Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

4 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Sean Dyche is levels above him as a manager and that's saying something 

Oh he absolutely is.

Fairly confident that Dyche would have been intelligent enough to realise he was playing against a snail like defence and maybe sliding ball in behind it would be a shout.

• Like 3

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I wonder if we'll ever see an England team comfortable in pocession?

A good manager in charge would, pep in charge would make this england team a force. Sadly never will happen, we will end up with a yes man, politician who the fa can control and not controversial.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Kane is not the problem, its the team behind him

Yes he is

along with TAA in the centre and Trippier at LB

Other than that (& my dislike of Pickford) the team behind is ok

In other news Bellingham should have been hooked instead of Foden

• Like 1

Seems like this is the first time Southgate and the players are finally being asked the questions that have needed answering.

Every interview tonight they’ve all been asked, is it the players or is it the manager that’s stopping them pressing and going for it.

I think what's quite telling, is that plenty of people on here, Twitter etc... who are usually defensive are being critical themselves. I've not seen the pundits lose it like this over England since probably Iceland.

The only ones who are peddling the usual bilge, worryingly for England, are the players and manager.

Said pre tournament I thought we'd beat anybody from 5th or below and then lose to anybody else but that line is dropping no end. I think we're ripe to lose to someone like an Austria or a Turkey. Imbalanced, lethargic, clueless. Very badly coached team and Southgate must surely know in his own head now that he's got to go. He'll probably say as such when we're out.

This is quite considerably the worst we've looked in a Southgate tournament. Two dreadful performances.

• Like 1

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Seems like this is the first time Southgate and the players are finally being asked the questions that have needed answering.

Every interview tonight they’ve all been asked, is it the players or is it the manager that’s stopping them pressing and going for it.

Why has it taken so long? This isn't anything new

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also, the arrogance to use Trent in midfield as an “experiment” in a major tournament is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, HybridFox said:

"We don't have a natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips"

Is he having a laugh lol

Lmao scary stuff wtf is he on about 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think what's quite telling, is that plenty of people on here, Twitter etc... who are usually defensive are being critical themselves. I've not seen the pundits lose it like this over England since probably Iceland.

The only ones who are peddling the usual bilge, worryingly for England, are the players and manager.

Said pre tournament I thought we'd beat anybody from 5th or below and then lose to anybody else but that line is dropping no end. I think we're ripe to lose to someone like an Austria or a Turkey. Imbalanced, lethargic, clueless. Very badly coached team and Southgate must surely know in his own head now that he's got to go. He'll probably say as such when we're out.

This is quite considerably the worst we've looked in a Southgate tournament. Two dreadful performances.

Makes me laugh the pundits have turned now, it’s not that different to every other year he’s been in charge, and they were hyper critical of anyone daring to say bad things.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Makes me laugh the pundits have turned now, it’s not that different to every other year he’s been in charge, and they were hyper critical of anyone daring to say bad things.

Tbf this is way worse than previous tournaments in terms of performances and the squad. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Tbf this is way worse than previous tournaments in terms of performances and the squad. 

Seems par for the course for me, negative shite football. We’ve just produced the odd goal more previously, Southgate is just doing what he always does…. Be negative 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Seems par for the course for me, negative shite football. We’ve just produced the odd goal more previously, Southgate is just doing what he always does…. Be negative 

Feels different this time though, doesn’t seem like he’s got the happy dressing room/ environment from the past

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

What was the temperature? Looked like they playing in 40+ degrees, no energy whatsoever 

Was apparently really humid due to the roof being closed.