Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I was thinking about getting up at 3am to watch England, but now we are through anyway I will probably just watch the 3 minute highlights.

If you really want to deprive yourself the opportunity to see our players massively over-celebrate taking an early lead, probably including some meaningfully defiant gesture referring to the criticism they've received, then getting pegged back to our own 18-yard line for the rest of the game before conceding a late equaliser, I don't think you can call yourself an England fan. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If you really want to deprive yourself the opportunity to see our players massively over-celebrate taking an early lead, probably including some meaningfully defiant gesture referring to the criticism they've received, and then getting pegged back to our own 18-yard line for the rest of the game before conceding a late equaliser, then I don't think you can call yourself an England fan. 

Can't wait for this part in particular. Weak minded pansies 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably not, but they're still a decent side. No one has really looked outstanding so far, is it only Spain on for a maximum after the group stage? 

Portugal. 

• Like 2

Why, the fook, can’t this man just give Kane a rest?

He looks jaded and doesn’t need to play tonight.

Southgate, stop being a total twat and let Kane sit on the bench tonight.

Bollox to the media fall-out if you do. Grow a fookin pair and do it!

• Like 1

If he picks a predictable line-up which, let's face it, he's very likely to do, it might actually be more entertaining watching us lose, than trying to scrape a win.

We'll still go through regardless so I'm all for it and the fallout that this may bring lol

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We played one of the last tournament's semi finalists, were absolutely dreadful and still didn't lose.

England weren't 'absolutely dreadful'. You would've lost 5-1 if you were.

You were solid defensively and subpar going forward. 

Hyperbole strikes again.

Am I right in saying a bore 0-0 draw for us and Denmark win means we finish 2 and play Germany?

Part me just wants it to happen so we can get the disappointment over with, and a Saturday 8pm game against Germany could be carnage. 

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Am I right in saying a bore 0-0 draw for us and Denmark win means we finish 2 and play Germany?

Part me just wants it to happen so we can get the disappointment over with, and a Saturday 8pm game against Germany could be carnage. 

Yep. Finish 2nd and we're up against Germany. 

Even if it's an exciting 0-0 draw and a Denmark win! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Come top and will be 3rd from Group D or E.

Don't think the Czechs in Group F will do enough and Georgia won't beat Portugal.

Might as well withdraw the team from the tournament now. All the other teams except Scotland are better than England. The friendly vs Iceland wasn't a one-off fluke I'm afraid. 

13 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Come top and will be 3rd from Group D or E.

Don't think the Czechs in Group F will do enough and Georgia won't beat Portugal.

If we can avoid France and Belgium the other games are winnable rather have a couple of knock out games at least.