Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

17 hours ago, Guest said:

Surprised Branthwaite hasn't made it. Very easy to imagine Stones not being fit and then it's problem time. Guehi not played a full 90 since January, Dunk I have always liked but I don't think has had a great season and has looked ropey in some of his recent caps, Gomez doesn't ever seem to play centre back these days and Konsa likewise seems to be considered more of a utility option.

Palace with the most players in the reported squad which is cool.

Completely agree. Dunk was overlooked when he was playing really well, and has now been included when his form is iffy. He was horrendous in that game against Belgium. I thought that Branthwaite would get in as he's quick and offers a left-footed option. Maybe Southgate felt he wasn't quite mature enough? The CB options are a definite concern.

• Like 1

Think he's got most of the bigger calls right this time. No idea how Maddison not going was even that big a story. I don't think it was even remotely controversial? Branthwaite on the other hand for me is an error. You've already got a bit of a weakness on the left hand side with a lot of emphasis being put in Shaw's fitness. So if he plays the Pep / Maresca system he's eliminated probably the obvious left back / left centre back and, while doing the same if we just play a back four anyway. I don't get that one at all, particularly when he's kept Dunk in who has been massively unconvincing for England.

As ever with England under Southgate I think we'll get by everybody we're better than and falter when we aren't. What this probably means is a semi final exit to France. 7 points in the group involving a 0-0 draw with Denmark in the second game.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Holy shit, Madders lives in this guy's head rent free.

Imagine being literally the worst striker in the Premier League and having the drive to be so obsessed with trying to shithouse any other fellow pro, let alone one about ten times better better than you. 

And why? Cos he was triggered by his celebration? Whatever you think of Maddison, Maupay is so ****ing tinpot.

I don't mind a bit of banter. Maupay only does it to people who are easy to wind up. Maddison is like dangling a carrot in front of his face. Kane did it too lest we forget, and he's not exactly tinpot.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

I don't mind a bit of banter. Maupay only does it to people who are easy to wind up. Maddison is like dangling a carrot in front of his face. Kane did it too lest we forget, and he's not exactly tinpot.

I don't either but this is just pathetic.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't either but this is just pathetic.

True I suppose, but at least he's showing his true colours. There are thousands upon thousands of other ball bags that don't dare put a face on their online comments.

6 minutes ago, Staff said:

So much talent, shite manager with no clue how to utilise 

6 minutes ago, Staff said:

So much talent, shite manager with no clue how to utilise 

So true. Players left are either injured or crap or injured and crap. Southgate is a shocking manager - get fuching rid sharpish 

6 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

So true. Players left are either injured or crap or injured and crap. Southgate is a shocking manager - get fuching rid sharpish 

I don't like Southgate and they should have got rid of him after the world cup but we can't exactly get rid of him a week before a tournament starts. After the euros though he needs to go and stink out Old Trafford even more than it already is. 

On 06/06/2024 at 17:32, shen said:

It's quite a list of omissions. They'd likely all be starters for any of the other nations in the group...

For Denmark Maguires chances of starting would be formation dependent. In a back four he’d never start ahead of Andreas Christensen and Joachim Andersen. In a back three he might start ahead of Simon Kjaer, but I doubt it if Kjaer was fully fit.

The rest would 100%

17 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't like Southgate and they should have got rid of him after the world cup but we can't exactly get rid of him a week before a tournament starts. After the euros though he needs to go and stink out Old Trafford even more than it already is. 

I don't understand why we can't sack him before the Euro. It's not like these players are playing together week in week out all season. The defense is generally weak by default, you can't do much there, but a more tactical capable manager can utilise the whole team to play according to its strength even within 2 days of training. The system with just Kane will never work. You can scrap some results against Slovenia and Serbia but there's no way this approach will work vs teams like Spain, France or Italy. 

Either way having Southgate as the national team manager is one of the most bizarre things. There's no logic, common sense or whatever behind this. Even if you ask foreign fans about it 100% of them will tell you Southgate needs to go. I know a lot of them and not a single one understands how on earth Southgate is England's manager. 

15 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't understand why we can't sack him before the Euro. It's not like these players are playing together week in week out all season. The defense is generally weak by default, you can't do much there, but a more tactical capable manager can utilise the whole team to play according to its strength even within 2 days of training. The system with just Kane will never work. You can scrap some results against Slovenia and Serbia but there's no way this approach will work vs teams like Spain, France or Italy. 

Either way having Southgate as the national team manager is one of the most bizarre things. There's no logic, common sense or whatever behind this. Even if you ask foreign fans about it 100% of them will tell you Southgate needs to go. I know a lot of them and not a single one understands how on earth Southgate is England's manager. 

... because every single team, pundit and analyst will see it for the desperation move that it is this close to the tournament, rightly sense weakness and have a huge confidence boost when playing England, no matter who they get in to replace him?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

... because every single team, pundit and analyst will see it for the desperation move that it is this close to the tournament, rightly sense weakness and have a huge confidence boost when playing England, no matter who they get in to replace him?

Who would come in at this stage ?!