 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Battered them for 30 mins playing well, then just seemed to let them have all the ball and the pressure. Thought we defended fairly well second half considering it’s a new back line. Wins a win, onto the next. 

We need to bury teams during our periods of dominance or we'll regret it. We did exactly the same against Italy in the final last time out where we tortured them for 45 minutes and then sat back. They'd have had absolutely no answer had we bagged a second, but Southgate just doesn't learn. 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Pickford rice, Guehi were good… so was Bellingham come back well and helped the midfield. Gallagher coming on also helped us maintain possession better. Could have been better but Serbia hardly threatened to be honest but for periods we did allow them to play more than I would have liked 

They had more shots, corners and touches in the box. Pickford only made one save, but mostly their shots were blocked.

Got away with one.