Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Kane's funeral is going to be a riot. Trying to get him in the box is a nightmare!

The bloke presses worse than a pre WW2 iron. 

• Haha 1

Denmark very average but like against Serbia we are watching them play it around… I don’t get it, it is like we are a non league team against a PL side… playing so deep and getting numbers back… it’s weird and ****ing shit tactics 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

pretty much spot on that, dunno how some people defend him tbf

Southgate strcuturally is not a good coach. He might be a good man-manager, but I seriously don't think he understands coaching basics.

The most obvious thing with England is the lack of attacking patterns of play. Look at us last season, you saw obvious patterns where say the number 8 makes an inside channel run to cut it back to a winger or other number 8. In this tournament, look at Italy, France, even "lesser" teams like Switzerland and Austria. They all have clear patterns, England don't.

Another example is that he's seen Trent as an inverted fullback for Liverpool and thinks he can play as a CDM. But he doesn't understand HOW Liverpool used Trent to make that work.

England will probably still win the game, just because of the quality we have, but it's in spite of the manager, not because of him.

If Potter replaces Southgate, he will be waaaaaaay better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

TAA isn't moving, he's not showing for the ball. Rice is just running around him trying to get the ball moving whilst he just watches the game going on round him.

You’re right, I like him a lot but I’ve barely noticed he’s there, centre midfield has been Rice carrying it upfield alone and Bellingham trying to get close to Kane. Trent seems to have inherited the Mason Mount role of strolling around pointing and not getting involved, the game passing him by.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Is Kane a striker or a deep lying midfielder? Spent all his career doing this, about time he decided so a team he plays for can win something.

It's no coincidence he's never won anything 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

TAA isn't moving, he's not showing for the ball. Rice is just running around him trying to get the ball moving whilst he just watches the game going on round him.

Trent’s attitude stunk that half - I’d have subbed him after 20 minutes.

He was essentially hiding.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Need a striker that is aggressive, can score goals and playa with passion. What Rio has just described a prime Vardy

Whenever I am boring my friends about Vardy (which is often) - I swear that we'd have won the 2018 WC with him up front instead of Kane. But Kane is absolutely undroppable and always has been. His record speaks for itself/himself. He's not good for teams.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

Whenever I am boring my friends about Vardy (which is often) - I swear that we'd have won the 2018 WC with him up front instead of Kane. But Kane is absolutely undroppable and always has been. His record speaks for itself/himself. He's not good for teams.

Even dropping Alli or Sterling for Vardy would have worked on 2018.

• Like 1