Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

17 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Doubt he’ll do it but sometimes the introduction of a new element in game 3 can turn things around, go with Rice, Bellingham, Foden in midfield and bring Palmer or Gordon in. 

In terms of his previous the stubborn plonker will start the same team that started against Denmark. Southgate is stubborn as well as clueless 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

The problem is the FA want a yes man. 

Just a shame then that he doesn’t say “yes” to playing people in position, adopting an attacking gameplan or playing the best available side. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

his whole system is poor… being rigged and not having any cohesion in the side. There aren’t any outlet, nothing to hit. Sorry but southgate is 90% of the problem. 

He can't take 90% of the blame for so many poor individual performances in one game, tactically maybe. Although if the player's can't use basic skills, dither, can't pass, lack football IQ,  tactics are difficult to employ. Player's need to be massively accountable for such poor performances. However, I'm far from a Southgate fan, l should add.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Favourites my arse. I might have to drop the "anyone decent beats England" to "anyone about 8th down beats England". We barely look better than Slovenia.

we've now dropped to 3rd faves, below France and Germany.

I say this with absolute sincerity. I am so happy we have Cooper over Southgate. He’s truly appalling, this squad has made him look semi competent for two tournaments now but his time is over, I’d sack him with immediate effect.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's like a timid little mouse. How could you be inspired by that?

He's the kind of boss that employees like. Never gets on your back, makes out that you're doing a good job, stick at it, never criticises, either positively or negatively, put's an arm round your shoulder and pretends he's your mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Our last three tournament second group matches have been 0-0 with Scotland, 0-0 with USA and 1-1 v Denmark.

270 absolutely dire minutes.

Panama 6-1! weren't so bad lol... though yeah we were playing panama.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

English players need quality players around them to.make them better. 11 English players never works lol

Not when they're managed by someone doing their best impression of someone who's never watched football before. 

• Haha 2

Last euro cup. We had 6/7 games at Wembley, all English fans few opposition fans due to Covid restrictions. Easiest route to the final and a dodgy peno given to us in the semi. Southgate out!

Edited by FoxTimmy2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

English players need quality players around them to.make them better. 11 English players never works lol

I don't agree. This is all about playing in triangles, movement, pressing, fluidity.

We have the players, give them to Pep and we'd be world beaters. 

This manager doesn't have the tactical ability to bring the best out of the players , they looked like lost headless chickens.

9 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Last euro cup. We had 6/7 games at Wembley, all English fans few opposition fans due to Covid restrictions. Easiest route to the final and a dodgy peno given to us in the semi. Southgate out!

Yeah and we still lost 😂 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Walkers interview utter shite there. Be honest and say its not good enough. Talking guff that the fans expect us to win 3/4-0, no we don't, we expect a decent performance with passion, pride, energy and effort and not one player provided any of that today. Add in the fact we were poor against Serbia and it doesn't bode well for us going far in this tournament. Not even arsed about drawing with Denmark, they are a decent side, I'm arsed with how utterly pathetic that performance was.

Walker is a complete willy puller anyway. If he wasn’t a footballer, he’d be a gangster innit.