Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps one day we might be able to make cracks about Germany that don't involve an event 80 odd years ago that has naff all to do with today but is seemingly an obsession with those who didn't even some close to fighting in it.

Not today, though, apparently.

good to remind them imo, hopefully they won't do it again :ph34r:

• Haha 2

They're properly on the defensive aren't they. This response to the criticism thing is very Maddison tweet after Southampton. Can tell they've been sheltered from any criticism for so long when this is the response.

Only one way this ends. Buckle in lol 

• Like 4

It should be Wharton or, at worst, Mainoo in for TAA in midfield. Gallagher is a dog, good hassler but turns the ball over too often and he's not a good passer.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Bear said:
So Southgate really changing it up for the Slovenia game with TAA being replaced by Gallagher apparently. What a tactical genius. 

I reckon that change came to him in a dream! Absolutely radical decision 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It should be Wharton or, at worst, Mainoo in for TAA in midfield. Gallagher is a dog, good hassler but turns the ball over too often and he's not a good passer.

I thought the same but then compared all 3 from the last season and Gallagher seems to have the edge in terms of passing

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=5ODReChS1-XYKe1K9d51U

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I thought the same but then compared all 3 from the last season and Gallagher seems to have the edge in terms of passing

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=5ODReChS1-XYKe1K9d51U

That's mostly down to their team's style of play. We've seen enough of Gallagher to know he's an industrious B2B type and not a calmer deep midfield player.

This is what he's about https://x.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1805208784400249158

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

That's mostly down to their team's style of play. We've seen enough of Gallagher to know he's an industrious B2B type and not a calmer deep midfield player.

This is what he's about https://x.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1805208784400249158

Yeah that's a fair point.

Looking at those clips you'd say Wharton is exactly the type of footballer Southgate is saying he doesn't have available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Yeah that's a fair point.

Looking at those clips you'd say Wharton is exactly the type of footballer Southgate is saying he doesn't have available.

It'd be so frustrating being Wharton and seeing TAA and Gallagher not doing the things you can from the bench 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We don't need 2 deep midfielders he could bring in Palmer and move Jude up a bit and go more attacking and just have Rice as the defensive mid

The bloke is a fraud

He is way to defensive we don't need 4 defenders and 2 holding defensive mids at all, change it up man

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Any danger of Watkins playing with Kane?  Or are we going for the same old like for like one up top?

Too adventurous for Southgate. The most his tactical expertise can stretch to is swapping a makeshift midfielder for an actual defensive midfielder that isn't actually required. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We don't need 2 deep midfielders he could bring in Palmer and move Jude up a bit and go more attacking and just have Rice as the defensive mid

The bloke is a fraud

He is way to defensive we don't need 4 defenders and 2 holding defensive mids at all, change it up man

Against Slovenia yeah but we'd be too open against a decent side playing that way.

I really thought this was the tournament SAFEgate finally loosens up and dares to be brave and unleash our attacking potency at the opposition. Kinda like what pretty much every other team is doing just go out all guns and play to the max ie no reservation.

with our manager it’s always the feelings hes waiting for something or holding on too long. Such a frustrating watch. Yes of course playing front footed football has its risks but I’d much rather accept those risks playing that way than the inevitable risks playing deservedly and inviting pressure.

FFS if we don’t see a massive change across the board tomorrow that tells me simply England don’t deserve to be at this tournament. It’s been such an entertaining spectacle so far. The whole watching world has enjoyed it so far but wondering when England is going to join the party or are they going to continue sitting on the fence?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

James McLean still remains anti English in his remarks on Irish TV. Making remarks about Declan Rice swapping ROI for England, accusing it of a stepping stone move... BS... It's called playing for your country of birth... Rice tried it and realised ROI was crap at international level and probably felt what's the point playing for another nation when they qualify nowt. When an English player swaps England for ROI, it's a pat on the back from both camps... Let's just say if Rice found it he had a Dutch grandfather and swapped from ROI for Holland... no way McLean makes these remarks.

I wonder, is there any kind of history between RoI and England that could warrant such animosity? :dunno:

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I really thought this was the tournament SAFEgate finally loosens up and dares to be brave and unleash our attacking potency at the opposition. Kinda like what pretty much every other team is doing just go out all guns and play to the max ie no reservation.

with our manager it’s always the feelings hes waiting for something or holding on too long. Such a frustrating watch. Yes of course playing front footed football has its risks but I’d much rather accept those risks playing that way than the inevitable risks playing deservedly and inviting pressure.

FFS if we don’t see a massive change across the board tomorrow that tells me simply England don’t deserve to be at this tournament. It’s been such an entertaining spectacle so far. The whole watching world has enjoyed it so far but wondering when England is going to join the party or are they going to continue sitting on the fence?

The French, for one, evidently haven't read from this particular hymn sheet.

37 minutes ago, shen said:

I wonder, is there any kind of history between RoI and England that could warrant such animosity? :dunno:

I wonder.

What was it that Lord Palmerston said about the Irish again?

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

James McLean still remains anti English in his remarks on Irish TV. Making remarks about Declan Rice swapping ROI for England, accusing it of a stepping stone move... BS... It's called playing for your country of birth... Rice tried it and realised ROI was crap at international level and probably felt what's the point playing for another nation when they qualify nowt. When an English player swaps England for ROI, it's a pat on the back from both camps... Let's just say if Rice found it he had a Dutch grandfather and swapped from ROI for Holland... no way McLean makes these remarks.

I think Rice is overrated too but that is not the point. Very much doubt he would have been picked for such criticism if he had continued his international career with Ireland. As you say if Rice had gone Dutch or indeed anywhere else the bloke in question would have kept quiet I think. Anyway some of Ireland's better players chose them as unlikely to get in England squad and went down the grandparent route etc

What I think I found online with some English folk the reaction "Look at Scotland, playing with passion and desire, listening to the scots fans back their team with the flower of Scotland, whilst England are boring dull, lacking passion and the fans are soulless hooligans. Much glad I'm following Scotland this tournament "... 

Two weeks later England reach the final same fans

"Get IN! these lads are amazing! Bellingham world class, Kane world class, Foden world class, so proud of the boys! never been so proud to be English... Scotland get battered everywhere they go, football is certainly coming home this time, Come On England!"

Reaction to Losing the final...

"What a waste of time, a disgrace to the shirt, Southgate Out!, England will never win anything, might as well not bothered. At least if Scotland made the final they would have put up more of a fight" 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1