Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Jack Grealish, Harry Maguire, James Maddison, Jarrad Branthwaite, James Trafford, Curtis Jones and Jarrell Quansah are the ones to miss out by all accounts. 

Good news that they think Shaw will be ok. Maguire has always been decent enough for England but surely Guehi starts alongside Stones. 

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but Maguire isn't as shit as people make out and has performed well for England over the years. The other centre back options are shit bar Stones lets be honest.

Maguire isn't good enough for a top 6 club, lets be honest he has had an awful time overall at Manchester United, but he always performs for England.

But our centre back options are lacking in quality. We once had Ferdinand, Terry and Campbell to pick from. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People congratulating Maddison for his statement is ****ing hilarious.

Man's left camp early, had a strop and has now posted a PR statement 

Tbh I don’t see any issues with him leaving early. What’s the point of him being there if he’s not going to be involved?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People congratulating Maddison for his statement is ****ing hilarious.

Man's left camp early, had a strop and has now posted a PR statement 

What's wrong with that? 

Where's the strop? Maybe he decided to leave and Southgate/England were okay with it? 

Surprised Branthwaite hasn't made it. Very easy to imagine Stones not being fit and then it's problem time. Guehi not played a full 90 since January, Dunk I have always liked but I don't think has had a great season and has looked ropey in some of his recent caps, Gomez doesn't ever seem to play centre back these days and Konsa likewise seems to be considered more of a utility option.

Palace with the most players in the reported squad which is cool.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Jack Grealish, Harry Maguire, James Maddison, Jarrad Branthwaite, James Trafford, Curtis Jones and Jarrell Quansah are the ones to miss out by all accounts. 

Good news that they think Shaw will be ok. Maguire has always been decent enough for England but surely Guehi starts alongside Stones. 

It's quite a list of omissions. They'd likely all be starters for any of the other nations in the group...

30 minutes ago, Guest said:

Surprised Branthwaite hasn't made it. Very easy to imagine Stones not being fit and then it's problem time. Guehi not played a full 90 since January, Dunk I have always liked but I don't think has had a great season and has looked ropey in some of his recent caps, Gomez doesn't ever seem to play centre back these days and Konsa likewise seems to be considered more of a utility option.

Palace with the most players in the reported squad which is cool.

Probably a tournament too soon for Braithwaite only featured for Palace in last few months of the season, but certainly a role for him in the future.

Cant blame him for dropping Maddison or Grealish. Maddison has been injured for large periods whilst Grealish hasnt featured enough for his club.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Probably a tournament too soon for Braithwaite only featured for Palace in last few months of the season, but certainly a role for him in the future.

Cant blame him for dropping Maddison or Grealish. Maddison has been injured for large periods whilst Grealish hasnt featured enough for his club.

To be fair to him he had a very difficult job breaking into that Palace team given he plays for Everton

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Very funny 

Holy shit, Madders lives in this guy's head rent free.

Imagine being literally the worst striker in the Premier League and having the drive to be so obsessed with trying to shithouse any other fellow pro, let alone one about ten times better better than you. 

And why? Cos he was triggered by his celebration? Whatever you think of Maddison, Maupay is so ****ing tinpot.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Does seem a bit weird that getting leaked and leaving the camp. Something kicked off? 

Likely he was getting cut anyway but why so sudden?

I doubt they have a great relationship after all the nonsense years ago.

Posted (edited)

We’re stacked in attack but I worry about the defence. Several of the stronger members of the team over the past few years are over the hill, and the squad just doesn’t have the depth of recent tournaments. 

Edited by Lionator

Southgate been ruthless this time around, imagine on back of Euro 21.... where we reached the final. The squad that day featured likes of Sterling, Rashford, Grealish, Henderson, Phillips, Mount, Sancho all not going to Germany. Some massive names in their, just shows England strength at the moment. Compare that to so called Golden Era, were three tournaments in row the same squad featured and players would be picked even if their leg was hanging off.

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Holy shit, Madders lives in this guy's head rent free.

Imagine being literally the worst striker in the Premier League and having the drive to be so obsessed with trying to shithouse any other fellow pro, let alone one about ten times better better than you. 

And why? Cos he was triggered by his celebration? Whatever you think of Maddison, Maupay is so ****ing tinpot.

No doubt he will have something lined up for Vardy next season.

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We’re stacked in attack but I worry about the defence. Several of the stronger members of the team over the past few years are over the hill, and the squad just doesn’t have the depth of recent tournaments. 

Problem in previous tournaments has never been the defence it's more getting the goals into the back of the net at the other end. Euro 21 we had the best in the whole tournament only conceding two goals. The world cup 22... once again I think it was only 2 in that game in that defeat to France. In that game we had the better chances but didn't take them.

Only selection I'd really disagree with is Dunk. Simply not good enough. Maybe losing Maguire played on his mind and he wanted an older head, but he's still not good enough. In fact the centre back options outside Stones have minimal international experience anyway, including Dunk, so might as well have taken Branthwaite or Quansah.

Posted (edited)

The attacking talent will have to have a perfect tournament because that defence isn't good enough to win. 

Not that i blame Southgate for that as options are ridiculously limited. 

Surprised Southgate as gone with Eze and Wharton. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The attacking talent will have to have a perfect tournament because that defence isn't good enough to win. 

Not that i blame Southgate for that as options are ridiculously limited. 

Surprised Southgate as gone with Eze and Wharton. 

Why Eze? He’s been on absolute fire the back end of the season