Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 minute ago, Matt said:

By my own admission, I know **** all about football, but why after all these years is Lineker and the other pundits being critical of Kane when i've been saying the exact thing for years already, why is it only just dawning on people? Why is he only now being questioned?

Yes, he scores goals, you cannot argue with that, i'm contradicting myself when I say he adds nothing to the team, but he doesn't help the team, he could do alot more!

Kane is not the problem, its the team behind him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep, get Palmer in. He's one that has got the arrogance and confidence to go at it and make things happen.  Southgate is so boring and predictable 

I’m not sure we need another number 10 style player in there - we could do with some genuine width down the left.

Forgive does this makes sense interviewer "frustrating performance tonight, do you understand the dissapointment"... kanes response "yeah i think so" 🙄  you either you do or dont. Its not difficult question. This guy is captain.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Anyone else feel Kane is a problem and not a solution. His lack of mobility and decent movement is killing us and giving limited options to the players behind him. Not sure what the answer is as he's captain and his goalscoring record is fantastic but I'm just not convinced he's contributing enough. 

The tactics aren’t right, you need Kane to be playing the 9 role,  but coming deep is leaving us nothing no runners… Southgate’s rigged system is the major issue not Kane. There is no cohesion 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Kane is not the problem, its the team behind him

Also he needs a strike partner with him. Kane and Watkins both good, play them together. Instead we have to watch two defensive midfielders all the time.

So so poor. Southgate can't be take all of the blame though.

Too many player's unable to make simple passes, getting caught dithering on the ball, lacking basic skills, fitness & mental fortitude.

Southgate can only make 5 changes unfortunately. 

We really are a shambles, so easy to play against. 

Hope this is the last tournament wasted by this absolute clown of a manager. So frustrating seeing these players wasted in a system that'd have Sean Dyche and Gary Megson hard as a rock.

Just now, STEVIE B said:

So so poor. Southgate can't be take all of the blame though.

Too many player's unable to make simple passes, getting caught dithering on the ball, lacking basic skills, fitness & mental fortitude.

Southgate can only make 5 changes unfortunately. 

We really are a shambles, so easy to play against. 

his whole system is poor… being rigged and not having any cohesion in the side. There aren’t any outlet, nothing to hit. Sorry but southgate is 90% of the problem. 

Don't think they've done themselves any favours trotting out Walker and Kane to talk about the game. If they're the two most articulate and intelligent members of the squad then we really are in trouble. Tone deaf from Walker and I'm not sure Kane even understood the questions

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

How did Denmark not win that

How do you feel as a Denmark fan? Genuinely intrigued as you really should have won and I’d be annoyed.

I felt is was very 50/50, which from a Denmark point of view was a positive surprise. Do not forget Foden hit the post and Kasper had to pull a decent save from Watkins. Point was fair I think, could have nicked it, could have lost it. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Hope this is the last tournament wasted by this absolute clown of a manager. So frustrating seeing these players wasted in a system that'd have Sean Dyche and Gary Megson hard as a rock.

Sean Dyche is levels above him as a manager and that's saying something 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Media certainly turning on Southgate more than usual. Although the media are the ones that have overrated this squad more than anyone else.

I did think we'd be too open with Rice and 2 attacking 8s. But it would be better than this shit.

Players just getting in each others way. I'm still amazed he didn't take Rashford, sometimes players just fit what a manager needs whatever they've done for their clubs and Rashford is needed on the left imo. All the other players are too similar and noone wants to play there. 

Media have held their fingers in their ears whilst Southgate has consistently produced sub par performances with atrocious tactics for years now

Even the last euros had some moments where he made some very questionable decisions 

Lets go with two up now, lets have Kane alongside either watkins or toney. Give defenders not one but two strikers to worry about. This 4-3-3 having saka and foden each side of kane is just not doing enough damage. 

Even if it means going 3-5-2, play Walker as a wide midfielder if must and get Konsa in the back three. Saka the others side. 

Trent wont be starting next game thats certain

Edited by Leicesterpool

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Can't wait until Southgate leaves and we actually get a better manager.

The problem is the FA want a yes man.