Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Bellingham gets a lot of room for Madrid as he has TWO strikers ahead of hims stretching defences.

Foden cutting inside is crowded out by Kane not moving enough off the ball.

Saka has no one overlapping him and is often against two or 3 players. 

Trent isn’t a midfielder, he can move inside from FB but he certainly has no place in a double pivot.

Rice is overhyped and needs a proper partner.

Trippier has no place in this squad. Past it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolutely pathetic. 

This is one of the best squads talent wise and we are continually huffing and puffing. How can Southgate see that it’s not worked/ing? 

I am baffled as to why he’s starting Foden out wide when he’s so much better centrally, where he’s been playing all season for his club. 

Best player in the best league in the world playing as a ten, he can also play ok on the right. This idiot plays him in the position where he doesn’t play. It’s a joke. 

I don't know what it is.

1. The players aren't as good as we think they are.

2. We're tactically inept.

3. We have a poor mentality.

I swear if we got the best 11 players from around the world put them in an England shirt they'd somehow become average.

It will all be over when we play any decent.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I don't know what it is.

1. The players aren't as good as we think they are.

2. We're tactically inept.

3. We have a poor mentality.

I swear if we got the best 11 players from around the world put them in an England shirt they'd somehow become average.

It will all be over when we play any decent.

All of the above 

• Like 1

We need someone who wants to play attacking, pacey football once this tournament is over. An exciting, big name appointment who might not necessarily even be English.

Klopp, De Zerbi, Tuchel and Zidane are all available right now. Pay one of them, any of them, what they want and build a foundation to win a tournament with this talented crop of players. 2026 in the USA may suit us and Euro 2028, which is mostly on home soil, would as well. 

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FA take note IMG-20240620-WA0011.jpg.518f91075909f3c58e610268af816379.jpg

I remember this, they finished 3rd in their group with 3 points and on minus -3 so it looks like they were heading out and scraped through as the 4th best 3rd place team.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

We are stinking the tournament out. The only nation not giving it a go.

Against Iceland I saw a lack of energy and commitment… I thought yeah friendly before the tournament understandable. Now they are doing the same garbage here too 

• Like 1